Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. hide last time online

Ability to hide your last time online.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please can you give your Users the options to turn off their "Last Seen"? WhatsApp has this option for their Users privacy.

Please can you give your users the options to turn off their "Last Seen"? WhatsApp has this option for their users' privacy.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. When I delete a contact, REALLY delete them from everywhere

When we delete a contact, it must be deleted from 10 locations. Can't you just remove them permanently from everywhere? Privacy > View list, Right click and delete... Search history, Recommendation... The deleted contacts appear everywhere. EVEN IN CHAT EXPORT. I want some privacy here. I want to delete them from EVERYWHERE. Thank you!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Acabo de descubrir que después de bloquear un con

Acabo de descubrir que después de bloquear un contacto los archivos que compartiste con esta persona siguen estando disponibles, creo que por seguridad de los usuarios, una vez que bloquees un contacto, las fotos, los archivos y cualquier otro elemento compartido debería bloquearse también. Personalmente me genera mucha desconfianza haber descubierto ese detalle

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Restrict access to 'gif' files to improve parental controls

During this 'lockdown' period many grandparents are communicating with grandchildren online. Easy access to the internet via 'gif' files could be restricted to improve online safety.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. NO Unlink button - Security breach!!

Hello there,

There seem to be already few suggestions made on this, but pleease read this until the end and PLEASE create an "unlink" button!! How can Microsoft have no unlink button for the accounts?

I've recently have had issues that made me change the passwords for my Hotmail and skype or other Microsoft accounts, which were having different recovery email addresses. I have changed my password 5 times in 3 days, because it would let me sign in.

I have spoken to an agent from the technical support and have told me that there is an automatic link/merge of…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. submit

to be able to have to accept photos and videos before they are on my page...i know some people send photos so they can add spyware in someones computer, I just had someone send pics I hadn't approved and cant even delete them

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Skype is periodically loosing mouse. Reboot doesnt help. Skype is one of the worst Microsoft **** programs with ****** Windows10.

Skype is periodically loosing mouse. Skype and Windows 10 from Microsoft is one of the worst software ***** ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. how do i delete multiple old chat messages on skype 8.53.0.85?

how do i delete multiple old chat messages on skype 8.53.0.85??? I have old messages from 5 years ago displayed on my skype!! Why?

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Hide chats by default

provide a setting so that all new chats are hidden

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Stop incoming friend requests

Be given the opportunity to disallow incoming friend requests. This would be handy for people like myself who have quite a sought after username and, as such, get a lot of spam adds and calls from bots everyday. I don't want to have to scroll through 300 friend requests/missed calls from bots to find what my friend messaged me yesterday. Spoke to your Twitter team and they advised I post this idea here.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Parental administration access

My 15yr old daughter has Autism and loves to have the independence to use Skype to talk to her school friends and other family members. She is unaware of the social dangers that platforms like Skype can pose and we have recently been aware that she has been using the search facility to try and find friends but has ended up trying to contact random Skype members. I think that it would be good for parents to have some sort of password protected administration access to allow them to create a contact list for their child so that the child…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. SHOW THAT YOU OR BUSY OR IN A CALL OR YOU DONT WANT TO BE DISCRUB OR YOU WANT PRIVACY

SHOW THAT YOU OR BUSY OR YOU IN A CALL OR YOU DONT WANT TO BE DISCRUB OR YOU WANT PRIVACY

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Make account recovery a "human in the loop" action.

The account recovery app assumes records are available on use years in the past. *** u me precludes recovery otherwise. Either put a person in the loop, or allow failed recovery attempts to be resolved by a person in the loop.

All automatic fails to meet (this) customer needs.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Deletion of account over blackmailing

If someone threatens you or blackmail you over Skype. Account of that person should be deleted after report received by victim.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Keep Status of Skype intact

Please update Skype to keep my status as "Away", like I used to be able to do in older versions of skype (v 7.4).

I want to keep myself "Away" permanently if I wish, the way the old skype worked, where you could set it once and it remained that way until you changed it to another status regardless if you signed out or not.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. mutual contacts problem

i don't want to my contacts see my mutual contacts.
    why you don't revise this problem in skype????
    it is very bad every body in search option if put one word can see some contacts as mutual for other persons have in its contact list.
    maybe someone don't want to share its contacts with others.
    now i for disable mutual contacts had to delete all my contacts in my view list and like this my skype got problem and can't chat with my friends easily and msges deliver with long delay sometimes , please fix and put in skype one…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base