Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Developer

Please add toll for connecting security team direct chat and solve account related problem directly connecting with person.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add option for group creator to delete other people's messages

Please add the option for group creators / admins to delete other people's messages. A lot of people post spam links in group chats and there is no way to delete them, even though I am the group owner!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Ads are Curtailing Privacy

Please remove the advertisements from Skype

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. hide last time online

Ability to hide your last time online.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I would like the calls and message to not show up on my phone bill. I’m not comfortable with others knowing who I call within the bill.

I wish that skype would just be listed on their own app history rather than going onto my phone bill. I’m in a family plan and it’s uncomfortable for others to see the exact numbers I’ve called. Rather than having free calls show up on the bill, I would rather have it stay onto the history option in the app.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. When I delete a contact, REALLY delete them from everywhere

When we delete a contact, it must be deleted from 10 locations. Can't you just remove them permanently from everywhere? Privacy > View list, Right click and delete... Search history, Recommendation... The deleted contacts appear everywhere. EVEN IN CHAT EXPORT. I want some privacy here. I want to delete them from EVERYWHERE. Thank you!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. sctive session

please add " active session " to be able to log out from all or some devices(mobile and desktop). As a security and privacy feature its essential

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Deleting Messages From People Not in Your Contact List

How do we delete messages from people we do not know nor want to be contacted by. The messages from them remain and we should be able to delete them.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Please enable Skype uninstall. Thank you.

Skype is ancient tech eating my battery/power and electricity user is paying for.
    It also slows down the system (look at cumulative CPU utilization for the Skype user does NOT even open first time yet).
    Thus MUST be able to uninstall or at least disable Skype.
    You were cool in 199x with IE4,IE5. Your time is over. Sorry.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Skype caller id problem

If caller id is hidden, the receiver of the call gets an "awkward" caller id on his phone. With me it is +82 44, so the mobile of the receiver interprets this as a call from Korea. As I have nothing to do with Korea, a lot my "receivers" do not want to pick up the phone as they suppose this is a scam call. Hide caller id should hide the complete info and thus display unknown caller, nothing more.
    Please investigate and solve as this is not working for me and I suppose for others neither.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Make it possible to disable automatic status change.

Impossibility to change this value allows other users to know what I'm doing. This is a violation of my privacy.
    I must have a possibility to control applications on my computer to avoid them share my private life. When Skype change my status to away after inactive period of time it violates the privacy policy.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. when the vedio call is on the other person should not record it

the other person who is on a vedio call should not record it. this is for a personal security

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Phishing Notice

Avoid phishing concerns by not holding accounts ransom unless a phone number is provided! "not saving phone numbers" is a myth that only the most innocent would trust.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Make it possible to unlink legacy Skype accounts from Microsoft accounts.

At the moment accidents where 2 people "share" the same account are "impossible" to fix. As a result, one can read another's conversations and never open Skype account with their own correct Microsoft email.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. STOP SPAM CALLS

There is not enough security on the Skype account. Many spam calls have been coming on my Skype. They do not even show up in the caller history. in fact, there is no caller history at all. The caller was also very inappropriate and could not be blocked as the number was not showing up. In fact, I also temporarily deleted the account as the calls were continuous at random times. What can I do to avoid this?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. There needs to be a better verification process.

The only secondary verification option is a form that takes days to process? I am in shock at such inefficiency. Do better.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. It is recommended to add one key to delete all conversation functions, and add friend authentication and group authentication processes

It is recommended to add one key to delete all conversation functions, and add friend authentication and group authentication processes

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base