Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Include computer audio files (speech and/or music) into Skype video call

Ability to incorporate audio files, MP4, etc, to illustrate points in conversation - external sound sources through other speakers and picked up by computer microphone results in very low (muted) sound by receiver

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I like the new subtitles feature. It potentially provides the notes from an online meeting. How to save these to a file?

Subtitles:

I like the new subtitles feature. It potentially provides the notes from an online meeting. How to save these to a file? I'm hearing loss. I use Skype for online school course. It would be very useful to me to be able to save the conversation received ..... which would be the school lesson

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Skype audio call should not be allowed to be recorded without the authors consent.

Skype audio call should not be allowed to be recorded without the authors consent.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Auto-answer calls in full screen

Auto-answer is presently a feature, but Skype video is in a smaller window/box. To expand to full screen, person must manually select full screen. Auto-answer should have a sub-feature (switch) to enable full screen mode or standard window option.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add the mute all button back in group chats

Add the mute all button in group chat

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Trash folder for deleted recordings or text

Have an option to recover deleted recording or text

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. We should have an option to stream games that we're playing

Allow users to stream video games by having some kind of connection with Steam or any application that we're using. Discord has this feature but it's poorly implemented and only works for Windows 10 and up. If you can make this accessible to any version of Windows, it will make a lot of people very happy, especially in a time like this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Help Need a way to Pin the teacher/speaker/person talking's video!

My kids are taking a ballet class on Skype with 25 other kids while we are forced to stay home for COVID-19. Even with the other mics muted, and in speaker view, the teacher's video is often not what is shown. It is infuriating you can't right click on the teacher's name and Pin them so they are always the one you see. Through work I can use this feature on Teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Ability to locally mute a participant during group video calls

There should be an option where I can mute a person during a group video call in such a way that I am the only one who cannot listen to them while rest of the participants can.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Ability to share system audio when sharing screens on Ubuntu/Mac

I can share system audio when sharing screens on Windows, but the same functionality is not available on Ubuntu, Mac or iOS. Such functionality should be available across platforms.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Expelling people from video calls only by administrator

It is very annoying when during a video call people keep expelling other people from it. As a teacher who uses Skype for her lessons, I would like to see that option removed and only available for the administrator.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. possibility to remove the incrustation of the front camera . only the correspondant on the screen

possibility to remove the incrustation of the front camera . only the correspondant on the screen

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Host feature

Host needed in group calls as an admin. Host screen only can be seen if needed. Other screens are not allowed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. option pour indiquer sur quelle vidéo je veux rester figée

Pour les sourds, il y a besoin de permettre au sourd de focaliser sur une seule vidéo qui serait celle de l'interprète en Langue des signes et non le dernier qui parle.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. to share audio call, documents et written messages in the same time

It would be great if it was possible to have access at the conversation (written chatting) when we are in audio call or when we share a doc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. need to give control to a single person in group call ,so that other can not mute or remove from chat or call

need to give control to a single person in group call ,so that other can not mute or remove from chat or call

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. please solve the screen recording issue under mac os mojave

please solve the screen recording issue under mac os mojave

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Jamming Mode.

Provding an option on the settings to switch to Jamming mode.
    - for Participants upto 10.
    - flexibility to prioritize either background sound or voice( for whether the person is playing and instrument or singing )

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Feature to replicate real live communication model

I've an idea to solve the problem of multiple attendees.
    The call should have a different model/swith it's for "hosted", (school, seminary), or "on pear" (fun, collaboration).
    My concept it's based on a study of the model of the real live communication.
    We need to replicate it in web conferencing, otherwise after a while it's always headache.
    Despite the constant improvements, none solved the problem.
    I think everybody think so.
    It's necessary the use of voice recognition and some automation in the call based on it.
    As a project manager I thought to develop by myself or to study some…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Group call list

There should be a way out to find out (after a group audio/ video call) who all actually joined the call ( having join and drop time would be even better). This can be seen during the call, but seems no way one can do this after the call. This des exits in Skype for business.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 49 50
  • Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base