Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Оптимизация конференций

1. В классическом скайп (7.41....) можно было во время проведения конференции сделать демонстрацию не всего экрана, а только необходимого окна (что к тому же экономит трафик и снижает нагрузку на процессор). хорошо бы вернуть эту функцию в новом скайп.
      Очень нужна демонстрация окна.

2. В классическом скайп (7.41....) можно было во время проведения конференции можно было видеть всех абонентов на экране одновременно и без обрезки видео, в новом же видео обрезается, на экране крупно видео только до четырёх контактов, а остальные в маленьких кружочках. (бавает 10)
      Пожалуйста проработайте конференц связь!

Общаюсь с глухими (инвалидами по слуху) в новой версии стало тяжелее общаться…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Let users resize the Text Char Sidebar

On Desktop when I'm on call with another person, I can't resize the text chat sidebar. This is very inconvenient since they don't currently have a microphone making about 75% of my client's screen completely useless. I did set the text size to larger, but it's not large enough. If they'd let me resize the sidebar like on Skype 7 I would have no problems anymore. Thanks.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Hey i want you to add back the feature showing the time when screen is shared the previous versions had this feature but the new ones doesnt

Hey i want you to add back the feature showing the time when screen is shared the previous versions had this feature but the new ones doesnt

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. need classic features back

make visible on left side under contacts names so we can see their status message without having to click on names - very inconvenient the way it is - make it appear like the classic version was please

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Update the back end of Skype 7 to make it compatible with Skype 8.

One of the justifications offered for forcing the update from Skype 7 to Skype 8 is that Skype 7 is less secure and is not compliant with the GDPR data handling regulations.

Neither of these things affects the user interface in any way whatsoever.

The server infrastructure for Skype 8 has been updated to cope with these new requirements.

The "back end" of the Skype client, which handles message storage and transmission, has been updated in Skype 8, but Skype 8 is still sorely lacking in basic UI functionality.

The Skype 7 back end should be updated to use the…

158 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Change color of icon on taskbar when receiving new messages

Please bring back the notification in the Task Bar where the icon turns orange and flashes when receiving new messages. You had it in the old version and it was by far the most useful feature of SKYPE.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Верните группы контактов!

После обновления скайпа, в моих контактах теперь нету групп с контактами.
    Ранее я создал 5 групп разных контактов такие как - Дом, работа, итд... И мог сортировать контакты по ним, как сейчас это делать в новом скайпе?

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Option for turning off the emoticons in conversation window

In classic skype you could turn off any emoteicons. Now they just disturb while reading and replaces text in unexpected places. Plase bring that option back.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Request to Add more available Status

Request to Add more available Status

Require few more status like Away or Be right back

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Profile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Over the past few months you were asking us to improve Skype statuses. We have heard your feedback loud and clear and we plan to make status messages an integral part of your presence. Check out the link below for more details. I’ll post an update when it’s available.

- Petr

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/skype/forum/skype_featurems/bringing-you-more-control-over-your-skype-status/fd40b538-9f61-4972-bf70-05af53316626?page=15

12. Can you go bak to having a global answer and end call keystroke?! it's hard to end and answer a call while blind.

Can you have a global keystroke that allows you to answer and end calls? In your later versions it was alt and home to answer and alt and end to hang up. i was wondering if we could have that again! it'is hahrd to navigate through the window while you are getting a call and blind at the same time!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add more colors to choose from for chat bubble colors.

It would be great if we could have more color options for our chat bubbles! Maybe even the option to make it gradient or not?
    I personally think that allowing each user to choose whatever color they want, perhaps by a color dial of sorts, would make for a more enjoyable experience.
    Maybe even having the ability to change your chat bubble color for different chats as well?

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow to select if if your own messages appear on the right or left in chat and allow font style selection.

In Skype for windows 10, an option would be nice to be able to select which side your own messages appear. As it is, other contacts (aside from yourself) appear on left, and you appear on right. This is in it's own way very uncomfortable.

By allowing the option to select if your messages appear on the right or left, people uncomfortable with the current setting can change it and still read better, say those with large screens who maximize their chat window as the large gap between messages can be frustrating to have to jump between. This keeps messages…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. bring back the FIND feature that can search & find with my words that i type EXACTLY!

new version Skype doesn't recognize "positivity" as a correctly spelled word. they come out related words that i type only and did not highlight the words that we find and very hard to see.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Bring back the option to invite a 3rd person to an existing call .

Bring back the option to invite a 3rd person to an existing call by r-click>"Invite to Join". This existed in older versions.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Give Us Contacts where you can choose the order how pepole stay on the list

When I press that Book icon it gives me some Favorites category which I don't need. I have to go to pop up menu and I have to switsh All->Skype
    Even if I turned it to Skype list I want to create contatcs list in my way like it previous verion. But I can see it only by Alphabet. I have to rename all contacts to A1 A2 A3 before actual names.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Make it possible to use the text chat during a video call

Classic Skype had this neat compact design where the video call was in the upper part of the window and the text chat was right below it.
    It made it easy to text messages while simultaneously seeing the person on video call, all very compact on the right side of my screen. Since Skype 8, I can only switch between pure video call and pure text messaging (unless I go into full screen where both is available).

Please bring back this split view of video in the upper part and text chat in the lower part of the window, without…

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Proposition for new Polish voice for Echo Sound Test

Sorry, but I'll get it streight: Polish Echo Sound Test voiceover is just terrible (bad articulation, mounching, terrible voice tone...)
    But I am an voicover actor and instead of lamenting, I have recorded my own version, and I wanted to share it with you.
    I am asking for an answer, because my ears are bleeding :D
    Piotr

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)