Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add a Push to Talk

Hi, I suggest that Skype adds a button for muting the microphone rather than having to go back onto Skype and clicking "Unmute". Push to Talk is a good name.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Controllable Volume and Choosable sound from a file on my computer for Notification of New SMS Messages received

I have a hard time knowing when I receive a SMS message from a contact. It would be great if I could choose from a file on my computer, a sound byte to notify me of a new message, and have the ability to control sound volume. Also, the ability to actuate a Popup Notice would also be good as part of this Control Feature for Notification of Messages.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Inablility to change skype name makes it impossible to become anonymous.

Even when an alias email is created the skype name remains the same and you are therefore unable to go anonymous if the skype name generated for you is your real name, wich is the case for many ppl." first.last@email.com" might give you "live:first.last" as a skype name for example. I want to be able to change my skype name or hide it on my alias email.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Profile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. SHOW THAT YOU OR BUSY OR IN A CALL OR YOU DONT WANT TO BE DISCRUB OR YOU WANT PRIVACY

SHOW THAT YOU OR BUSY OR YOU IN A CALL OR YOU DONT WANT TO BE DISCRUB OR YOU WANT PRIVACY

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Totally useless service from Microsoft Skype that all should be aware of and Microsoft should address as a matter of some urgency as this sh

Totally useless service from Microsoft Skype that all should be aware of and Microsoft should address as a matter of some urgency as this shows they have no concern for customers and not capable of providing a decent service.

My Skype number +33 (0)977215991 was due for payment last week in 14th but was refused by my bank as card had expired. I received notification on 14, 15, 16 but first two went into Spam. On 17th I tried to change payment details but when I went into account to change payment method the number is no longer showing. I…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Recover the lost private message

I have recently lost the private Convo with a contact. I have not deleted the private Convo but they are automatically lost.. It is very unexpected from Skype..

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. New TranslatorI am having problems with the new translator. When initially announced, it was suggested by Community that enabling it immedia

I am having problems with the new translator. When initially announced, it was suggested by Community that enabling it immediately would ensure that translations would continue automatically. They did not.
    Eventually after a break the new translator began to operate but it is unreliable and often simply stops in mid conversation and we can find no way of re-establishing it, although occasionally it will work at a later conversation although intermittently and sometime for only one half of the conversation. In short it is not fit for purpose.
    I have contacted Community in the hope of finding a solution and…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Select Option / Facility to select which subscription to make use of

Skype by default selects the last subscription to make use of. I have 3 subscriptions that I use at anytime and can't use the one I would like at times..

This means that I might be charged world call rates for calls I would like to make back home.

Please kindly vote this feature in so the relevant subscription can be utilized.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Paid products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Chat History

May Skype please make chat history available, beginning with the year of 2013 to 2019.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add Flame Emoji to Message Reacts

Add the Flame Emoji to Message Reacts

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. teamviewer like remote pc control

It would be nice to allow the control of pc or mac by the remote party by sending a code . Similarly like teamviewer is doing , and that they pretend to charge for.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Paid products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Status

I try to keep my status on invisible, but Skype resets me all the time to "available" That sort of defeats the purpose of asking if I want to remain invisible.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Disable

Disable call button and block all calls features

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. chat in mini view

hi
    in groove music in have a feature mini view
    i want like this in my chat
    my chat show on top and small
    i can always chat

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add a way to go to messages from Gallery to see the conversation happened around the shared item

Suppose I'm viewing gallery in any skype chat and now if I want to see the conversation happened around that particular media file or whatever I had shared, I just can't. I manually have to scroll the messages one by one until I find it.

For reference you should try Telegram. When you;re viewing any images in it and when you right click on it, it gives you choice to go to that messages. So you can see the conversation happened around that media file. I hope this makes sense to you and you guys will work on the resolution.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. skype should allow us to delete the search history

skype should allow us to delete the search history

skype should also provide filter country wise city wise so that it becomes easy to fnd the contact person

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. See rescinded invitations

There are lots of spammers out there. I get 4 to 5 unsolicited chats per day. The spammers have become smarter and withdraw their invitations quickly if you do not respond immediately. It would be an effective anti-spam tool to be able to see who has invited you to chat and to be able to flag that invitation as legitimate or as spam. We have a list of blocked contacts. The withdrawn invitations could be listed there, too.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 225 226
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base