Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Know which person in the video call removed you

That's quite annoying when someone anonymously repeatedly removes you from an important video call.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please make a .txt Log file available in skype directory to save the in-meeting activity of Joining,removing and Leaving of participants.

Please make a .txt Log file available in one of skype directory to save the in-meeting activity of Joining , removing and Leaving of participants so that we know who is removing whom and at what time. The Chat window only has the info on who joined and when. Also Guest:xxxxxxxxxxx accounts should not be allowed to join large meetings without proper name and profile pictures.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. We are facing issues while we are doing the classes that some other participant remove us,so please insert an option that only the admin ca

We are facing issues while we are doing the classes that some other participant remove us,so please insert an option that only the admin can remove the students. Thank you

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. gostaria que o Skype adicionasse na sua plataforma, maneira de saber quem me retirou(apagou) durante uma reuniao.

1º gostaria que o Skype adicionasse na sua plataforma, maneira de saber quem me retirou(apagou) da reuniao.
    2º se adicionassem tambem a função de orador comandar quem desliga o som e o video, sem que mais ninguem pode faze-lo a nao ser orador.
    obrigado

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Tengo un problema con mi nombre de usuario, ya que coincide con mi dirección de correo electrónico asociado a mi cuenta de Skype

Modificar mi nombre de usuario por el problema nombrado aquí abajo:
    Me gustaría que se pudiera solucionar este error ya que el nombre de usuario no debería coincidir ni con el número de teléfono ni con el correo electrónico, ya que con esa finalidad se usa precisamente el nombre de usuario que es para que la gente te añada a través de él sin necesidad de dar más datos, pero si en mi caso coincide con mi dirección de correo electrónico es un error de la aplicación que me gustaría que lo modificarán para poder volver a usar mi cuenta.…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Meet Now Meeting Password

Why can't I set a meeting password in Meet Now? if URL generated by Meet Now is leaked to a third party, they can access the chat and shared files with guest privileges. I understand the benefits of easy access, but I want to protect my privacy.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Restrict access to 'gif' files to improve parental controls

During this 'lockdown' period many grandparents are communicating with grandchildren online. Easy access to the internet via 'gif' files could be restricted to improve online safety.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. dissappointing servise from skype

my skype is not showing online status buffring all the time not working properly. due to more and more chat history . i told customer care for delete history please they said you have to do one by one .

skype service is crazy . they are not reday to slove matter or delete history

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Prevent skype recordings or ask permission from host to record calls

Prevent skype recordings or ask permission from host to record calls

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Locking meetings

Hello. I do like Skype, but I would like to be able to "lock" my "meetings" in Skype, as I do in Zoom.

This would add one more security protection.

Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Limit functionality for kids

Is there a way to limit the following for kids accounts (via the existing parental controls):

• search for people

• add contacts without parental approval

• take photos/videos of others without the other's consent

I have set them up so that they are not visible/searchable (which works well) but there appears to be no controls to limit the above (other than parental hovering).

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Please make it possible to prevent members of a group call adding other people to the group video call

Please make it possible to prevent members of a group call adding other people to the group video call

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Call waiting

Required call waiting or another call alerts. If I am speaking other number but same time I am getting new calls. They unable to find I am in another line. So they keep on calling and distrubing

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Automatic video recording for set calls

My ex and I are court ordered to use Skype for his supervised visits with our children and I'm suppose to record every call. It would be nice if there was a way that all of their calls for just that person was time stamped and recorded without me having to click record every time. Like if there was a way for it to start to record as soon as the call was answered from that particular person and was time stamped for court purposes. My children that are suppose to answer 5 & 7 so they are not suppose…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Block group

It should be possible to block group. So that that group can not constantly keep adding you in.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Clear all chat history

What the this used to be possible, why did M$ remove this one decent feature??? **** poo-in-loo devs, stop being autistic.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Please create an option for deleting the search history in skype for names searched to not pop-up for privacy issues, thank you.

This option will let our private searched or contacted person be hidden and not to be found out just by looking into the search results even after the chat and call history is deleted.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Permanently removing all aspects of unwanted contacts

Despite blocking someone, or removing them from the view list, many would benefit from an optional feature allowing you to remove a contact from all areas of the platform. Currently when you completely remove someone they still appear when you click in the search bar under the people list. Being able to make it as if your account had never associated with another due to personal reasons would be greatly appreciated.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. LOCAL PASSCODE FOR SKYPE

Local passcode will may very necessary and useful features for this app. You should give this feature in it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Private conversations in teams for up to 30 people

Private conversations are only available so it seems on a one to one basis
    For security purposes it would be great if thsi could be expandend

regards
    gfboulogne
    rotterdam

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base