Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to share system audio when sharing screens on Ubuntu/Mac

I can share system audio when sharing screens on Windows, but the same functionality is not available on Ubuntu, Mac or iOS. Such functionality should be available across platforms.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Incorporate Microsoft Whiteboard with Skype

This is similar to an existing feedback idea. Skype needs a whiteboard module. Microsoft Whiteboard is already one of the best whiteboards around, and it allows for whiteboard collaboration (but not any voice communication). So it would be a natural addition to Skype

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Petition To Bring Back Classic Skype

An online petition has been created to bring back classic skype. This petition lists nearly all problems with new skype and why classic skype needs to return.

Sign the petition here:
    https://www.change.org/BringBackClassicSkype

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Unlink Skype Account from Microsoft account and Skype ID change

There should an option to change your Skype ID or at least unlink your Skype account from your Microsoft account. I linked my friends Skype account to my Microsoft account by mistake and now there's no way I can unlink those 2 accounts or even atleast change the Skype ID. Its super annoying as its happened to some of the people I know as well who are equally irritated, I really hope there's a solution to this mess real soon

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. pls add a feature to know who has removed or muted us in the group conferencing call. It wiil be very usefull to find the culprit

I was in a group chat with my teacher. someone was continuously removing us from the chat.that's why i missed some important points and many important lectures.Please either remove this feature or add the name of the remover. This will help us to find the culprite.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make it so we can see more than 4 people at a time in a call.

Want to be able to be like zoom when it comes to seeing multiple people.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. All participants should be visible in a grid on group video calls.

I would love to be able to see everyone at one time on group video calls. Especially because my groups like to practice choreography together. Zoom seems to have that feature and I have tried everything to make everyone visable. If you already that feature, it is the best kept secret on skype.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Skype Classic back. Please, Please

Please have the old Skype Classic back. The new one is too hard to use. I miss the old Gui, and the sounds.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Skype Group Call

Hello, it will be good do be able ONLY call beginner (host) to mute someone else or remove from call or grant someone else this permission. Also it will be good ONLY group creator to be able to make group call or grant someone else this permission. Also when group is calling, on the mobile devices is not shown the person from the group, who is making the call.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Can’t touch this! Detecting unconscious face touches on Skype during the coronavirus pandemia.

Hi. A large part of the world will be moving to remote work in the following months. Working via Skype makes us safe, but it could make us even safer with a simple feature. We all know that face touching can spread viruses, and we touch our faces during long conference calls all the time. What If Skype would detect the moments of unconscious touches and give us a small notice to stop. This would greatly improve our bad habits and keep us all safer during the coronavirus outbreak.

We made a short video about this feature. Be safe.
    https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=285086952456670

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Unlink skype/microsoft account

Dear Microsoft, Are you really that stupid that you have to force people to link their skype to their Microsoft accounts. Things were fine before you did that!. Please allow us to unlink the accounts. You're ruining peoples lives. A lot of people are very upset with you about this issue and it needs to be taken care of as a priority. No more stupid updates you broke what wasn't broken and that was the unlink feature. Taking it away was a dumb move on your part. Bring it back or we will revolt against Microsoft or you'll lose millions…

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Skype for Teaching -- whiteboard, etc...

Give an additional module to the basic Skype , and call it 'skype for teaching' with whiteboard function and other functions that may be useful for people using Skype for teaching , but NOT using the business version as that is not specific enough in scope / purpose to be used for Teaching / Tuition over skype.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Changing the skype name

Instead of alphanumerical, let’s be able to change our skype name to what we want

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Profile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Change Skype Name

I need to change my skype name. I cant use my skype associated with my gmail because the skype name is Katrinahorny and that's just embarrassing. I use my microsoft account associated with my gmail for xbox live and other microsoft stuff but I use skype associated with my yahoo email. The problem is on my computer if I sign into xbox live or microsoft store with my gmail it signs that account into the skype. It would be much better if I could just change the stinken skype name associated with my gmail.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Profile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Please, return the old versions of skype.

I understand that this is already written, BUT I CAN no longer SIT on SKYPE 8! EITHER you RETURN US the OLD VERSIONS of SKYPE, OR we LEAVE the PROJECT! SO PLEASE HEAR US. I CAN'T SIT ON THIS PATHETIC LIKENESS FOR A NORMAL, OLD SKYPE. RETURN US THE NORMAL VERSIONS OF SKYPE 7,6,5,4,3,2,1!

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Preventing removing from the conversation

When learning via the internet, the group chat administrator function is urgently needed so that no one can remove anyone from the conversation. Alternatively, a second function that shows who removed you from the conversation. To prevent fooling around. This function is urgently needed.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Bitmojis

Bitmojis...no idea why skype isn’t allowing users to send bitmojis to others. They have a billion ugly emoji choices but can’t even let bitmojis. They provide such a great service and should be allowed. It’s 2020 and I think it’s about time skype got on board with bitmojis. Thanks. Plz vote so we can get this going. #Bitmojis2020

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base