Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add cryptocurrency micropayments to Skype (XRP and others)

Dear Skype, The age of MicroPayments has come and we need your support. The era of Internet of Value is kocniking at the door. My idea is to implement micropayments in Skype. Allow us to buy SkypeCredits with XRpTipBot , allow us to send micro payments on Skype chat as well.
    Please have a look at http://xrptipbot.com/ and its open API https://www.xrptipbot.com/app/api-spec which is pretty easy to implement.
    XRPtipBot is now available in 40+ languages. It's available for Twitter / Reddit / Discord / Telegram and recently has been added to Microsoft Outlook please visit http://moneymessage.radynamics.com/moneymessage_www/
    What's more it has…

2,315 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

350 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi. Thanks for sharing this Idea! Cryptocurrency micropayments sounds really cool right :) Like any other leading technology company Microsoft is already testing blockchain.
    Although I don’t have any information about cryptocurrency adoption for Skype or any other MS product, please keep continue supporting this Idea. I will share it with our teams :)
    Note: I’ve edited the title of this Idea little bit so it fits to cryptocurrencies generally ;)

- Petr

2. Don't block SKYPE account easily

I used SKYPE to explain the truth of Falun Dafa to the people of the Public Security Procuratorate and the Court in mainland China, and to prevent the CCP from persecuting good people who believe in God. So I made more calls, and I urge you not to block my account for this. It would just allow the evil CCP to continue to do evil! And harvest the organs of Falun Gong practitioners alive to make huge profits. Such evil continues, I hope you can stand on the side of justice. Cautiously block account. Thank you!

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Fix Skype to support Clownfish app again

hello we expect innovation in the new releases for the operation of the application named clownfish
    (the program does not work in new versions)
    Link of the application: https://clownfish-translator.com

158 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

97 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Enable group video chats on Echo Show (Alexa)

What I want to get working-

2 or more smartphones with the latest skype app to connect to 1 Echo show with it's own account

Currently only peer-to-peer is supported (Only one person can skype to an Echo show at a time).

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 656 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

192 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you all for sharing your ideas! We have a lot of great feedback from you and we really appreciate it! We love the passion!
    We used to categorize your submissions with lists of multiple requests, however we’re overwhelmed now. Going forward we will only accept submissions with single requests. It will help us to better prioritize which features we will work on next and understand what is most important for you.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!

- Petr

6. Calls Administrator

I'd like to be able to control members’ videocalls as administrator, in order to avoid they can exclude or mute each other from conversation.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. removing from call

I think you should add a option to see which participant is muting or removing others or restrict removing and muting options only to admins

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. sir,While a meeting .some members mute audio,some remove others ,it shoud be restricted and the person doing any action should be displayed.

only Admin should be allowed to add or remove the members. During a meeting there is a message you are removed by some participant. His name should be displayed. Hope for early attention

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Display video of more than 4 users in grid view

Please allow more than 4 callers to display simultaneously in grid view when in a group video call. Just have it resize the windows smaller as more than 4 people join the call so that everyone can see everyone else all the time.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Removing A Person From A Video/Audio Call

Please add a feature to see the person's Name/Contact who is removing others from a skype Video/Audio call.

I hope u add this feature soon as it gets very annoying

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Group call on Echo Show

Enable Skype group call on Echo Show! This is extremely important in this period of global emergency and elderly people use Echo Show to communicate with their relatives.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Please return support for Skype 7.

Please return support for Skype 7. the New version sucks to put it mildly. Please return support for Skype 7 and older versions. The new Skype does not have such features, unlike the classic one. For example: there is no "offline" status. PLEASE RETURN THE CLASSIC SKYPE.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 2,051 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

425 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We hear you. We love Skype version 7 too. We’re working to build the Skype experience you’ve come to depend on for so long on today’s platforms for today’s user. It would be impossible to bring back the full catalog of features available in previous versions of Skype all at once, our engineering systems just don’t work that way. We are committed to evolving the current Skype experience to match your needs over time. As we release new Skype features, we’ll update this site. You can also follow @Skype and @SkypeInsider on Twitter for the latest news too.
    Thank you all for your feedback.

14. Bringing bthe feature of knowing that who is removing and muting our calls . Please

In this period of lockdown our online classes are going on while in between of the classes anyone is removing and muting us and we are unable to know that who is removing us . So please get this feature of knowing that who is removing and muting us in the group video call as soon as possible . Please please I request you from my very heart . Thank you

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Skype meeting Admin Control

For the Skype meeting module, host should be able to control the meeting. currently, any participant is able to remove other participants.
    Introduction of new features (admin controls) would help skype to compete with other players in the marker like zoom.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Know which person in the video call removed you

That's quite annoying when someone anonymously repeatedly removes you from an important video call.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Stop forcing the update and keep Skype 7 alive!

Skype 7 works fine for me and all my needs. The new update does not function for me on my desktop. It works like an annoying app. I hate it. Most people do. Stop forcing everyone to update and allow us to use the old version if we want to.

1,486 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

458 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We realize moving away from older versions of Skype is an inconvenience and we’re sorry for that. We wouldn’t be moving everyone forward if it wasn’t absolutely necessary. Watch this site for news about features we’re adding to the current version of Skype and reach out to @SkypeSupport on Twitter if you need help getting settled in the new app.

Thanks all for all the comments and votes around this topic.

18. Remove feature: "Remove from call" for everyone exept the host.

The availability of the option "remove from call" makes it such that immature persons are finding it fun to pres.

In these times where online meetings and tutoring are most needed this causes great disturbances. This type of control should only be available to the host. (same goes for muting a person)

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Bring back USERNAMES

Allow us to change Skype username!

1,470 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

433 comments  ·  Profile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you all who voted for this request! We have recently made changes which should allow you to see your Username. On Skype 8 You can see it in Settings > Account & Profile under Skype Name field.

In case you created an account using email or phone number you will see your username as live:emailid or live:uniqueidentifier.

No exact release date is available but we are working on adding support to allow users to customize their user name. I’ll keep you posted as we move closer to release

- Petr

20. 17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 308 309
  • Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories