Welcome to Skype Ideas!

UPDATEMicrosoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more.

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.
Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.

• If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!

The Skype Team
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add someone in group chat

Allow someone to accept or decline to participate in a group chat

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Independent call forwarding settings for multiple skype numbers

I've two different skype numbers. One is in the USA the other in the UK. I would like to change the order of call forwarding to route incoming calls to the number closest to the skpe number called. For example, if the caller rings the USA skype number, the forwarding will first attempt my designated USA mobile and similarly calls received on the UK number first attempt the UK mobile provided. As you might imagine due to time zone differences, calls forwarded during business hours in the UK to a USA number on the west coast USA is problematic as…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Microsoft If you see this, Please continue the skype 7 versions and below!

I know that you are probably not seeying this but any moderator or admin or just even users please vote so we can force microsoft to bring it back! Please microsoft if you continue skype 7 and below you wont even need to buy discord because everyone is gonna switch to skype 7 and older versions i really hope that.

Please just please that is why people like discord/zoom/teams or what ever more!

Also please vote make this go viral so microsoft can see this.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. please be kind enough to add green colour to the skype, green is the best colour to eye. thank you

dark and light colours are bad for eye while people using pc for daily works.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. bluetooth

If a bluetooth headset is connected it should be the default audio device, not the speaker... you know, like any other phone application.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Robocall

Do not allow calls from numbers not in your Contacts. This feature is listed but does not work as I have it enabled but am still receiving Robocalls. The feature needs to be updated/upgraded. This could boost your user base immensely as cell providers have no solution and everyone is sick of it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Polyglot support - multiple languages at once

It would be great if Microsoft could support more than one language at once. This would be a wonderful feature for people who are bilingual, or for polyglots or anyone learning another language. I speak 3 languages at once and the autocorrect features are extremely annoying since I switch my language several times in the span of a few minutes. Changing the language settings the way it is setup now simply doesn't cut it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. editing tool for better, selective management of historic calls, messages, gallery, etc

improve the editing functions to allow more selective editing to manage call log data effectively. Seems, on MAC OS Sierra, that you can only delete all the history on any particular contact, and only remove content that originator created, not received. There ends up being a huge amount of 'missed call and old voicmessages that cannot be got rid of by receiver, even if you mark it as 'unread from here' it doesn't go away. A massive waste of cloud storage space.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Have section where you can check & edit your password on your laptop -helpful when you get logged out of phone & don't recall new password!

I just was logged out of the laptop & forced to make a new password, last week. This week, same with my cellphone, but I cannot recall the new one as it happened when I needed to get on in a hurry! Of course same deal now, and way more serious need, but I started up the laptop & checked as other online accounts for other things have that facility, unbelievable that Skype doesn't really!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. There should be a feature to change a skype sound! (yes i know a lot of people suggesting this feature)

There should be a setting in the Skype app to change a notification sound. if it's in skype for business, just port the feature over to skype. it's kinda easy. how to use it would pretty much be like this. settings > general > Ringtones And Sounds > Customize.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. A key stroke function reset

i continually hit cntrl "T" while typing. The letter "T" with shift is used a **** of a lot in english I notice, and instead of hitting shift accurately, if I am a bit tired, I miss the shift key and hit the cntrl key which activates anolther screen and sometime takes me to skype help. It can be very frustrating. I would like to be able to chose to deactivate the cntrl "T" when i need to. Other key stokes are not such an issue.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. log in

Hide my login status and close Skype for iPhone. When I reopen Skype for iPhone, the status is logg in. Previously, the login status remained hidden. I would like to you to put it back.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. skype big probelm

plz include this feature that when someone login in our account (send us login alert message ) and include option in setting to check logged devices

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. How do I keep my status active on Skype even when I am away from my laptop?

When i am away should be able to set a time , and only if we exceed the time should display my status as recently active/ away

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. "Meet Now" looks like Spyware

I just spent the past few min trying to find this program in add/remove programs thinking it piggy backed on another piece of software. I only started to google it after I couldn't find it...

Comon guys... I understand this isn't really a new program, but wow, did you intend for it to look exactly like some PUP I got from installing freeware?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. my idea

Can automatic call be available for all devices please its useful for me please and thank you since covid i cannot meet friends family and can it update without signing out for automatic call to work.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. reset skype desktop app

need button/option to reset Skype back to original installed configuration

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Together Mode

Hello all,
    I really have a problem during my online meetings.
    Suddenly the "together-mode" appears, even I don't want that.
    So, I am asking how can I stop this mode? I know, I can remove the mode from the call. But after doing that, some minutes later, it appears again. And I suggest it depens from the amount of people participating the meeting? As soon as there are more then 4 people the mode appears.

Another question I have concerning this mode: Maybe the participants can activate the mode also?

I am looking forward to your feedback.

Thank you in…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)