Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Know which person in the video call removed you

That's quite annoying when someone anonymously repeatedly removes you from an important video call.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow to remove permanently all new or old messages

Allow to remove permanently all new or old messages from both parties or contact to grow privacy and decrease harassing for chat history.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Link correct Skype account with Microsoft account

Allow linking original Skype (pre-Microsoft) with Microsoft account. I have a duplicate Skype account that I do not use linked to my MS account. I would very much like to link my correct Skype to my correct MS account. Add Skype account and replace. Doesn't have to delete, but should unlink.

Also be able to change pre-MS Skype Name.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Delete skype history!!!

Delete the history already! One CLICK! Come on!

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Lock pattern to open app

There should be a lock pattern or code option for accessing the app.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. My status changes itself!

I put the status "invisible." But during a day it spontaneously and stubbornly changes to "online" itself , despite the fact that I do not exit Skype or exit - it does not matter .. almost every time I open a page on a windows 10 laptop or android phone, I have to change it to Invisibility from online though I didn't change it myself before. How is this possible? I have a feeling of the presence of another person who, without me knowing, who changes my settings. I'm right? How to avoid this problem or mistake? how to strengthen…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Why do you make sure we update?

Why do you make sure we update? Why not just bring back support for older versions of Skype? Is it so difficult for you? Do you like it when people leave the project? You would return support for older versions of Skype, there would be no such noise. And you would think about the elderly people, how they were not comfortable in "Skype 8"!!! You would think of older people first than killing a normal Skype!!! Now, when I download classic Skype, I always see a survey in it: either update, or go fuck yourself. So that... I advise you…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Block group

It should be possible to block group. So that that group can not constantly keep adding you in.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Meet Now Meeting Password

Why can't I set a meeting password in Meet Now? if URL generated by Meet Now is leaked to a third party, they can access the chat and shared files with guest privileges. I understand the benefits of easy access, but I want to protect my privacy.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Status

I try to keep my status on invisible, but Skype resets me all the time to "available" That sort of defeats the purpose of asking if I want to remain invisible.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Please create an option for deleting the search history in skype for names searched to not pop-up for privacy issues, thank you.

This option will let our private searched or contacted person be hidden and not to be found out just by looking into the search results even after the chat and call history is deleted.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Prevent skype recordings or ask permission from host to record calls

Prevent skype recordings or ask permission from host to record calls

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. We are facing issues while we are doing the classes that some other participant remove us,so please insert an option that only the admin ca

We are facing issues while we are doing the classes that some other participant remove us,so please insert an option that only the admin can remove the students. Thank you

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. add screen rotation , join meeting password, only host can remove perticipatents while meeting start. only host can join another in group

join meeting password, only host can remove perticipatents while meeting is running. only host can join another in group

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Status switching itself from "Invisible" to "Active"

Whenever I set my status "Invisible", It occasionally changes to "Active" online status itself. Even I am logged in and while using Skype, status changes to visible. It is really annoying. I want Skype to keep my status preferences and Save it. It is kind of Bug. Please consider this feedback and improve Status Settings!

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Unlinking Skype

Why isn't there a way to unlink my Skype account from the Microsoft account already? This entire feature is extremely anti-user friendly since plenty of people want to either delete Skype or put Skype on a totally different Microsoft account. Whether it's because we just have zero need to use Skype, or we may feel as if a brand new account can become a vulnerability, we should always have the ability to unlink and delete our Skype accounts without deleting our Microsoft account.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Status changing by itself often

Hello,
    I have updated to your new update the other day and the issue I have reported many times is still happening. Under no circumstances should the status change from “Invisible” to “Online” without the account holder doing it themselves. Please fix this bug so the status won’t change for any reason. Thanks

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Make chat history deleted from both sides of blocked contacts

When blocking a contact, delete them from your search history along with the chat history from both sides

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16
  • Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base