Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Let me see more than 4 People in squares

Hi,
    I woud like to give a advice to Skype alow more than 4 squares in video calls, it´s horrible to see people in a circle, i think this change could help Skype grow in this times, make this change as soon as possible.
    Hope to help

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Prayer Status

Please add a Namaz or Offering Prayer Status, A Status which show my activity for Prayer Time,

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Profile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Chat History

May Skype please make chat history available, beginning with the year of 2013 to 2019.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. We NEED notifications sounds and we NEED to be able to adjust the sound to our own needs on ALL of our devices and computers.

This is MOST IMPORTANT in Skype. When I'm busy I don't notice the little red dot when I receive a message and when I'm away from any device, I cannot hear the notification. That means I miss messages that need replies right away. I have already begun the search for a new messaging system to replace Skype if this isn't fixed/changed.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Upgrade meeting room or give power to hosts

I suggest as skype user to upgrade meeting rooms like only host must able to remove or end call of participants,participants mustn’t or while any participants is doing name must be mentioned who end the call Of other participant or host...

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow for “ringtone” change

Please allow us to change our Skype “ringtone” to something of our choosing. Let us make changes to what ringtone we want our contacts to have. I have missed numerous calls because I didn’t identify the sound. It isn’t distinct. It does not matter how loud my volume is; I can’t hear the Skype call. I like using classic ringtones and music as ringtones because it’s attention-grabbing and I can assign a specific ringtone to each of my contacts so i am able to identify who is calling without having to look at he phone screen.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Idea about the removal of a person in a call

Show the person that removed you from the video chat

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow PC Users to add custom sound effects

Hi, I doubt anyone from Skype will see this, but I think it would be so cool if you could add custom sound effects (like custom notification sounds) to skype. I think this would be a huge help for peoples needs, and would also make those who miss the sounds from Classic Skype happy. Thanks!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. add volume control, clearer audio, more share screen options

Like discord, theres volume control for individual people in a chat or a group, so one friend can be put at 100%, someone else at 200% or someone at 50% etc. and discord tends to have clearer sounding audio, skype tends to sound more muffled. as for screen share, discord lets you select which application specifically that you want to share, and if u want to share the audio.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. How about a feature that allows us to change the background like Zoom can :-)

How about a feature that allows us to change the background like Zoom can. Presently there is no feature to do this on the latest version of Skype which is a real bummer.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Block group

It should be possible to block group. So that that group can not constantly keep adding you in.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Have skype classic back for web!

I'd love to have the old Skype Classic back from 2016. It's look nice even on the web as 2020 Skype isn't my favourite! 2016 Skype is my fave

Vote if you'd love to have 2016 back in action

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Please, help me

Good afternoon. My groupmates constantly turn off my microphone or remove me from the video call, can you restrict access to them feature? I

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Why not have a writing feature and drawing feature in skype

A writing and drawing feature to add more fun!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Recognising the Remover and mMter

The feature of recognition of the ones who mute or remove other participants from the call so that proper action could be taken against then by the head.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Save our eardrums, make the ringtone quiter, atleast for the person calling

It is somewhat more understandable that it is loud for the person receiving the phone call but it does not have to be eardrum shattering loud for the person waiting for the other person to pick up.

Maybe have some nice deep sound like discord, the current one is obnoxious and it hurts.

Well done on the rest of skype, I hope you will take this in to consideration

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Flip/Mirror the Camera

Like in older versions, give an option to flip the screen Horizontally and Vertically. Though you could chalk up this issue to what webcam your using, I am unable to change my webcam setting and therefore am unable to use video call without everything being reversed. Be a lot easier if I could just click off a box and flip how I need to.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Skype Live id change

There is no one option to change Skype live Id.

Request Skype team Please update.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. The ability to see all partners at once

Please invent the setting which helps change the number of videos on my screen! If I have a chat with 10 people, I can see only 4 of them while the others are just little circles on top of the screen. I need to move them all the time to see everybody.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base