Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Stop incoming friend requests

Be given the opportunity to disallow incoming friend requests. This would be handy for people like myself who have quite a sought after username and, as such, get a lot of spam adds and calls from bots everyday. I don't want to have to scroll through 300 friend requests/missed calls from bots to find what my friend messaged me yesterday. Spoke to your Twitter team and they advised I post this idea here.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Parental administration access

My 15yr old daughter has Autism and loves to have the independence to use Skype to talk to her school friends and other family members. She is unaware of the social dangers that platforms like Skype can pose and we have recently been aware that she has been using the search facility to try and find friends but has ended up trying to contact random Skype members. I think that it would be good for parents to have some sort of password protected administration access to allow them to create a contact list for their child so that the child…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. SHOW THAT YOU OR BUSY OR IN A CALL OR YOU DONT WANT TO BE DISCRUB OR YOU WANT PRIVACY

SHOW THAT YOU OR BUSY OR YOU IN A CALL OR YOU DONT WANT TO BE DISCRUB OR YOU WANT PRIVACY

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Make account recovery a "human in the loop" action.

The account recovery app assumes records are available on use years in the past. *** u me precludes recovery otherwise. Either put a person in the loop, or allow failed recovery attempts to be resolved by a person in the loop.

All automatic fails to meet (this) customer needs.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Please can you give your Users the options to turn off their "Last Seen"? WhatsApp has this option for their Users privacy.

Please can you give your users the options to turn off their "Last Seen"? WhatsApp has this option for their users' privacy.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Deletion of account over blackmailing

If someone threatens you or blackmail you over Skype. Account of that person should be deleted after report received by victim.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. mutual contacts problem

i don't want to my contacts see my mutual contacts.
    why you don't revise this problem in skype????
    it is very bad every body in search option if put one word can see some contacts as mutual for other persons have in its contact list.
    maybe someone don't want to share its contacts with others.
    now i for disable mutual contacts had to delete all my contacts in my view list and like this my skype got problem and can't chat with my friends easily and msges deliver with long delay sometimes , please fix and put in skype one…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Alert: Intrusion of privacy

I was accidently invited in a group chat. I didn't noticed the invitation. So I hadn't refused it yet, but I also didn't accept it. And yet I was still able to see the content of their group chat. This is a huge intrusion of their privacy. Their is a famous Flemish saying by Tom Lenaerts "Waar zijn jullie mee bezig boys? Los het op!" Meaning: What the f*ck are you doing, boys? Fix it! Thank you. (Sorry for the mistakes in writing, I'm not a native English speaker)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Keep Status of Skype intact

Please update Skype to keep my status as "Away", like I used to be able to do in older versions of skype (v 7.4).

I want to keep myself "Away" permanently if I wish, the way the old skype worked, where you could set it once and it remained that way until you changed it to another status regardless if you signed out or not.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. New privicy setting

Allow users to automatically block unknown calls and messages. Set up a feature where only only contacts who are on the user's contact list are allowed to call them.

Plus at a quick report button for unwanted spam messages and scam calls

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. To be able to delete search history

To be able to delete search history

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I moduli di recupero

I moduli di recupero per recuperare un account bloccato con un'informazione di ripristino non più utilizzabile (un vecchio indirizzo mail), sono inutili!!! Ne avrò compilati almeno 200 in due anni!!! Non funzionano trovate un altro sistema, fanno soltanto perdere tempo. Sono 2 anni che tento di recuperare un account e non sono ancora riuscito!!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. "Active status" and "accessed time status" should be disabled.

Active status and activated status should be disabled so as to maintain privacy.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Screen Privacy

I'd love to have a feature where I don't have to share my entire screen, but a selected application only.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. ALLOW A FEATURE THAT WOULD ONLY ALLOW CALLS AND MESSAGES FROM PEOPLE IN YOUR CONTACT LIST

Have A feature that only allows calls and messages from people in your contact list.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. password

add local password like telegram , user can assign a local password on entering the application. maybe a windows desktop used by two or more real users.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base