Welcome to Skype Ideas!

UPDATEMicrosoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more.

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.
Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.

• If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!

The Skype Team
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Poor Dutch translation

The Dutch translation of the following screen is so poor (grammar and spelling error) that It looks like a phishing site. I highly recommend to improve the translation.
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-account-requires-attention-mobile-number/fcb5d5e5-ca71-49b1-b2ba-ec624553f50f

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. VPN

VPN should show as "ACTIVE" from my call screen, or otherwise show the general location of my IP address, that way if the VPN happens to drop or the IP Address otherwise changes since the last call was made, I know and can take action accordingly.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Security protocols

Please do not lock an account ever time a person is logging from a different country, some of us travel a lot and have Microsoft not as their first account, but one that holds special or old information, but not for everyday use. Why don’t you provide a phone call verification like some providers Apple to verify your new access on new equipment or location.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Convert Legacy Skype Names to Default Generic ID

Let us convert our Legacy Skype Name to the current naming scheme which is much more generic and secure, in comparision to potentially compromised Legacy Skype Names.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Remove 'Last seen..' & adjust time before status changes to 'Away'.

The ability to remove and/or change the time elapsed before your status automatically changes to 'Away' or 'last seen..'

These options were available in previous versions of Skype so I assume they were removed accidentally because only a colossal moron would think it's a good idea to 'remove' privacy options in this day and age.

Generally people want MORE privacy options, not less.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. No option to delete history for people search? Please can you add something to delete people search history thank you

This is very basic and should be available. I cannot delete the history for people search? Please can you add something to delete people search history thank you

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add option to BLOCK "guest:" callers.

Currently we are receiving numerous calls from "Guest: " callers. These cannot be blocked because they do not show up in contacts, which is the recommended way to "block" unwanted callers.

This recent spate of nuisance calls by "guest" accounts is extremely annoying and may result in us switching to another VOIP platform after many many years of happy use of Skype.
    I know that I am not alone in this from what I can see from the forums.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. [VIDEO RECORDING] - [SCREEN RECORDING]

Rather than having just the ability to take screenshots, the ability to take screen recordings would be magnificent.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Email Alert for login from any device and OS

My Skype Account was hacked once. I want the location and device login alert on my email account. So that we have the knowledge who is using my account or somebody using it unauthentically.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Know which person in the video call removed you

That's quite annoying when someone anonymously repeatedly removes you from an important video call.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. I would liek the skype account separate from my hot.ail account .

I would liek the skype account separate from my hot.ail account . I feel it will be more convenient to manage my privacy without affecting my email account eg close of Skype account does not need to close of my email and vice versa.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Remove People Search History in all versions of Skype

Please provide the option to the user to delete all the search people history from history settings. It will provide the user to have better privacy and secured platform.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please make it possible to turn off recommendations for recent contacts in the search bar for people.

So basically, can you make an option to turn of recommended people in the people search bar. Thanks.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Skype on macOS asks for changes to System Keychain; why?

Skype on macOS pops up a dialog at random times:

macOS wants to make changes. Enter an administrator's name and password to allow this.

macOS wants to use the "System" keychain.

User Name:
    Password:

(The above dialog has an icon on the left side with a padlock, and the skype icon overlaid on top).

There is a help button on the lower left side; it opens macOS User Guide for "Allow apps to access your keychain".

Is there a way to suppress this dialog?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Status

How about when you set status to invisible, it stays as invisible. This novel new feature would help security and privacy. Wow.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Use Camera and Fingerprint to Log in Please!

millions of people with no criminal intentions are going in circles verifying and getting locked out of their skype accounts. people need to make phone calls right away! not tomorrow or next week. we have important business and family calls to make. take out the frustration by allowing us to use our computer camera to recognize our faces and finger print recognition, please.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow to remove permanently all new or old messages

Allow to remove permanently all new or old messages from both parties or contact to grow privacy and decrease harassing for chat history.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base