Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Less wasted UI space and many more options, and act on complaints!

I now hate Skype. Why? Because it takes up so much space and no longer has a proper conpact mode. I hate the update nags and the drastic UI deterioration, from version to version. Why don't you simply allow more options? Then, you could foist whatever UI you want on new users, but show some respect/loyalty to long-term users (been a user for prob 20 years) by allowing UI tailoring as they want. It's not exactly a new idea. What IS new is the "we know best" approach that is so evident. What is this "Suggest" thing for, and why…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Hello 1) I am ****** that I am forced to install this new version instead of the old 7.xxxxx which was 1000 times better and user friendly.

Hello
    1) I am ****** that I am forced to install this new version instead of the old 7.xxxxx which was 1000 times better and user friendly.
    You keep try to emulate Apple and lose your identity.

2) I was the first NDA betatester worldwide for Skype since 2003, and this version is the worst of all times.

Yo do not listen to your users/customers and you have turned this wonderful program to something peopla are leaving in the thousands. If read the reviews and feedback, you will find that 9 out of ten users do not like version 8......

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Dear Team, There should be an option to delete all the contacts.

In the previous versions, we had an option to select all the contacts and delete at once. can we have an option?

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make Skype tab flash for new messages

In Windows 7 --- when I minimize Skype and get a message, make the Skype tab FLASH to indicate a new message arrived (now its too small)

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Good day. In the old Skype there was a function - "Hide the text input indicator" = where to find it in Skype version 8.36.0.52 or ask to ad

Good day. In the old Skype there was a function - "Hide the text input indicator" = where to find it in Skype version 8.36.0.52 or ask to add this function!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. PRIVACY

YOU MUST BE FORCED BY COURT TO OFFER A PAID VERSION WITHOUT ANY TRACKING, GADGETS, LINKS to Offers and ensured privacy with high penalty!!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Older verison of skype

I like the older version of skype and I've read about plenty of other people that refer the older version skype 7.40 or 7.41. I liked the layout of it because it was easier to find what I was looking for and whenever somebody was online I knew they were online instead of guessing if they're online or not it is frustrating to me, I do like that we are able to personalize the newer version of skype but I don't like anything else about it.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Video feed (of myself and the other person) in the upper part of the window, instant messenger in the lower part of the window

Classic Skype (when minimized) had the text messenger in the lower part of the window and the video feed in the upper part of the window (of both my video partner and myself - resizable). This is a feature that was important to me and I wish it would be back.

Right now, I can only choose between video call and text messenger, but not text messenger with video in it just like Classic Skype had.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Copying format

When copying chat from window make it so it's the same text format as Skype7. It was easier to archive it this way in a neat format :(
    So:
    [Date][User][Message]

Right now the text is all scattered, making the copying function useless. Please, bring it back.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. We need size control of programme windows

SKYPE's Windows' needs to be more RESIZABLE. It is 500+ pixels wide and 750+ pixels long at its MINIMUM size. This is outrageous because it uses more than 33% of my screen real estate. The same is true for an open contact window. If you need a minimum size it should be 350 pixels for BOTH width AND length. What if I want to speak to two different people? What about three? Stop being so GREEDY so that your programme is the ONLY program that will fit on the screen, crippling any other ongoing work.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow us to turn off automatic updates in Skype 8.34.0.78.

Not all of us want Skype to automatically update. There are reasons for this. Please give us the option to disable automatic updates. I have checked over and over for this option in settings and it's not there.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Organize groups into a custom top-level object

Now I have access to my favorites and other contacts and groups.

I have groups of conversations with different sets of participants but united by a common goal.

For example, I need a Concrete plant, which contains a group of "Energy room", "Accounting", etc.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow copy and paste for numbers to call and the use of dialing strings

Should be able to use dialing strings, commas and # when making conference calls. That is a basic need. If this doesn't fixed, I'll be moving to Zoom when the enable voice calls soon.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Implement HUD-free video calling

User "anonymous" created this request: https://skype.uservoice.com/forums/914527-welcome-to-skype-ideas/suggestions/35324896-add-the-full-screen-function-back-and-give-us-hud

--
    Add the Full-Screen function back, and give us HUD-free video calls again!

What I loved about Skype 7, and what made it the apotheosis of all messaging apps, was its great and reliable video calling. I was able to toggle in and out of full-screen, resize the picture to the size I wanted, and I had the option of a disappearing HUD by simply moving the mouse - not even the person's profile picture could be seen -- it was great! But in Skype 8? You have all kinds of clutter on the…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. I do not want to be forced to use the compact view

I want the split view back. I woke up early to do some work today and you forced me to update and i lost the morning now.
    Give me back split view please.

This is horrible, now i understand why most people want to switch off skype

unreal..i feel like you robbed me today

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Disable Advanced text formatting.

Please, please put the ability to disable advanced text formatting from skype 7 back into skype 8. It's literally the only reason I used skype 7! It's so extremely frustrating that there isn't even a workaround anymore for it.!!

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. I really miss being able to edit something I just typed by pressing space and the up arrow.

I really miss being able to edit something I just typed by pressing space and the up arrow.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Space for writing message

It is not possible to remove all those icons in chat window. It would be better to choose which one should appear. I have a little space for writing message

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. emoji notifications

Please do not notified emoji to me, when someone reply emoji at my comments.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Group Setting

For running and managing group properly I need your help too:
    1. Limiting members from adding other users to the group chat.
    2. Kicks the user out from the group and ban them for rejoining the group in future (/kickban is not working)
    3. Hide group members Id show people are not able to steal id ( many are here/net for fun or for girls so they join groups so they can get girls id only with the help of one simple command ​​​​​"showmembers" possible you can get all group members id I think your team need to reserve few…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base