Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Delete skype history!!!

Delete the history already! One CLICK! Come on!

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Link correct Skype account with Microsoft account

Allow linking original Skype (pre-Microsoft) with Microsoft account. I have a duplicate Skype account that I do not use linked to my MS account. I would very much like to link my correct Skype to my correct MS account. Add Skype account and replace. Doesn't have to delete, but should unlink.

Also be able to change pre-MS Skype Name.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Status

I try to keep my status on invisible, but Skype resets me all the time to "available" That sort of defeats the purpose of asking if I want to remain invisible.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Status switching itself from "Invisible" to "Active"

Whenever I set my status "Invisible", It occasionally changes to "Active" online status itself. Even I am logged in and while using Skype, status changes to visible. It is really annoying. I want Skype to keep my status preferences and Save it. It is kind of Bug. Please consider this feedback and improve Status Settings!

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Ruolo amministratore per chat di gruppo - Managing role for group chat

Sarebbe interessante poter scegliere se la chat di gruppo abbia un'amministratore (che sia l'unico che possa avviare la chiamata e che una volta che decida di chiuderla per tutti, nessun altro possa rientrarci) - It would be interesting to be able to choose if the group chat has an administrator (who is the only one who can start the call and that once he decides to close it for all, no one else can return it)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Automatically delete chat history

Automatically delete chat history;you can set any length of time

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Delete Multiple Call History At Once

There should be an option to delete all or selected call history

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add fingerprint

Add fingerprint/pin to open the app

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. This is about privacy

I would like the function with privacy that can block the other party being able to start a recording at all. I know we can see if its being recorded but i would like the option of being able to block it in the first place. Many of us need skype more than ever and privacy is paramount. IF this can happen ASAP please

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Status changing by itself often

Hello,
    I have updated to your new update the other day and the issue I have reported many times is still happening. Under no circumstances should the status change from “Invisible” to “Online” without the account holder doing it themselves. Please fix this bug so the status won’t change for any reason. Thanks

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. The ability to delete phone call or chat history

With emails I am able to delete any or all conversations I have had. I would like to see an option that would allow erasure of any or all phone call history and/or chats

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Make chat history deleted from both sides of blocked contacts

When blocking a contact, delete them from your search history along with the chat history from both sides

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Change Skype Name

I created my Skype name long ago which includes my full name. As such, I do not provide my Skype name when people ask to add me on Skype. Instead I am forced to give out my email address (which I was just informed by a chat support agent is also considered personal information... tho i personally find my full name to be a bit more personal). I was informed there hasn’t been a way to change this since 2016. I find this to be a bit concerning and quite a security/privacy risk/issue.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. how do i delete multiple old chat messages on skype 8.53.0.85?

how do i delete multiple old chat messages on skype 8.53.0.85??? I have old messages from 5 years ago displayed on my skype!! Why?

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please create an option for deleting the search history in skype for names searched to not pop-up for privacy issues, thank you.

This option will let our private searched or contacted person be hidden and not to be found out just by looking into the search results even after the chat and call history is deleted.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Permanently removing all aspects of unwanted contacts

Despite blocking someone, or removing them from the view list, many would benefit from an optional feature allowing you to remove a contact from all areas of the platform. Currently when you completely remove someone they still appear when you click in the search bar under the people list. Being able to make it as if your account had never associated with another due to personal reasons would be greatly appreciated.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. hide last time online

Ability to hide your last time online.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. SHOW THAT YOU OR BUSY OR IN A CALL OR YOU DONT WANT TO BE DISCRUB OR YOU WANT PRIVACY

SHOW THAT YOU OR BUSY OR YOU IN A CALL OR YOU DONT WANT TO BE DISCRUB OR YOU WANT PRIVACY

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14
  • Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base