Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please make it possible to prevent members of a group call adding other people to the group video call

Please make it possible to prevent members of a group call adding other people to the group video call

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please increase the privacy settings and allow us to change the username!

Settings such as:
    who can see my phone number?
    who can find me by phone number?
    who can see my last seen time?
    who can find me by username?
    who can see my profile photo?
    who can call me?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Unlinking Skype

Why isn't there a way to unlink my Skype account from the Microsoft account already? This entire feature is extremely anti-user friendly since plenty of people want to either delete Skype or put Skype on a totally different Microsoft account. Whether it's because we just have zero need to use Skype, or we may feel as if a brand new account can become a vulnerability, we should always have the ability to unlink and delete our Skype accounts without deleting our Microsoft account.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. The ability to delete phone call or chat history

With emails I am able to delete any or all conversations I have had. I would like to see an option that would allow erasure of any or all phone call history and/or chats

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Limit functionality for kids

Is there a way to limit the following for kids accounts (via the existing parental controls):

• search for people

• add contacts without parental approval

• take photos/videos of others without the other's consent

I have set them up so that they are not visible/searchable (which works well) but there appears to be no controls to limit the above (other than parental hovering).

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Call waiting

Required call waiting or another call alerts. If I am speaking other number but same time I am getting new calls. They unable to find I am in another line. So they keep on calling and distrubing

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Automatically delete chat history

Automatically delete chat history;you can set any length of time

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Delete Multiple Call History At Once

There should be an option to delete all or selected call history

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add fingerprint

Add fingerprint/pin to open the app

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Webcam privacy

There should be an option for Webcam as if the person who doesn't want to be seen in camera can adjust the Webcam settings to not be seen (his/her camera remains close) but only after he/she opens the camera option during the call.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. ВЕРНИТЕ СТАРЫЙ СКАЙП!!!!

НОВАЯ ВЕРСИЯ НИФИГА НЕ УДОБНАЯ!!!! ВЕРНИТЕ 7 ВЕРСИЮ СКАЙПА !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. To be able to delete search history

To be able to delete search history

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Unknowns should not able to call, until i accept their request

Person who have never chatted with me, and sending a request by just a simple hii!, should not be able to call me until and unless i have accepted the request.

Today what i face is:
    I was doing some office work (as this is lockdown time, so wfh is the only way). I got a random hi from a person named Deepak D.
    I was wondering who could it be, just then it strike in my mind, that there is one deepak in my office, this might be tge same one. Before my mind could get into any conclusion,…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Please make a .txt Log file available in skype directory to save the in-meeting activity of Joining,removing and Leaving of participants.

Please make a .txt Log file available in one of skype directory to save the in-meeting activity of Joining , removing and Leaving of participants so that we know who is removing whom and at what time. The Chat window only has the info on who joined and when. Also Guest:xxxxxxxxxxx accounts should not be allowed to join large meetings without proper name and profile pictures.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. When I delete a contact, REALLY delete them from everywhere

When we delete a contact, it must be deleted from 10 locations. Can't you just remove them permanently from everywhere? Privacy > View list, Right click and delete... Search history, Recommendation... The deleted contacts appear everywhere. EVEN IN CHAT EXPORT. I want some privacy here. I want to delete them from EVERYWHERE. Thank you!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. NO Unlink button - Security breach!!

Hello there,

There seem to be already few suggestions made on this, but pleease read this until the end and PLEASE create an "unlink" button!! How can Microsoft have no unlink button for the accounts?

I've recently have had issues that made me change the passwords for my Hotmail and skype or other Microsoft accounts, which were having different recovery email addresses. I have changed my password 5 times in 3 days, because it would let me sign in.

I have spoken to an agent from the technical support and have told me that there is an automatic link/merge of…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Make it possible to unlink legacy Skype accounts from Microsoft accounts.

At the moment accidents where 2 people "share" the same account are "impossible" to fix. As a result, one can read another's conversations and never open Skype account with their own correct Microsoft email.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. how do i delete multiple old chat messages on skype 8.53.0.85?

how do i delete multiple old chat messages on skype 8.53.0.85??? I have old messages from 5 years ago displayed on my skype!! Why?

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Hide chats by default

provide a setting so that all new chats are hidden

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base