Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. need to give control to a single person in group call ,so that other can not mute or remove from chat or call

need to give control to a single person in group call ,so that other can not mute or remove from chat or call

117 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

18 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Fix Skype to support Clownfish app again

hello we expect innovation in the new releases for the operation of the application named clownfish
    (the program does not work in new versions)
    Link of the application: https://clownfish-translator.com

157 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

97 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Enable group video chats on Echo Show (Alexa)

What I want to get working-

2 or more smartphones with the latest skype app to connect to 1 Echo show with it's own account

Currently only peer-to-peer is supported (Only one person can skype to an Echo show at a time).

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Virtual background

Zoom communications has a feature that I thought It would be a good idea to add it on skype too. It's a feature called virtual room where you can select an image from your computer and it will replace your background in the camera with this image. But please if you add this technology, try to make this feature to work without any green screen or any other color for transparency

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Option to change ringtone

Option to change ringtone

123 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow more participants in a Video conference, due to current Corona virus Home-Office situation.

Due to the latest Corona-Virus measures, many have started working from home and are currently in need of video conferences that often exceed the amount of 50 participants (e.g. our university lectures). I highly suggest that you increase the aforementioned limitation for free and thus, help too as a company during this difficult times.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. we would like for you to allow only one admin to remove a member in the group chat

we would like for you to allow only one admin to remove a member in the group chat

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Capire quale utente disattiva altri utenti durante le videochiamate di gruppo

Aggiungere la possibilità di capire quale tra gli utenti disattiva audio o disconnette altri utentidurante una videochiamata di gruppo.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Prevent USER members of a group disconnecting or muting other users.

I have created a group of 24 students. Very carefully (and tediously I may add) I have set each member of the group to USER status and kept myself and one other as ADMIN. In a GROUP CALL this status seems to have no effect as USER members of the group can mute or disconnect others, including the ADMIN. Whilst this causes much amusement to students, it is disruptive. Please consider disabling mute and disconnection features for USER members of a group. Please also make it easier to edit privileges rather than using codes in a chat window.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Limit rights of group chat participants

When using group chat, now there is no way to limit the rights of participants in the conference, which poses certain difficulties. For example, each participant can turn off the microphone of one or more chat participants. You must enable the creator of the group chat to restrict the rights of participants.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Support external usb microphone iPad

No option to set up a USB microphone under Skype in iPad. Currently using blue yeti USB microphone which works on all other applications under the iPad through an adapter. Skype does not give an option to enable the external microphone for phone calls.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. BRING BACK RINGTONE OPTION. Its mind blowing that you took away such a basic option.

BRING BACK RINGTONE OPTION. Its mind blowing that you took away such a basic option.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. FOR SKYPE GROUPS LET ADMIN CONTROL WHO CAN BE REMOVED FROM THE GROUP

I TEACH ONLINE AND HAVE LOTS OF SCHOOL STUDENTS IN VARIOUS GROUPS OVER THE WEEK. BOYS PLAY THE FOOL SOMETIMES AND REMOVE THEIR CLASSMATES DURING THE COURSE OF THE CLASS, WHICH DISRUPTS THE CLASS NO END. They also mute my microphone at times. If I can have a feature which allows me control over my group, it will be fantastic. I have been covered on the skype blog too and have doubled my students since then.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow for “ringtone” change

Please allow us to change our Skype “ringtone” to something of our choosing. Let us make changes to what ringtone we want our contacts to have. I have missed numerous calls because I didn’t identify the sound. It isn’t distinct. It does not matter how loud my volume is; I can’t hear the Skype call. I like using classic ringtones and music as ringtones because it’s attention-grabbing and I can assign a specific ringtone to each of my contacts so i am able to identify who is calling without having to look at he phone screen.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Option to see all people of the conference

Would you please add the function to see all people in a video conference, not only 4 people and the other in small bubbles! Thank you!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Why dont you add call privelages. Like who gets to kick people or mute mics.Like a class and the teacher has all the power sort of

My idea is to add call privelages.Now with the outbreak of the virus everyone is skype and not only to have classes and what not. So why should anyone be able to kick someone out of the call whenever they want. For example: Lets say there is a class and they have a call. One of the participants is the teacher. He gets to have all the powers of the call so students dont mess around and kick each other.Why shouldnt the teacher have the only power is what Im suggesting.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Please allow personalised voicemail greetings.

Instead of the default Skype voicemail greeting, it would be much better if you could personalise the greeting before someone leaves a message.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Voicemail greeting records

Voicemail greeting records
    Please allow us to personalise our voicemail its nearly the year 2020 common Skype you serious??
    Here is my case # 1483721637

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Please Add Spotify or other music compatibility

I am currently considering skype as a way to host online DND sessions, however I cannot find a good way to share music with others on the call, which is essential for me.The only way i found was to share my screen and computer sound, but that would also reveal my notes since you cannot hide a shared screen(another issue).

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 52 53
  • Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base