Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Automatically delete chat history

Automatically delete chat history;you can set any length of time

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Security...please. Face ID. Access code. Anything

Security...please. Face ID. Access code. Anything

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. put an option to hide our presence from group calls when we are already in the call

put an option to hide our presence from group calls when we are already in the call

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Two Factor Authentication for Desktop and Mobile Apps

Two Factor Authentication for Desktop and Mobile apps is much needed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I was

I was given this link not for sharing ideas but for feedback about the service I am very upset about. The virtual helper is not able to give an answer and to help enter the account which I have not lost data for. I know both my login and password and I do not understand why it is impossible just to send me a code of confirmation without getting to my computer remotely. If the virtual helper tried to listen to the interlocutor it would be just great for everyone.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I need the ability to clear my cache and history for my privacy

Please include the clear cache and history options for my paid private conversations. I also want to setup secure ports for my privacy.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Weird Chats

Three chats with weird names that disapear straight after I open skype, every time I open it after a time. I am just worried weather someone might be botting my acount and using it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Status switching itself from "Invisible" to "Active"

Whenever I set my status "Invisible", It occasionally changes to "Active" online status itself. Even I am logged in and while using Skype, status changes to visible. It is really annoying. I want Skype to keep my status preferences and Save it. It is kind of Bug. Please consider this feedback and improve Status Settings!

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. NO Unlink button - Security breach!!

Hello there,

There seem to be already few suggestions made on this, but pleease read this until the end and PLEASE create an "unlink" button!! How can Microsoft have no unlink button for the accounts?

I've recently have had issues that made me change the passwords for my Hotmail and skype or other Microsoft accounts, which were having different recovery email addresses. I have changed my password 5 times in 3 days, because it would let me sign in.

I have spoken to an agent from the technical support and have told me that there is an automatic link/merge of…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Skype for Belgium (number)

Hi it would be nice to get partnership with Belgian operators for having a Skype number in Belgium.
    https://fr.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zone_blanche
    This link explain what is a zone without network.
    Also having an intelligent external forwarding system to Skype. Ie : forwarding from any number to the Skype number when losing signal. Those zones have mostly internet in private houses for private or professional use. And should be able to work easily.
    Of course each providers has its own strategy to block or impeach voip calls instead of traditionnal network. To me it is a security imperative and should be democratically priced.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Custermise setting for "each skype ID holders

Skye account ID and online status : To person A - no online status showing , To person B- show we are online)... etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 20th century security verification process. Fail!

I live in Australia and am visiting Japan. Skypes ancient security verification process has stopped me from using the program. Fail! I keep hearing that it's all in the interest of account protection. No other chat program has this problem and if they did they use a better, faster system to verify.
    I have no choice but to use another chat program. I won't be buying Skype credit in the future.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Skype integration with Onedrive : please give option for restrict users to use content and tools tab for data security propose

please give option for restrict users to use content and tools tab for data security propose.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Last conversation visible below Contacts names

Please REMOVE last conversation below Contacts names in the Skype window for privacy in case someone looks at our screen.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Password Setting

Password Setting
    I would appreciate, way to have the setting to the password and password recovery.

Password Setting
    The setting for Password that could be changed or allow the user to chose what the user wants, allowing the changing of the bounded condition for password creation. ( Allowing people to chose willingly to whether they want to have a variety of numbers, letters, symbols or not. as well as using old or what the system says it sees often that it lock that password from use. Or allowing previously used passwords again.) Allow the user to decide whether or not…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. birthday

Add ability to remove birthday from profile and/or add ability to hide birthday and other personal information from everyone, including contacts.

The fact that birthdays are used as a form of official government identification AND are used in the account/password recovery process for Skype itself means that it is extremely counter-intuitive and a grave security concern for Skype to force customers to share this information with everyone else on Skype.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Keep Status of Skype intact

Please update Skype to keep my status as "Away", like I used to be able to do in older versions of skype (v 7.4).

I want to keep myself "Away" permanently if I wish, the way the old skype worked, where you could set it once and it remained that way until you changed it to another status regardless if you signed out or not.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. To have an app lock for free.

I feeI that this app would be sooooo much better if there was a feature where someone could set a password and have to enter it everytime the open the app so their privacy could truly be secured!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base