Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Unknowns should not able to call, until i accept their request

Person who have never chatted with me, and sending a request by just a simple hii!, should not be able to call me until and unless i have accepted the request.

Today what i face is:
    I was doing some office work (as this is lockdown time, so wfh is the only way). I got a random hi from a person named Deepak D.
    I was wondering who could it be, just then it strike in my mind, that there is one deepak in my office, this might be tge same one. Before my mind could get into any conclusion,…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Deletion of account over blackmailing

If someone threatens you or blackmail you over Skype. Account of that person should be deleted after report received by victim.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Status changing by itself often

Hello,
    I have updated to your new update the other day and the issue I have reported many times is still happening. Under no circumstances should the status change from “Invisible” to “Online” without the account holder doing it themselves. Please fix this bug so the status won’t change for any reason. Thanks

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Ruolo amministratore per chat di gruppo - Managing role for group chat

Sarebbe interessante poter scegliere se la chat di gruppo abbia un'amministratore (che sia l'unico che possa avviare la chiamata e che una volta che decida di chiuderla per tutti, nessun altro possa rientrarci) - It would be interesting to be able to choose if the group chat has an administrator (who is the only one who can start the call and that once he decides to close it for all, no one else can return it)

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1497076547

No dar control total a todos los usuarios de un chat grupal. Recuperar los roles de Listener o Speaker

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Automatic convicted *** offenders check upon registration for Skype, Microsoft ect.

Background checks to keep the cyber crime down, Skype is a pool of online minors performing making money off ******** desperate people , mostly from the phillipines ect. Nothing is safe anymore.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Excesivo tiempo de espera

Hola mi sugerencia es que deben acortar el tirmpo de esperar para verificar una información, 30 dias es excesivo y mas para una persona que lo necesita para estar en comunicación constante. A demas, colocar como requisito en el formulario la antigua clave cuando quiero cambiar el correo porque no se la clave para que me llegue el codigo de seguridad. Deben cambiar un poco eso

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Impossible to delete old hacked groups. Skype vulnerability to hackers.

Good morning Sirs, this is not an idea, it is a high priority compliance.
    5 years ago i created a conversation group on skype, to manage a congress of the Space Renaissance International.
    That group was hacked, and used for years by spammers.
    I thought it was deleted, but recently some friends noticed to me that it is still alive and spamming around.
    Chatting with Microsoft support, i learned that currently there's no way to eliminate a group, nor to remove the members one by one, since it was created years ago.
    There must be a function to remove groups,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Ability to log out - requiring actual log in (not simply re-launch)

Would like to see option to sign out (and require actual log in, at relaunch of application), while still retaining settings and account information.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add fingerprint

Add fingerprint/pin to open the app

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Link correct Skype account with Microsoft account

Allow linking original Skype (pre-Microsoft) with Microsoft account. I have a duplicate Skype account that I do not use linked to my MS account. I would very much like to link my correct Skype to my correct MS account. Add Skype account and replace. Doesn't have to delete, but should unlink.

Also be able to change pre-MS Skype Name.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. privacy

Not found any setting that block video or phone calls. Needed: preferences in settings! If I only wanna chat, there is not setting to disallow phone or video calls!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. password

add local password like telegram , user can assign a local password on entering the application. maybe a windows desktop used by two or more real users.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Surveillance

The verification process of the account is very static, non-user-friendly and very hard to prove that you are yourself, what is causing me a huge headache because now I can't access my skype with the services I paid for... I'm very disappointed with Microsoft... you could be more soft, easy-going...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. notification about skype used

Hi Skype Team! The skype account didn't have a feature of notification for mob and email for all the time its open and used in other device. I am not talking about the verification and notification like Facebooks and google. One time notification. Just add this feature as an optional for a person ease so if he r she can notify about their skype if it is rather used in office while they are not present. This action will take place when the skype is not completely sign out, only when it is closed.
    I am very grateful to you…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Cheers to the dumbest security system

Got on a flight, and have an important conference call during the flight. So I paid $20 US for the inflight WiFi, managed to get connected before the con call started. Then found out I got lock out from my Skype account and not able to retrieve it because I can’t receive any txt or phone call at 10,000 feet.

So now I am using this $20 US WiFi to leave you a thank you message. Cheers to Skype engineers, you guys are bloody brilliant 👏🏻👏🏻

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Security Function to store all messaging / calls on a local server.

As a health service, we need to ensure that all messages and calls are not stored on a cloud or an external server at any given point of time. This ensures any patient identifiers communicated using Skype business to remain confidential.

This will allow our health service to create our own encryption rules or security measures to prevent any breach in data.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. If I were to make a recommendation it would be to have more devolution across the integrated Microsoft services.

If I were to make a recommendation it would be to have more devolution across the integrated Microsoft services. So you can edit you details or close account without shutting down your entire Microsoft account.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Make chat history deleted from both sides of blocked contacts

When blocking a contact, delete them from your search history along with the chat history from both sides

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Please can you give your Users the options to turn off their "Last Seen"? WhatsApp has this option for their Users privacy.

Please can you give your users the options to turn off their "Last Seen"? WhatsApp has this option for their users' privacy.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base