Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Tengo un problema con mi nombre de usuario, ya que coincide con mi dirección de correo electrónico asociado a mi cuenta de Skype

Modificar mi nombre de usuario por el problema nombrado aquí abajo:
    Me gustaría que se pudiera solucionar este error ya que el nombre de usuario no debería coincidir ni con el número de teléfono ni con el correo electrónico, ya que con esa finalidad se usa precisamente el nombre de usuario que es para que la gente te añada a través de él sin necesidad de dar más datos, pero si en mi caso coincide con mi dirección de correo electrónico es un error de la aplicación que me gustaría que lo modificarán para poder volver a usar mi cuenta.…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. notification about skype used

Hi Skype Team! The skype account didn't have a feature of notification for mob and email for all the time its open and used in other device. I am not talking about the verification and notification like Facebooks and google. One time notification. Just add this feature as an optional for a person ease so if he r she can notify about their skype if it is rather used in office while they are not present. This action will take place when the skype is not completely sign out, only when it is closed.
    I am very grateful to you…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Add possibility to hide "live:..." Skype name

Showing email in skype name is not very securely.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Restrict access to 'gif' files to improve parental controls

During this 'lockdown' period many grandparents are communicating with grandchildren online. Easy access to the internet via 'gif' files could be restricted to improve online safety.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. dissappointing servise from skype

my skype is not showing online status buffring all the time not working properly. due to more and more chat history . i told customer care for delete history please they said you have to do one by one .

skype service is crazy . they are not reday to slove matter or delete history

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Locking meetings

Hello. I do like Skype, but I would like to be able to "lock" my "meetings" in Skype, as I do in Zoom.

This would add one more security protection.

Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Automatic video recording for set calls

My ex and I are court ordered to use Skype for his supervised visits with our children and I'm suppose to record every call. It would be nice if there was a way that all of their calls for just that person was time stamped and recorded without me having to click record every time. Like if there was a way for it to start to record as soon as the call was answered from that particular person and was time stamped for court purposes. My children that are suppose to answer 5 & 7 so they are not suppose…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. KEEP my status the SAME way I set it last time I opened the application

I set my status to "Invisible". Next time I open it, it is "Available". EVERY time. In the 15 years I have used Skype (since about 2003), YOU haven't done this, except for a span of time where you kept changing my status without my choice or permission. Then you left it alone, and now you are changing it again. No matter how I set it, you reset it. Repeatedly.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Option to clear call list in Skype web client and application

Here is no options to clear or delete call list, both in Skype web client and application.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. STOP SPAM CALLS

There is not enough security on the Skype account. Many spam calls have been coming on my Skype. They do not even show up in the caller history. in fact, there is no caller history at all. The caller was also very inappropriate and could not be blocked as the number was not showing up. In fact, I also temporarily deleted the account as the calls were continuous at random times. What can I do to avoid this?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Private conversations in teams for up to 30 people

Private conversations are only available so it seems on a one to one basis
    For security purposes it would be great if thsi could be expandend

regards
    gfboulogne
    rotterdam

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 24 * 7 how to make online

when some saw my profile at the time 24 * 7 it will show online. how to make ? is this possible? any way available mean to send the link, please...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 24 * 7 how to make online

when some saw my profile at the time 24 * 7 it will show online. how to make ? is this possible? any way available mean to send the link, please...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Deleting Messages From People Not in Your Contact List

How do we delete messages from people we do not know nor want to be contacted by. The messages from them remain and we should be able to delete them.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Option to cancel invitation

Refer to my case 1497717395. I accidentally chat my friend's old account and now that account linger in my profile unable to be remove or delete. Already contacted CS and he can't remove it either due to he doesn't have access to cancel chat invitation...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Make sure public discoverability is turned OFF by default for child accounts.

I just set up a child email/Microsoft account for my daughter, which is required to enable family safety and security features on the PC. However it seems to actually increase the risks to her safety, because common-sense safety or security settings are OFF by default, and it takes many hours to discover how they can be enabled.

For instance, although she has never used skype, a skype account was automatically created for her with the Microsoft account, and the "appear in search results" defaults to ON.

As a result an unknown middle aged man has attempted to contact her via…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I need the ability to clear my cache and history for my privacy

Please include the clear cache and history options for my paid private conversations. I also want to setup secure ports for my privacy.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1497076547

No dar control total a todos los usuarios de un chat grupal. Recuperar los roles de Listener o Speaker

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. A feature to log out from all devices

Sometimes we need to be log out from a device far away, remained at home for example.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base