Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. privacy

Not found any setting that block video or phone calls. Needed: preferences in settings! If I only wanna chat, there is not setting to disallow phone or video calls!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. password

add local password like telegram , user can assign a local password on entering the application. maybe a windows desktop used by two or more real users.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Surveillance

The verification process of the account is very static, non-user-friendly and very hard to prove that you are yourself, what is causing me a huge headache because now I can't access my skype with the services I paid for... I'm very disappointed with Microsoft... you could be more soft, easy-going...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. notification about skype used

Hi Skype Team! The skype account didn't have a feature of notification for mob and email for all the time its open and used in other device. I am not talking about the verification and notification like Facebooks and google. One time notification. Just add this feature as an optional for a person ease so if he r she can notify about their skype if it is rather used in office while they are not present. This action will take place when the skype is not completely sign out, only when it is closed.
    I am very grateful to you…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Cheers to the dumbest security system

Got on a flight, and have an important conference call during the flight. So I paid $20 US for the inflight WiFi, managed to get connected before the con call started. Then found out I got lock out from my Skype account and not able to retrieve it because I can’t receive any txt or phone call at 10,000 feet.

So now I am using this $20 US WiFi to leave you a thank you message. Cheers to Skype engineers, you guys are bloody brilliant 👏🏻👏🏻

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Security Function to store all messaging / calls on a local server.

As a health service, we need to ensure that all messages and calls are not stored on a cloud or an external server at any given point of time. This ensures any patient identifiers communicated using Skype business to remain confidential.

This will allow our health service to create our own encryption rules or security measures to prevent any breach in data.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. If I were to make a recommendation it would be to have more devolution across the integrated Microsoft services.

If I were to make a recommendation it would be to have more devolution across the integrated Microsoft services. So you can edit you details or close account without shutting down your entire Microsoft account.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Make chat history deleted from both sides of blocked contacts

When blocking a contact, delete them from your search history along with the chat history from both sides

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Please can you give your Users the options to turn off their "Last Seen"? WhatsApp has this option for their Users privacy.

Please can you give your users the options to turn off their "Last Seen"? WhatsApp has this option for their users' privacy.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. mutual contacts problem

i don't want to my contacts see my mutual contacts.
    why you don't revise this problem in skype????
    it is very bad every body in search option if put one word can see some contacts as mutual for other persons have in its contact list.
    maybe someone don't want to share its contacts with others.
    now i for disable mutual contacts had to delete all my contacts in my view list and like this my skype got problem and can't chat with my friends easily and msges deliver with long delay sometimes , please fix and put in skype one…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Engage brain re Scammers and Security

Scammers tend to start their scam by saying that they have noticed unusual activity on your account. It is standard. So why would you write to me saying you have noticed unusual activity on my Skype and expect me to believe it is a genuine email. And sign it The Microsoft Team. All scammers sign themselves as a team or your friends at. THINK - write to us so we are less likely to dismiss you as scam artists. You have just wasted around hrs of my time trying to get this sorted and I resent that, particularly as I…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. New privicy setting

Allow users to automatically block unknown calls and messages. Set up a feature where only only contacts who are on the user's contact list are allowed to call them.

Plus at a quick report button for unwanted spam messages and scam calls

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. I do not want skype to start up automatically. When I am done with a skype call I will just uninstall skype

I do not want skype to start up automatically. When I am done with a skype call I will just uninstall skype

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Do not let my messages gone without my knowledge and consent!

I have encountered a partially loss of my chat history at least twice - in the fall 2019 and in January 2020. Messages have unexpectedly been missed from both my and my contact's side, and the lost parts of the conversations have not been retrieved from the server via the chat history export feature. How can it be possible with the current cloud structure of Skype?!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Security email does not match skype email

The email listed on my account as my primary (and only) skype email did not match the one that microsoft had on file as my security recovery email. There was no way for me to know this, and I had to contact customer service and have them walk me through the steps to fix the issue. This process was so confusing that I couldnt complete it without help (for example, after putting in my username and password and choosing the "I cant verify" option, I then went to a second screen and then that screen sent me to the login…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. ALLOW A FEATURE THAT WOULD ONLY ALLOW CALLS AND MESSAGES FROM PEOPLE IN YOUR CONTACT LIST

Have A feature that only allows calls and messages from people in your contact list.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Delete skype history!!!

Delete the history already! One CLICK! Come on!

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base