Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Office 365 'World' subscription

If you are going to offer a 'World' Skype subscription via Office 365 then do just that and not exclude certain countries. What a con!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Paid products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Skype Subscription plans

Many of us use skype to communicate with our families across the globe. Now, more than ever before, we need more support to communicate and connect to our loved ones. I specifically require unlimited minutes to speak to my mother in a foreign country.

I have seen a post requesting unlimited subscription minutes and this would be THE most compassionate position for skype to embody.

However if that is not guaranteed, perhaps we can get unlimited calls to 4-5 numbers globally so we can connect with our immediate loved ones and family members?

We need this soon please!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Paid products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Receive SMS / Text Messages to purchased Skype numbers unsolicited and from other non-Skype service users such as bank verification codes.

Dear Skype,

I’ve been a longtime paying Skype customer and have been waiting for 1 important feature - the ability to receive SMS messages from any phone, for example banks when they send verification codes. I can send SMS messages and the party can respond, but Skype does not allow receipt of SMS messages unsolicited. I’ve been waiting long for this feature. I know many others have as well. I must inform you that if Skype won’t implement this feature in the next 30 days, I’m taking my business and monthly and annual fees - over the years have been…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Unlimited Europe Price Change Very Discouraging

Recently Skype changed their Europe Unlimited Mobile and Landlines plan from £16.80 to nearly £30.

This is supremely unfriendly to people who have been paying £16.80 for years. I am currently using a number I had purchased off skype for my business and had the subscription so people could call the landline number and have it divert to a mobile phone. We would also return missed calls using skype. It was a great way to keep track of calls.

I am now stuck in a situation where if I would like to keep my business number I have been using…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add Greece to skype number available countries

Many providers in Greece are not welcomed because of the high costs for plans and data. A skype number will save much to many people and I think it should be top priority.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. SMS costs extra?

When users sign up for a phone number and pay for the quarterly/monthly/annual service ... they are told they can send SMS as well ... but never are they told at signup that SMS is not included with the phone service and costs additional and extremely expensive Skype Credits for texting .. I had to call support and undo all of the work I did setting this up and get a refund ... This was disappointing and I believe intentionally misleading ... these costs should be made known up front, not hidden ... this breeds bad brand loyalty

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Make Skype work with macOS Catalina

Make Skype work with macOS Catalina. Despite calling your support people, they have not resolved the issue for almost 5 months. And the $9.9 have paid you guys, which still reflects unused in my account, buys me 10 meals in your CEO's country, which also happens to be my country. Sincerely hope MS will resolve this, or I should just move off Skype to Zoom and other products, and let my $9.9 be my contribution towards your Skype bankruptcy fund. Remember Enron, to big to fail?? MS is no exception.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Phone Number Checker (Landline, Mobile, VOIP) in / out of active subscription

Please consider creating a function/facility/extension that when given a phone number, checks to see if the number is a Landline, Mobile, VOIP or other,.
    Also, that checks to see if the number is covered under an active subscription for the current Skype account.

Thank you,

L-Parliament

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Paid products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Hi Skype, I have the World 60 mins mobiles and landlines - monthly subscription with Office 365. But i can not make a call to Nepal and UK.

Hi Skype- is it a scam? I brought a product which says that i can make a world mobile and landlines call. Now i can not do in the locations i want. please Look into this issue.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Feature reactivation for smartvs

I think skype made a huge mistake when it disabled apps for smartvs. In this critical period, in particular, I am unable to speak easily to relatives who live far away. If skype returned this service, it would serve as a great link for many families.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Bring back custom voicemail at least for people who are PAYING for a Skype phone number. Skype's canned message is unprofessional.

If I am paying for a Skype number, I should be able to customize my voicemail message. The technology exists as I had a custom message when I first purchased my number. The canned message is terrible and diminishes my professionalism.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Very little subscription options for international call

very little subscription options for international call.. and once subscription ran over it started charging with higher rate and extra for every connection .. so end up paying almost 2 cents for every call after 800 subscription ran over..

It will be better if you can have more flexibility for creating subscription based on individual usage.. of allow adhoc top up in middle of month

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. add an upgrade link to change web skype to Skype for Business

add an upgrade link to change web skype to Skype for Business

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add Ukraine mobile calls to Office 365 subscription

It's very misleading to say that Office 365 subscription includes "60 mins of world calls" and then have a limited set of countries as "the World".

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Sir. Put one more Payment option. Google play store

I want get Skype credit through the Google play store

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. How about a human being available to help

customer service in a human form?????

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Skype phone numbers should be clearly communicated as "Non-refundable", "Non-verifiable", and "Non-2FA compatible"

It is a really terrible business practice to not clearly communicate in the checkout process that some key details someone might expect from a regular phone number are not available through a skype number. They cannot be verified and thus, cannot be used for 2-factor authentication. However, I believe any consumer would assume this is possible when they see that they can send and receive sms, as consumers, including me, don't know that there are numbers that can send and receive sms, but somehow not work for 2FA. You should also clearly state in the checkout process that skype numbers…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Skype meeting entertainment

I run a nationwide company that provides entertainment for events: caricature artists, magicians, etc'. In the wake of the COVID crisis some of our clients have held Skype meetings and asked us to provide remote entertainment via Skype. I'm wondering who I might speak to at Skype about offering this kind of service THROUGH Skype. There is high demand for this right now, if we can put our options in front of clients hosting Zoom events, but there won't be high demand for it once the crisis passes, so time is of the essence. Let me know, please.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Local Greek Number [landline/mobile]

It would be great if Skype offered local Greek phone numbers (which it currently doesn't). If it was possible to have both landline numbers and mobile phone numbers, that would indeed be amazing. Cheers!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13
  • Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base