Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Know which person in the video call removed you

That's quite annoying when someone anonymously repeatedly removes you from an important video call.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow to remove permanently all new or old messages

Allow to remove permanently all new or old messages from both parties or contact to grow privacy and decrease harassing for chat history.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Why microphone access is mandatory ?

'Contacts' , 'Microphone' ,'Phone', 'Storage' - seems these 4 android permissions are mandatory for using skype for business. Please note if i am using skype just for chat, i do not need microphone or phone access. The storage access is required only if i am transferring or receiving files and it should be 'as when required, user providing basis' instead of MANDATING it to use the application. Contacts permission alone should suffice to use the app for chat purposes. Kindly fix the same as it concerns the end user privacy when i provide microphone access which am sure am not…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Link correct Skype account with Microsoft account

Allow linking original Skype (pre-Microsoft) with Microsoft account. I have a duplicate Skype account that I do not use linked to my MS account. I would very much like to link my correct Skype to my correct MS account. Add Skype account and replace. Doesn't have to delete, but should unlink.

Also be able to change pre-MS Skype Name.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Include the "delete chat history" function that used to exist of the classic skype

The ability to delete your messages to prevent yourself and whoever you sent them to from ever seeing them again was (in my opinion) the best feature lost from the Classic Skype. Discord doesn't have this as a built in feature yet, but it is possible through a browser extension.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Please implement screen lock. PIN or fingerprint lock

Please implement screen lock. PIN or fingerprint lock

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Delete skype history!!!

Delete the history already! One CLICK! Come on!

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. My status changes itself!

I put the status "invisible." But during a day it spontaneously and stubbornly changes to "online" itself , despite the fact that I do not exit Skype or exit - it does not matter .. almost every time I open a page on a windows 10 laptop or android phone, I have to change it to Invisibility from online though I didn't change it myself before. How is this possible? I have a feeling of the presence of another person who, without me knowing, who changes my settings. I'm right? How to avoid this problem or mistake? how to strengthen…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Lock pattern to open app

There should be a lock pattern or code option for accessing the app.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Being able to track harassment call

Hi,

I've been victim of harassment call through Skype,people call me 3-4 times a day without me knowing the person who does that. I contacted my mobile provider and no help can be done unless i change number. Police told me its also very rare that people can get caught. You have to be able to know who's harassing me so i can deposit a file at the police station.

Regards,

Alexander Schroeder

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Meet Now Meeting Password

Why can't I set a meeting password in Meet Now? if URL generated by Meet Now is leaked to a third party, they can access the chat and shared files with guest privileges. I understand the benefits of easy access, but I want to protect my privacy.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add Network Security endpoint section to Skype account and applications, Skype Web access websites

Would be great to add Network Security endpoint section to Skype account and applications, Skype Web access websites.
    Important features: real-time single sign-on statistic - IP, geolocation, device type, possibility to link trusted devices to Skype account,
    geolocation filter for source network and IP. Unusual activity warning, password brute force attack and etc.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Prevent skype recordings or ask permission from host to record calls

Prevent skype recordings or ask permission from host to record calls

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Screenshot removal

When the recipient takes a screenshot of you without your permission, we should have the right to delete it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I want to change my Skype ID

Hi Skype, I want to change my skype ID please it's a request please send me the change ID url so that i can change. i'll be highly thankful to you

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Block group

It should be possible to block group. So that that group can not constantly keep adding you in.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Clarify account recovery procedure and allow more attempts for sending the code

When I get locked out of my account while having two factor authentication enabled, and I don't have my authenticator set up, I get only three attempts to get the code to recover it.

Because of the two step verification, I need to use two codes, one sent via email and one sent via SMS. However, if one of the codes is not working, I need to restart the procedure, and then I can only get one code, and not the other.

This is very frustrating, because I effectively get only one chance to recover my account in 24 hours.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Status

I try to keep my status on invisible, but Skype resets me all the time to "available" That sort of defeats the purpose of asking if I want to remain invisible.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 16 17
  • Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base