Welcome to Skype Ideas!

UPDATEMicrosoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more.

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.
Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.

• If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!

The Skype Team
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Submit

Automatic answering and video is essential for elderly and impaired users to stay in touch during this pandemic and isolation. Why remove it in the latest version??? It should be improved and made more secure. Please ASAP.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Sharing two screen at a time will be helpful in team meeting

Sharing two screen at a time will be helpful in team meeting

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Prompt to notify to choose whether start recording or not

Prompt to notify to choose whether start recording or not

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Prompt to notify to choose whether start recording or not

Prompt to notify to choose whether start recording or not

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. share ipad screen while skyping on mac

A nice feature of Zoom is the ability to run the zoom meeting on my mac, and share my iPad screen during the zoom meeting either through a wifi connection or when the iPad is connected to the Mac. I would love to have this feature on Skype.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Chat view mode for sent videos

It would be a handy feature if sent videos didn't force the entire screen to be taken up when viewing them. It's difficult to listen to and view the background call when videos are played back. In addition to this, it would also be nice to include a mute function if not proper volume and playback controls for those videos, as it gets in the way of calls quite a lot of the time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. screen sharing no sound on my mac with OS Big Sur

Skype need to upgrade to be compatible with MAC OS Big Sur for scfreen sharing, currently sound is not shared when using another app with sound or playing any video while screen sharing

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Disable default message after a no-answer

An enable/disable feature for the suggested default message after a no-answer call. (Mobile use)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Automatically call answer with locked pc screen or the display turned off

For disabled people or just to let watch your room or what is looking your webcam (for example your pet). It's important that the function answer automatically incoming calls can work when windows is locked. Actually if the PC is locked or the display is turned off the function answer automatically incoming calls doesn't work anymore. Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. There should be some system tag where if another person is on call, should show as red

There should be some system tag where if another person is on call, should show as red so that we dont call them multiple times

It will help calling someone when the sign is green meaning , he is not on another call

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Calling features

Like Discord people should be able to lower or higher someones volume. You use to be able to end the ringing for different memebers of a group, the feature has been removed in the last few years. When you mute a group you shouldnt still be getting calls, that's the whole point of muting a group or person, to not receive notifications from them. On do not disturb I still get get calls popping up and so do other people I've asked. Given how big Skype is and how many people report the same issues or similar issues you would…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Improve the quality of audio calling

During an audio call, often a humming noise is heard. Please fix it

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Subtitle

The subtitle feature works great, but would it be possible to have a transcript of the subtitles saved somewhere and available at the end of the call? I would happily pay extra for such a feature

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. beauty filter

You need to add a beauty filter like Zoom has and ASAP!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. voice comments

I want 'voice comments' in skype, when you press e.g. Ctrl+Mute, all you say into the "muted" microphone is recorded into a separate track -- so anyone can leave comments they can listen to again later, but not disturbing the speaker's speech flow (a lecturer, maybe) during the process (of communication or lecture). Thanks.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. calling

when you're in a call and another person calling in the same time please add ❎ close window to that calling window otherwise it is a problem when you in a screen sharing that call hiding some of the screens but if you add close button easily we can close with one click

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Play a video with its original sounds during share screen

I would like my phone, which is android 6.0.1 for now, to be able to perform a share screen where I can play a video with its original sounds. Currently, it does not play it with its sound. Presenting a video is part of my teaching methods to my students. One more thing I wish is allowing me to mute or unmute myself during video screen sharing, like Zoom on a computer. I use Skype weekly.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Please add audio sharing of the video while Screensharing that video on Android

Please add audio sharing of the video while Screensharing that video on Android

While Sharing a movie on Android the other person can not Listen to the audio of the video being shared!!!! Please do something it would make it fantastic feature

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. why did you get rid of calls recording? could you please bring it back

why did you get rid of calls recording? could you please bring it back

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 103 104
  • Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base