Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. add a whiteboard

so when we have a session with kids or a meeting with officer's we can use a whiteboard to draw or explain the concept

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

12 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Enable group video chats on Echo Show (Alexa)

What I want to get working-

2 or more smartphones with the latest skype app to connect to 1 Echo show with it's own account

Currently only peer-to-peer is supported (Only one person can skype to an Echo show at a time).

74 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Fix Skype to support Clownfish app again

hello we expect innovation in the new releases for the operation of the application named clownfish
    (the program does not work in new versions)
    Link of the application: https://clownfish-translator.com

162 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

98 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. tel protocol

Please fix the latest Skype to be a protocol handler for the TEL protocol in Windows 10. This capability is critical for click-to-call in Web sites and it worked in earlier versions. The bug is being discussed here:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/skype/forum/all/skype-is-not-listed-as-an-option-in-tel-protocol/77a7493f-36dc-4203-a1d7-f0949b6c93fc?rtAction=1595427480198&tm=1595427490478

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Display video of more than 4 users in grid view

Please allow more than 4 callers to display simultaneously in grid view when in a group video call. Just have it resize the windows smaller as more than 4 people join the call so that everyone can see everyone else all the time.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Calls Administrator

I'd like to be able to control members’ videocalls as administrator, in order to avoid they can exclude or mute each other from conversation.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. See who's ending call for everyone.

I would be very happy to see the person ending the call rapidly (without reason).It disturbs too much when in a group call.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. removing from call

I think you should add a option to see which participant is muting or removing others or restrict removing and muting options only to admins

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. filters,stickers and backround

i think skype should add a feature where you can add filters and stickers to yourself while on a call i also think you should be able to have greenscreen backrounds on call

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Skype meeting Admin Control

For the Skype meeting module, host should be able to control the meeting. currently, any participant is able to remove other participants.
    Introduction of new features (admin controls) would help skype to compete with other players in the marker like zoom.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Removing A Person From A Video/Audio Call

Please add a feature to see the person's Name/Contact who is removing others from a skype Video/Audio call.

I hope u add this feature soon as it gets very annoying

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Remove everything from Full Screen

8.62 now has that black bar at the bottom that won't fade away. Bring back the old days when everything would fade including my profile pic (unless I'm using my cam too) and just keep the skype watermark in the corner. Even the watermark had an option to be removed. I want a true full screen experience without all the clutter.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Request to extend the time frame for recordings

Hi Team,

I understand Skype currently provides option to download recordings for 30 days and older. However, it would be helpful if its possible to extend the time frame of the recordings to atleast 1 year so we can download some older recordings. I am actually in need of downloading the recordings of April 2020 from a specific group that I belong to.

Please let me know if Skype can consider this request as a one-off and help me to extend the time frame only for this group

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Bringing bthe feature of knowing that who is removing and muting our calls . Please

In this period of lockdown our online classes are going on while in between of the classes anyone is removing and muting us and we are unable to know that who is removing us . So please get this feature of knowing that who is removing and muting us in the group video call as soon as possible . Please please I request you from my very heart . Thank you

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Annoying "Give me a call when you're back" message

Please, provide a way to completely disable "Give me a call when you're back" message when someone doesn't answer my call? I don't want to send this message. I understand this suggestion when it appears within a popup when the call ended (failed), but when I close this popup I really don't want this draft message to be sent. Instead I see this text in the message input field. I think it's bad for UX. It's simply annoying.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Remove feature: "Remove from call" for everyone exept the host.

The availability of the option "remove from call" makes it such that immature persons are finding it fun to pres.

In these times where online meetings and tutoring are most needed this causes great disturbances. This type of control should only be available to the host. (same goes for muting a person)

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Option to change the ringtone to custom

You should be able to have your own custom ringtone on which you could download, and skype should have some of their own ringtones too

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Skype Ringtone

Be able to customise your ringtone to anything you want, and different audio for different contacts.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Sharing computer audio while screen sharing on a Mac!

Please make it so that I can share my computer's audio while screen sharing on a Mac. You can do it using PC's, so I don't understand why it isn't a feature on Mac's.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 79 80
  • Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base