Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make the "last seen" optional, meaning it can be disabled from the settings

Users should have privacy if they wish and the option to disable or enable the "last seen" feature

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. We are facing issues while we are doing the classes that some other participant remove us,so please insert an option that only the admin ca

We are facing issues while we are doing the classes that some other participant remove us,so please insert an option that only the admin can remove the students. Thank you

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. add screen rotation , join meeting password, only host can remove perticipatents while meeting start. only host can join another in group

join meeting password, only host can remove perticipatents while meeting is running. only host can join another in group

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Make an option to scan the files you want to download in Skype from a Skype scanner

After you click accept in Skype to download a file, make a virus scan called Skype Scanner to make sure the file doesn't have any harm, so you can be 100% complete safe, and make it an advanced scan so you make sure Skype is positive that you are 100% safe.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Private Group Chat Idea

Hello, I really wanted end-to-end encrypted Group Chats, it will improve our security, so can you add this. We need to be safe!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Admin Rights

It should have Admin or Host Control for
    1) recording, screenshots
    2) starting the call and
    3) "delete for all" feature

For Screen view, multiple people can come on single screen at a time.

Also at a time 2 or 3 can be made Host and Co Host to control the meetings or calls.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Make chat history deleted from both sides of blocked contacts

When blocking a contact, delete them from your search history along with the chat history from both sides

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. To be able to delete search history

To be able to delete search history

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Clear all chat history

What the this used to be possible, why did M$ remove this one decent feature??? **** poo-in-loo devs, stop being autistic.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Ruolo amministratore per chat di gruppo - Managing role for group chat

Sarebbe interessante poter scegliere se la chat di gruppo abbia un'amministratore (che sia l'unico che possa avviare la chiamata e che una volta che decida di chiuderla per tutti, nessun altro possa rientrarci) - It would be interesting to be able to choose if the group chat has an administrator (who is the only one who can start the call and that once he decides to close it for all, no one else can return it)

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Permanently removing all aspects of unwanted contacts

Despite blocking someone, or removing them from the view list, many would benefit from an optional feature allowing you to remove a contact from all areas of the platform. Currently when you completely remove someone they still appear when you click in the search bar under the people list. Being able to make it as if your account had never associated with another due to personal reasons would be greatly appreciated.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. gostaria que o Skype adicionasse na sua plataforma, maneira de saber quem me retirou(apagou) durante uma reuniao.

1º gostaria que o Skype adicionasse na sua plataforma, maneira de saber quem me retirou(apagou) da reuniao.
    2º se adicionassem tambem a função de orador comandar quem desliga o som e o video, sem que mais ninguem pode faze-lo a nao ser orador.
    obrigado

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. This is about privacy

I would like the function with privacy that can block the other party being able to start a recording at all. I know we can see if its being recorded but i would like the option of being able to block it in the first place. Many of us need skype more than ever and privacy is paramount. IF this can happen ASAP please

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please make it possible to prevent members of a group call adding other people to the group video call

Please make it possible to prevent members of a group call adding other people to the group video call

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Please increase the privacy settings and allow us to change the username!

Settings such as:
    who can see my phone number?
    who can find me by phone number?
    who can see my last seen time?
    who can find me by username?
    who can see my profile photo?
    who can call me?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Make the "last seen" optional, meaning it can be disabled from the settings

Users should have privacy if they wish and the option to disable or enable the "last seen" feature

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Call waiting

Required call waiting or another call alerts. If I am speaking other number but same time I am getting new calls. They unable to find I am in another line. So they keep on calling and distrubing

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. The ability to delete phone call or chat history

With emails I am able to delete any or all conversations I have had. I would like to see an option that would allow erasure of any or all phone call history and/or chats

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base