Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Delete skype history!!!

Delete the history already! One CLICK! Come on!

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Status

I try to keep my status on invisible, but Skype resets me all the time to "available" That sort of defeats the purpose of asking if I want to remain invisible.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Status switching itself from "Invisible" to "Active"

Whenever I set my status "Invisible", It occasionally changes to "Active" online status itself. Even I am logged in and while using Skype, status changes to visible. It is really annoying. I want Skype to keep my status preferences and Save it. It is kind of Bug. Please consider this feedback and improve Status Settings!

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Change Skype Name

I created my Skype name long ago which includes my full name. As such, I do not provide my Skype name when people ask to add me on Skype. Instead I am forced to give out my email address (which I was just informed by a chat support agent is also considered personal information... tho i personally find my full name to be a bit more personal). I was informed there hasn’t been a way to change this since 2016. I find this to be a bit concerning and quite a security/privacy risk/issue.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Automatically delete chat history

Automatically delete chat history;you can set any length of time

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. hide last time online

Ability to hide your last time online.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Delete Multiple Call History At Once

There should be an option to delete all or selected call history

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. The ability to delete phone call or chat history

With emails I am able to delete any or all conversations I have had. I would like to see an option that would allow erasure of any or all phone call history and/or chats

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. SHOW THAT YOU OR BUSY OR IN A CALL OR YOU DONT WANT TO BE DISCRUB OR YOU WANT PRIVACY

SHOW THAT YOU OR BUSY OR YOU IN A CALL OR YOU DONT WANT TO BE DISCRUB OR YOU WANT PRIVACY

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. how do i delete multiple old chat messages on skype 8.53.0.85?

how do i delete multiple old chat messages on skype 8.53.0.85??? I have old messages from 5 years ago displayed on my skype!! Why?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Make it possible to unlink legacy Skype accounts from Microsoft accounts.

At the moment accidents where 2 people "share" the same account are "impossible" to fix. As a result, one can read another's conversations and never open Skype account with their own correct Microsoft email.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. NO Unlink button - Security breach!!

Hello there,

There seem to be already few suggestions made on this, but pleease read this until the end and PLEASE create an "unlink" button!! How can Microsoft have no unlink button for the accounts?

I've recently have had issues that made me change the passwords for my Hotmail and skype or other Microsoft accounts, which were having different recovery email addresses. I have changed my password 5 times in 3 days, because it would let me sign in.

I have spoken to an agent from the technical support and have told me that there is an automatic link/merge of…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. STOP SPAM CALLS

There is not enough security on the Skype account. Many spam calls have been coming on my Skype. They do not even show up in the caller history. in fact, there is no caller history at all. The caller was also very inappropriate and could not be blocked as the number was not showing up. In fact, I also temporarily deleted the account as the calls were continuous at random times. What can I do to avoid this?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. When I delete a contact, REALLY delete them from everywhere

When we delete a contact, it must be deleted from 10 locations. Can't you just remove them permanently from everywhere? Privacy > View list, Right click and delete... Search history, Recommendation... The deleted contacts appear everywhere. EVEN IN CHAT EXPORT. I want some privacy here. I want to delete them from EVERYWHERE. Thank you!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Keep Status of Skype intact

Please update Skype to keep my status as "Away", like I used to be able to do in older versions of skype (v 7.4).

I want to keep myself "Away" permanently if I wish, the way the old skype worked, where you could set it once and it remained that way until you changed it to another status regardless if you signed out or not.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. New privicy setting

Allow users to automatically block unknown calls and messages. Set up a feature where only only contacts who are on the user's contact list are allowed to call them.

Plus at a quick report button for unwanted spam messages and scam calls

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. ALLOW A FEATURE THAT WOULD ONLY ALLOW CALLS AND MESSAGES FROM PEOPLE IN YOUR CONTACT LIST

Have A feature that only allows calls and messages from people in your contact list.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. KEEP my status the SAME way I set it last time I opened the application

I set my status to "Invisible". Next time I open it, it is "Available". EVERY time. In the 15 years I have used Skype (since about 2003), YOU haven't done this, except for a span of time where you kept changing my status without my choice or permission. Then you left it alone, and now you are changing it again. No matter how I set it, you reset it. Repeatedly.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base