Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Remove ur saved password

There should be forget password feature in the skype such that when you remember your password and id, you should be able to remove it too

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I want people to stop being able to see my contacts! There noisy as ****!

I want people to stop being able to see my contacts! There noisy as **** and getting in all my buisness accusing me of things!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Automatically sign out when shutdown Computer

I would like to request for option "Automatically sign out when shutdown Computer". Previously, Skype(without Microsoft) has this option.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Fraud--contact

Hi Skype,
    der should definitly be a way to contact you to alert some fraud.
    Yesterday someone used my account to load money with a third party's credit card details. Unfortunately, there is no way to report such incidents. I have now reset the password and activated 2fa, too bad that there is no help from Microsoft.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Valentin, thank you for your feedback. If you are dealing with any kind of abuse, spam or fake accounts feel free to report it and block them. Here is the link how to do it: https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA10001/how-do-i-report-abuse-by-someone-in-skype

You can also chat with our live support agents through our support page here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/contactus/skype/?needslogin=false&language=en

Hope it helps!

- Petr

6. Stop Spam

Stop sending spam notifications like ... 'Happy Mothers Day'

There is no way to turn this spam off.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Quick access to Security Settings

I changed the primary mail. But it is asking me to wait for a month to enter in to the security setting.

It should be fast so that we can change the setting.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Please Everyone beware.

Everyone please be aware. If you sign out on Android and ask Skype to forget all your details on the device it works . BUT if you uninstall.and reinstall you will be prompted to log onto the account WITHOUT even. Needing any password.. YES THATS RIGHT. I have just been told this is a feature for "convenience" what. This means Microsoft are actually storing our passwords at there server.. 🤫🧐🙄🤔

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Security Hole Between Skype & Paypal

Paypal doesn't require a password to authorise payment after an initial purchase. This is clearly a security flaw, unlocked phones get snatched out of hands all the time. Banks are mandating 2 step authorisation, meanwhile Skype & Paypal have left the door wide open to my bank account, "because it's convenient for users". Wake up guys, Bill Gates won't be happy when his phone gets snatched out of his hand...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Message Spam filtering

Screening of messages and profiles to detect spam (like in any good email provider).
    I don't care if it flags genuine messages from new accounts occasionally, as long as the spam isn't seen.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. HEY HERES AN IDEA LETS US UNISTALL

i dunno having the option to unistall skype from my computer and not having it running 24/7 when not in use

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Protocol Specification

Please release your protocol specification and allow others to implement that. Public audit is the best way to increase security/privacy of your customers (if it is important for you)

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Disable Screen Sharing

Please allow us to disable the screen sharing option completely like we are able to with camera and microphone. As in completely turn the feature off. I don't want to accidentally click the feature and have people seeing private windows or info

Thanks

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Skype needs a huge improvements in privacy and integrety protection settings

GDPR stipulates that no Personal User data should be collected, leaked, displayed, transferred, processed and so on.

Any processing, collection, displaying of personal user data is illegal if there's an alternative way, or a less intrusive way to solve the task for whatever the reason was for collecting or processing said personal information.

GDPR also stipulates that unless Microsoft has a significant business based reason for collecting and processing any personal data, the benefits for the user must outweigh the privacy and integrity violation of said personal data.

Everything in Skype is Personal Data according to the definition in GDPR.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow for select users to see your online status settings

As stated in case #1466064127, there is no way to limit who in your contact list can see your online status. This should be adjustable so only people you select in your contact list can see your online statis.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow the Microsft and Skype logon credentials to really be the same.

Allow the Microsft and Skype logon credentials to really be the same. When I updated this on my MS account, Skype still made me use the old password, which I can't remembr, and I am only able to log on because ••••• keeps a record. Changing the password on the Skype website doesn't change it in the app. I also have a private student, who has spent the last HOUR AND A HALF trying to change his password so he can log on for a lesson over Skype, and he is having no luck either. Skype was really bad before,…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. bring back password

what happened to having to sign on AND use a password to get on skype. that way there is more security. We want that back.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. unknown

SPAMMERS have started using a +000000 number that comes up "UNKNOWN PERSON". There is no way for me to block this type of call without limiting all incoming calls only to contacts. Please provide a way to block this type of call or at least send it directly to voicemail and not allow it to ring.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Sub : Security of Skype Account

Hello,
    Sub : Security of Skype Account

I have two points regarding Security of skype account..
    1st : anyone who uses my laptop, can go into my skype settings, change the email id and put his own email id and whenever he want to misuse my account just will do the forgot password and he will he the password after answering few easy questions.. Contacts that we have are Very Very Important for us, and losing them this easily is a great danger of our work.. So to edit the profile, Please make it SECURE with atleast two steps.. To…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base