Welcome to Skype Ideas!

UPDATEMicrosoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more.

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.
Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.

• If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!

The Skype Team
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. add a whiteboard

so when we have a session with kids or a meeting with officer's we can use a whiteboard to draw or explain the concept

57 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

13 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Mute all participants microphones at once

Please , if someone is the host in "Meet Now", it would be great to have the option to mute all participants at once until you want them to talk. It's annoying to give a speech or a class and to have particpants permanently turning on their microphones and interrupting.

64 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Fix Together Mode and Speaker View's weird bugs

Thanks for the together mode but it has this weird thing that on a moderated group any general member activating together mode activating it for the entire meeting. I have 20/30 people in the conference and using white board. Any single one opening together mode messing up everyone's view mode. But this feature should be like view only for the person activating it right? as in MS Teams? Also the Speaker View gets stuck most of the time to a person whether s/he is speaking or not, which is very crazy in a conference situation. I am in a situation…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Window share in Screen Share feature doesn't work the way it should.

Window share in Screen Share feature doesn't work properly. If shows some random gray boxes as well as with overlay windows as gray boxes too, although the window below is getting shared. This is weird that the same feature works perfectly on MSTeams but not on Skype. Please correct the layers. This is very important for my current presentation scenario.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Enable group video chats on Echo Show (Alexa)

What I want to get working-

2 or more smartphones with the latest skype app to connect to 1 Echo show with it's own account

Currently only peer-to-peer is supported (Only one person can skype to an Echo show at a time).

84 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Filters for video calling.

i want to be able to look good even at my worst moments so i would like Skype to add snapchat filters for video calling.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. please please PLEASE bring back the background it is not in the latest version and skype updates automatically so i cannot get it back :(

every one knows about the background issue... In the new update that feature was deleted and now we can "share articles" with fellow skype users. I feel that should be part of skype business and the background option should still be available. as you all know, skype usually updates automatically so i am not able to get this feature back. PLEASE BRING IT BACK WHEN A NEW UPDATE IS AVAILABLE!

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Please provide an option to change the ringtone

Provide the user with an option to choose between two to three ringtone.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. recording the phone call

*URGENTLY^^^^ A recording all the calls as an option... is needed for security and verification purposes as evidence physical..

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. be able to call kkimjongun

like when u are bored you cancel kimjongun

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. add custom ringtones

like it giving a different ring other than the default

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. to restore the virtual background like you did before

to restore the virtual background feature

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Fix Skype to support Clownfish app again

hello we expect innovation in the new releases for the operation of the application named clownfish
    (the program does not work in new versions)
    Link of the application: https://clownfish-translator.com

163 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

98 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Annoying "Give me a call when you're back" message

Please, provide a way to completely disable "Give me a call when you're back" message when someone doesn't answer my call? I don't want to send this message. I understand this suggestion when it appears within a popup when the call ended (failed), but when I close this popup I really don't want this draft message to be sent. Instead I see this text in the message input field. I think it's bad for UX. It's simply annoying.

56 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Apple watch

Add Skype on the Apple Watch as an app! Easier for phone calls when on the move. It’ll be a great feature as I normally do not carry my phone around the house and hate missing phone calls.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Change Volume of Ring Tone (and change the ring tone)

Feature to change volume of ring tone independent of speakers volume.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Block incoming phone calls during Skype call

On an Android 10 phone, incoming phone calls are given priority over a Skype call in progress. That means Skype gets muted until the incoming phone call is dealt with. This is super-disruptive. At present, the only way to deal with it is to put the phone in "do not disturb" mode before making a Skype call, but it would be great if the Skype app had a way of suppressing incoming calls.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 98 99
  • Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base