Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Microsoft thank you for such a wonderful app but skype sometimes lags besides that skype is the best

U can add a feature where I can directly start whiteboard or office like on teams

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Picture in Picture support for Skype on iPad

iPad supports Picture in Picture for apps. Please consider offering this feature from Skype as well to facilitate multitasking while using Skype.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. View only one side of a conversation, in a Skype recording.

As a music student, like many others, I am taking lessons by Skype, during the pandemic. I record my lessons, so that I can note comments and ideas from my teacher and listen to him playing parts of the piece I am learning, for review during the coming week. However, this is less useful than it could be, ie. because I can see both parties on the recording and the screen is split, I can't see how he is placing his fingers of either hand on the classical guitar, which is crucial to my learning. It would be hugely beneficial…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Check box to turn on/off auto joining calls with camera on and speaker unmuted

Zoom has this feature and many people find it very useful, including myself.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. What about livestreaming?

Why can't we use this for livestreaming?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Birthday video call

Hello , My name is Artur Baryla. Few days ago it was my wife Birthday so i had an idea to ask our family and friends to sign up for skype and join me and everyone in group to sign a happy birthday all at the same time on skype video call . It was great and everyone loved it - had my wife in tears . Now some of my friend are doin same thing for there birthday coming up and more are signing up for skype due to covid restriction . My idea is that maybe skype would…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Being able to personalize your voicemail greeting

Being able to personalize your voicemail greeting

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. show names under faces while recording

Please provide a way to put names under faces on recorded video calls

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Skype small video screen on top of apps

To create a Skype small video screen which stays on top of PC/Laptop apps, when browser or other programmes are open. Make this, so user could disable or enable this feature.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Device Switch during an ongoing Video Chat

Just like I do while on an active Video Chat on Facebook Messenger...

For instance; I answer the incoming Skype Video call over my Cell Phone Device, but I decide to want to free my call without losing the current Video Skype Chat, by jumping onto my Laptop/ Tablet or any other device of choice, and continue chat by switching to that other device automatically upon opening Skype Video conversation on that device and vice versa.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Calling and dialling sound

Please make a on off button for the calling and dialling sound. It's annoying.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Suggestion - Skype Number How to use multiple skype numbers by easy select the outbound Caller ID within the Skype dial pad

Hello Skype Folks,

as many of you all i am looking for ways how to make life easier and how to simply it where I can.

Work Life Balance is a saying which many of us hope for but our technology does not really embrace yet. I am a small business owner and my personal and business life is overlapping all the time which is normal for people that live such a life. So time is money and money is always short. I want to use simple and practical services such as Skype that has the potential to make life…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Please set it up so that calls can be recorded on Skype. Thanks!

Please set it up so that calls can be recorded on Skype. Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. User can optionally choose between his/her many Subscriptions

I have 2 subscriptions, and because of the current "limitless rule", one of them is almost never used even when the first is all consumed.
    I am suggesting to create an option to enable the user to choose the subscription he/she needs to use.
    Alternately cancel the current "limitless rule".
    Thanks, B.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Hi everebody!

When I have just a simple call Skype stays on the first layer, and I can see the person I'm calling to. But when I share my screen Skype window disappears. And even when I stop screen sharing Skype does not return back to the first layer. It bothers me so much! It's very inconvenient. I can't see my companion any more! And I have to re-call. Don't you think there should be a button which will allow you to show/hide the skype window whenever you want? There should be one! Please do it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Breakout session is required for hosting trainings on skype

During training, dividing participants into breakout sessions is helpful in making them do small group discussions and at the same time remain in main forum.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Unable to share screen with audio on skype android

In computer their is an option for share screen with computer audio... But in mobile their is only screen share option available.
    Unable to share mobile audio in android Skype

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Can we please allow

Can we please also another caller to ring me when im in a call or when im trying to call someone else - mine currently auto-decline new calls which can be super frustrating

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 93 94
  • Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base