Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fix Skype to support Clownfish app again

hello we expect innovation in the new releases for the operation of the application named clownfish
    (the program does not work in new versions)
    Link of the application: https://clownfish-translator.com

160 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

97 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Enable group video chats on Echo Show (Alexa)

What I want to get working-

2 or more smartphones with the latest skype app to connect to 1 Echo show with it's own account

Currently only peer-to-peer is supported (Only one person can skype to an Echo show at a time).

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Display video of more than 4 users in grid view

Please allow more than 4 callers to display simultaneously in grid view when in a group video call. Just have it resize the windows smaller as more than 4 people join the call so that everyone can see everyone else all the time.

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Calls Administrator

I'd like to be able to control members’ videocalls as administrator, in order to avoid they can exclude or mute each other from conversation.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. removing from call

I think you should add a option to see which participant is muting or removing others or restrict removing and muting options only to admins

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Group call on Echo Show

Enable Skype group call on Echo Show! This is extremely important in this period of global emergency and elderly people use Echo Show to communicate with their relatives.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. filters,stickers and backround

i think skype should add a feature where you can add filters and stickers to yourself while on a call i also think you should be able to have greenscreen backrounds on call

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Removing A Person From A Video/Audio Call

Please add a feature to see the person's Name/Contact who is removing others from a skype Video/Audio call.

I hope u add this feature soon as it gets very annoying

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Skype meeting Admin Control

For the Skype meeting module, host should be able to control the meeting. currently, any participant is able to remove other participants.
    Introduction of new features (admin controls) would help skype to compete with other players in the marker like zoom.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Bringing bthe feature of knowing that who is removing and muting our calls . Please

In this period of lockdown our online classes are going on while in between of the classes anyone is removing and muting us and we are unable to know that who is removing us . So please get this feature of knowing that who is removing and muting us in the group video call as soon as possible . Please please I request you from my very heart . Thank you

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Remove feature: "Remove from call" for everyone exept the host.

The availability of the option "remove from call" makes it such that immature persons are finding it fun to pres.

In these times where online meetings and tutoring are most needed this causes great disturbances. This type of control should only be available to the host. (same goes for muting a person)

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Only Host should have the power to remove any individual from the meeting.

We are facing a lot of difficulty while attending an important group call. This is bacause the power of removing anyone is in the hands of everyone which causes discomfort or the meeting becomes meaningless.
    I would request to please bring some changes , either put the Power of removing anyone in the hands of host or do display the name of the user who is removing the other candidates.
    I will be highly grateful for this awesome consideration.
    Thankyou

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Displaying name who removes or mutes participants

I always get muted or removed by another participant on group call so i would like u to display the name of the person who does these

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Disable possibility of any participant being able to remove another participant from an ongoing skype meeting

Disable possibility of any participant being able to remove another participant from an ongoing skype meeting

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. have a host feature in meeting so that no participant can remove the other other than the host

have a host feature in meeting so that no participant can remove the other other than the host

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. How can I stop other participant to remove me from the group call . The app should block this feature to mute or remove other participant.

The aap should block thjs featurs or give the name of the culprit who is removing continuously the other participant. And only the host of tghe group should have that authority. And I think the aap dont have any concern abkut their aap users

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Removal from audio or video call in a group by another participant

When a participant is removed by another participant from an ongoing audio or video call in a group, he/she should be informed by whom he/she is removed.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Alexa group chat

My 86 year old mum has an Alexa show which I Skype her on every night (which is great and simple for her). My brother and her grandsons live in New Zealand and we’d love to be able to group video chat with her. Any chance of updating the Alexa Skype software to allow this

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. remove from call

At the moment we have to do schooling via skype. (BTW thanks for opportunity!) But it happend that someone of our pupils removes other participants from the call. Is there any option to cancel this option for all the participants? Maybe it could do the admin only? And the same for "Mute someone"
    That would be very helpful dor us now. Thanks

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 73 74
  • Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base