Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fix Skype to support Clownfish app again

hello we expect innovation in the new releases for the operation of the application named clownfish
    (the program does not work in new versions)
    Link of the application: https://clownfish-translator.com

157 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

97 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Option to change ringtone

Option to change ringtone

111 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. FOR SKYPE GROUPS LET ADMIN CONTROL WHO CAN BE REMOVED FROM THE GROUP

I TEACH ONLINE AND HAVE LOTS OF SCHOOL STUDENTS IN VARIOUS GROUPS OVER THE WEEK. BOYS PLAY THE FOOL SOMETIMES AND REMOVE THEIR CLASSMATES DURING THE COURSE OF THE CLASS, WHICH DISRUPTS THE CLASS NO END. They also mute my microphone at times. If I can have a feature which allows me control over my group, it will be fantastic. I have been covered on the skype blog too and have doubled my students since then.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please allow personalised voicemail greetings.

Instead of the default Skype voicemail greeting, it would be much better if you could personalise the greeting before someone leaves a message.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Voicemail greeting records

Voicemail greeting records
    Please allow us to personalise our voicemail its nearly the year 2020 common Skype you serious??
    Here is my case # 1483721637

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow for “ringtone” change

Please allow us to change our Skype “ringtone” to something of our choosing. Let us make changes to what ringtone we want our contacts to have. I have missed numerous calls because I didn’t identify the sound. It isn’t distinct. It does not matter how loud my volume is; I can’t hear the Skype call. I like using classic ringtones and music as ringtones because it’s attention-grabbing and I can assign a specific ringtone to each of my contacts so i am able to identify who is calling without having to look at he phone screen.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Disable screen sharing

There shoud be a possibility to disable incoming screen sharing for parental control e.g. to prevent a child from viewing inappropriate content from the opposite computer during a call.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Changeable ringtones

I feel that people should be able to change their ringtones for certain contacts. For an example, if I have a friend on Skype, I could set them a custom ringtone so I know if its them calling.

Also, the ability to set default ringtones for all contacts.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Annoying "Give me a call when you're back" message

Please, provide a way to completely disable "Give me a call when you're back" message when someone doesn't answer my call? I don't want to send this message. I understand this suggestion when it appears within a popup when the call ended (failed), but when I close this popup I really don't want this draft message to be sent. Instead I see this text in the message input field. I think it's bad for UX. It's simply annoying.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Can we change our ring tone

I do like the default ring tone but I think it would help me and others if we could change our ring tone so we didn’t hang up to easily and we wouldn’t always be listening to the same thing

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Delete/clear calls

Delete/clear call history

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. share screen include sound?

The current share screen feature can't share sound

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Push to talk

Push to Talk. It is a thing. Literally every other VoIP app has this and Skype used to from what I gather.

126 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you all for your comments and votes around this topic! We definitely understand the need here, so I want to let you know that the Skype team is working on it. We will bring push-to-talk to Skype for Windows 10 first and later on to Skype for Windows desktop. I’ll post an update when it’s available :)

- Petr

14. Message sounds

Bring back all the different message sounds so we can choose again instead of having that awful sound that you cant hear on the desktop.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. During the screen sharing in full screen mode, it is impossible to keep seeing the Skype chat window

During the screen sharing in full screen mode, it is impossible to keep seeing the Skype chat window. This has existed in the previous versions of Skype, so that during a call when the screen sharing mode is turned on, both parties keep having access to a smaller but operative chat window (enabling turning on and off the sharing, seeing each other, as well as chatting). In the current and recent versions of Skype as soon as you turn the screen sharing mode together with full screen mode, the chat window immediately disappears.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Ability to personalize voicemail

How to customize voicemail as before?

188 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

79 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. SKYPE TO YOUTUBE

Bring Guest from Skype to livestream on YouTube

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. voicemail

How about letting people record/set their own custom voicemail greetings? For personal customers it would be fun...
    For business customers, it could be invaluable when they are busy

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add a Push to Talk

Hi, I suggest that Skype adds a button for muting the microphone rather than having to go back onto Skype and clicking "Unmute". Push to Talk is a good name.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 43 44
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base