Welcome to Skype Ideas!

UPDATEMicrosoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more.

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.
Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.

• If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!

The Skype Team
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Microsoft If you see this, Please continue the skype 7 versions and below!

I know that you are probably not seeying this but any moderator or admin or just even users please vote so we can force microsoft to bring it back! Please microsoft if you continue skype 7 and below you wont even need to buy discord because everyone is gonna switch to skype 7 and older versions i really hope that.

Please just please that is why people like discord/zoom/teams or what ever more!

Also please vote make this go viral so microsoft can see this.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

7 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make Alyssa and Vanessa the

Make Alyssa and Vanessa the shareholders of skype because we really are the only mfs using this app.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add cryptocurrency micropayments to Skype (XRP and others)

Dear Skype, The age of MicroPayments has come and we need your support. The era of Internet of Value is kocniking at the door. My idea is to implement micropayments in Skype. Allow us to buy SkypeCredits with XRpTipBot , allow us to send micro payments on Skype chat as well.
    Please have a look at http://xrptipbot.com/ and its open API https://www.xrptipbot.com/app/api-spec which is pretty easy to implement.
    XRPtipBot is now available in 40+ languages. It's available for Twitter / Reddit / Discord / Telegram and recently has been added to Microsoft Outlook please visit http://moneymessage.radynamics.com/moneymessage_www/
    What's more it has…

2,320 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

402 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi. Thanks for sharing this Idea! Cryptocurrency micropayments sounds really cool right :) Like any other leading technology company Microsoft is already testing blockchain.
    Although I don’t have any information about cryptocurrency adoption for Skype or any other MS product, please keep continue supporting this Idea. I will share it with our teams :)
    Note: I’ve edited the title of this Idea little bit so it fits to cryptocurrencies generally ;)

- Petr

4. add a whiteboard

so when we have a session with kids or a meeting with officer's we can use a whiteboard to draw or explain the concept

57 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Skype Layout

Hello, friends!
    I have a suggestion that most of the users may like. We all know that most of the people hate the new Microsoft design. I think it would be GREAT if you add something in the settings that can change the WHOLE Skype layout. (Ringtones, design, settings, UI, etc.)

For example I have 3 layouts to choose from:
    Microsoft Design (Default)
    Skype 6 Design (Classic)
    First ever Skype version (Old)

If I choose Microsoft Design nothing would change as this will be the default one.

If I choose the Skype 6 Design, the app would change EVERYTHING so…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add salute emoji

Please, add a salute emoji (like in armed forces).
    It will means kinda "order accepted" or "affirmative".
    Everyone who messaging about work with Skype lacks it incredibly.
    Thank you.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Change Skype Name or connect a new skype account to the microsoft account

The situation as a whole is very unbelievable that in 2021 Microsoft and skype is blocking professionals from the access to either change the skype name or delete and connect a new skype account to the microsoft account. This looks very unprofessional in the business world and locks people into their account with no means to change the account or create a new one if the information is incorrect. So someone is stuck with a skype name that was created 10 years ago to then microsoft merging with skype and makes it impossible to remove the skype account from the…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Mute all participants microphones at once

Please , if someone is the host in "Meet Now", it would be great to have the option to mute all participants at once until you want them to talk. It's annoying to give a speech or a class and to have particpants permanently turning on their microphones and interrupting.

64 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Quickly jump to date in chat

It would be nice to be able to jump to a specific date in a chat or group chat instead of needing to scroll up really far.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. How to Delete / Clear History in Skype

Skype MUST provide Delete / Clear History option as well as number of days to keep history

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Fix Together Mode and Speaker View's weird bugs

Thanks for the together mode but it has this weird thing that on a moderated group any general member activating together mode activating it for the entire meeting. I have 20/30 people in the conference and using white board. Any single one opening together mode messing up everyone's view mode. But this feature should be like view only for the person activating it right? as in MS Teams? Also the Speaker View gets stuck most of the time to a person whether s/he is speaking or not, which is very crazy in a conference situation. I am in a situation…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Window share in Screen Share feature doesn't work the way it should.

Window share in Screen Share feature doesn't work properly. If shows some random gray boxes as well as with overlay windows as gray boxes too, although the window below is getting shared. This is weird that the same feature works perfectly on MSTeams but not on Skype. Please correct the layers. This is very important for my current presentation scenario.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. moon emoji

The app really needs a moon emoji. There is no proper emoji for saying good night

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Ability to change name

In the profile you have your "Name" and your "Skype Name". Currently we can change the Name but we can't change the Skype Name. Would it be possible to make it so we can change the Skype Name? I created my Skype Name years ago in the very beginning but now I hate the name and want to change it to my business name instead. And I can't just delete Skype and start a new account because it's so intertwined into my Microsoft account. So I always wish I could just change the Skype Name and be done with it.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Ability to save the file regardless of the coincidence of the name with the open file

The ability to save the file regardless of the coincidence of the name with the open file
    I ran into a problem to accept and save a file, provided that I already have a file with the same name open on my computer.
    I propose to consider the possibility of saving and accepting the file regardless of what is open in the system and used. Those. check if a file with the same name as you were sent to Skype already exists or open, then save a new file with the addition of the word "copy" or the time of…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Change Skype Name

Provide the ability to change the username in the skype profile instead of default, live:username_1

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Profile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Change Skype ID

Allow the option to change Skype ID just like Xbox Gamertags, they can be changed to anything and then autogenerated numbers are assigned after so the Skype ID can always be changed if it ever gets compromised by internet trolls.

I currently can't use Skype because of this, I need to change my Skype ID to protect my personal information from the internet, and as a result I'm not able to buy minutes or a phone number for Skype if I can't use the account.

I literally have money waiting for you, make the feature happen and it's yours.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Let the Skype name be changed

Let the Skype name be changed

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Deleting Skype account without having to delete Microsoft account. Also, could you please add changing the Skype name feature?

Or, perhaps we could create multiple Skype accounts using the same Microsoft account?

Thanks.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Enable group video chats on Echo Show (Alexa)

What I want to get working-

2 or more smartphones with the latest skype app to connect to 1 Echo show with it's own account

Currently only peer-to-peer is supported (Only one person can skype to an Echo show at a time).

84 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 438 439
  • Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base