Welcome to Skype Ideas!

UPDATEMicrosoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more.

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.
Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.

• If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!

The Skype Team
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Is it possible to remove people search history, as in clearing the cache and search history every so often.

Is it possible to remove people search history, as in clearing the cache and search history every so often.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ask before forcing adding anything to my computer.

What the ever-loving is wrong with your softwares development team. I have no interest in your -tier skype addons being forcibly added to my computer. I do not even use skype on desktop because it is a laggy, convoluted disaster. BONUS points for the fuckwit who decided to give it a little camera icon to really drive home the invasive and intrusive nature of your programming. REEVALUATE your companies privacy policies and shove them up your CEOs ***.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. disable "tag for status change alerts" - GDPR

Referring to the GDPR laws (Personal data protection in Europe), I want to have an option to disable the possibility to tag me for status change alerts.
    When I work and what I do is my business and I consider this as personal information.
    A complaint about this will also be filed at the European Data Protection Supervisor.
    Kind regards,
    William

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. select calls (chats), and delete selected calls (chats), delete all calls (chats)

select calls (chats), and delete selected calls (chats), delete all calls (chats)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Historic Call clean

I'm not talking about the chat history, I'm talking about the calls. My skype is over 12 years old and keeps a history of calls and people who no longer even use the service. Just like the message, the call history should have the option to clear them as well.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Why microphone access is mandatory ?

'Contacts' , 'Microphone' ,'Phone', 'Storage' - seems these 4 android permissions are mandatory for using skype for business. Please note if i am using skype just for chat, i do not need microphone or phone access. The storage access is required only if i am transferring or receiving files and it should be 'as when required, user providing basis' instead of MANDATING it to use the application. Contacts permission alone should suffice to use the app for chat purposes. Kindly fix the same as it concerns the end user privacy when i provide microphone access which am sure am not…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Link correct Skype account with Microsoft account

Allow linking original Skype (pre-Microsoft) with Microsoft account. I have a duplicate Skype account that I do not use linked to my MS account. I would very much like to link my correct Skype to my correct MS account. Add Skype account and replace. Doesn't have to delete, but should unlink.

Also be able to change pre-MS Skype Name.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. When you want to call your OWN cell phone, you should not be asked a PASSWORD. Im looking for my cell in the house but I forgot my password

Im looking for my own cell phone because its lost in my house.
    I want to call it through Skype.
    Its asking me to enter my PASSWORD which I cannot remember
    I dont know why.
    I never had to enter my password fro calling phone numbers.
    Its DUMB
    Frustrating
    Wasting my time

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. call a landline instead of trying to text a code message--texting does not work

Like the banks are doing, call a landline instead of trying to text a code message to
    confirm phone # or passcodes etc...Land line does NOT accept text messages.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Text Verification/Skype: Implement Voice/Email verification

I am trying to set up a phone caller ID for my Skype phone (for which I am a paid subscriber).

As per the following article below, the only verification method for available setting up Caller ID is SMS.

My phone does not receive the texts from Skype, and I know others have this same problem.
    https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA1248
    https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA2561

Could you please develop a email and/or voice verification option?

It would help me and many others. Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Skype is preventing my MacBook from sleeping

Skype is preventing my MacBook from sleeping
    Broken since April 2020. Works correctly if I downgrade to Skype-8.59.0.77 or delete Skype, so I've been considering to stop using it and save my battery.
    pmset -g
    System-wide power settings:
    Currently in use:
    standbydelaylow 10800
    standby 1
    halfdim 1
    hibernatefile /var/vm/sleepimage
    proximitywake 0
    powernap 0
    gpuswitch 2
    disksleep 10
    standbydelayhigh 86400
    sleep 2 (sleep prevented by Skype Helper (Renderer))
    hibernatemode 3
    ttyskeepawake 1
    displaysleep 2
    tcpkeepalive 1
    highstandbythreshold 50
    acwake 0
    lidwake 1

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. untethering skype account from microsoft account and deleting it separately and clearing the history.

I would like to be able to untether my skype account from my microsoft account and clear it and delete it completely because i am unable to clear my history of which contacts i have been in contact with, even if i have blocked and deleted them. When you go to the search bar you will still see mutual contacts to contacts that you have deleted and blocked and i would like to get rid of this feature. As seen in my conversation with a microsoft agent, reference number: 1012489451.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Include the "delete chat history" function that used to exist of the classic skype

The ability to delete your messages to prevent yourself and whoever you sent them to from ever seeing them again was (in my opinion) the best feature lost from the Classic Skype. Discord doesn't have this as a built in feature yet, but it is possible through a browser extension.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base