Welcome to Skype Ideas!

UPDATEMicrosoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more.

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.
Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.

• If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!

The Skype Team
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. untethering skype account from microsoft account and deleting it separately and clearing the history.

I would like to be able to untether my skype account from my microsoft account and clear it and delete it completely because i am unable to clear my history of which contacts i have been in contact with, even if i have blocked and deleted them. When you go to the search bar you will still see mutual contacts to contacts that you have deleted and blocked and i would like to get rid of this feature. As seen in my conversation with a microsoft agent, reference number: 1012489451.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Include the "delete chat history" function that used to exist of the classic skype

The ability to delete your messages to prevent yourself and whoever you sent them to from ever seeing them again was (in my opinion) the best feature lost from the Classic Skype. Discord doesn't have this as a built in feature yet, but it is possible through a browser extension.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. to have admin options in skype like what's app

hi . I think the lack of some options in skype are clear in regard to other applicaations. I mean when we create a group and share our screen we cant limitate our participents in sending the messages when we don't want them to send the message. I mean just admin can send the message or just the admin can delete the messages

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. No need for admin right when updating skype on computer

Once installed, skype frequently requires updating the software which requires admin right. This is very inconvenient as I have to ask the IT support authorize admin right to update my work computer.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I want to change my Skype ID

Hi Skype, I want to change my skype ID please it's a request please send me the change ID url so that i can change. i'll be highly thankful to you

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. keeps getting spam by non-contact list accounts

I keep getting spam with messages from non-contact list accounts. I already set my privacy account to not searchable, yet I received those messages everyday!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Please introduce lock on iPhone so I can stay logged in and use Touch ID to open

WhatsApp has a lock feature so it can’t be that hard to build :D

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. blocking adverts

When adverts appear in the Skype contacts list you should be able to block them, as you can unsolicited contacts.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Where is the sercurity key

I need the fingerprint

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Full Reimbursement of fraudulent transactions

I was a victim of a fraudulent subscription on my skype account. Microsoft has the policy to reimburse only the last 6 months. I think it would be fair in case such a situation happens to reimburse the total amount.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Change or view your password

We need this especially for people who used to upgrade phones or log in to their pc’s

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. the ability to prevent a single individual from being able to see me online

I want the ability to prevent a single individual from being able to see me

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add Network Security endpoint section to Skype account and applications, Skype Web access websites

Would be great to add Network Security endpoint section to Skype account and applications, Skype Web access websites.
    Important features: real-time single sign-on statistic - IP, geolocation, device type, possibility to link trusted devices to Skype account,
    geolocation filter for source network and IP. Unusual activity warning, password brute force attack and etc.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Please add a feature to forget my login details after I sign out.

At my office, sometimes we have to use another person's computer. After I sign out at the end of the day, they can easily sign back in the next day without requiring a password. Can't you add a feature to forget my login details from the windows 10 skype app? It's desperately needed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. identity theft prevention

Don't require identity-theft worthy data. ZIP code is used to verify credit card numbers. Birth date is used to verify medical records.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Hide Skype name from search

I would like to be able to hide my skype name from search, because I cannot change it, I do not want a new email, and it has my name in it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base