Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. submit

to be able to have to accept photos and videos before they are on my page...i know some people send photos so they can add spyware in someones computer, I just had someone send pics I hadn't approved and cant even delete them

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Admin Rights

It should have Admin or Host Control for
    1) recording, screenshots
    2) starting the call and
    3) "delete for all" feature

For Screen view, multiple people can come on single screen at a time.

Also at a time 2 or 3 can be made Host and Co Host to control the meetings or calls.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Skype is periodically loosing mouse. Reboot doesnt help. Skype is one of the worst Microsoft **** programs with ****** Windows10.

Skype is periodically loosing mouse. Skype and Windows 10 from Microsoft is one of the worst software ***** ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. People need to be able to Block the entire fraud Area code 833

Block entire area codes because there is a fraud area code 833 these scammers are calling everyday from a different number. I need to block an entire area code not each puppet phone number one by one.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Lock pattern to open app

There should be a lock pattern or code option for accessing the app.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Hide chats by default

provide a setting so that all new chats are hidden

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Stop incoming friend requests

Be given the opportunity to disallow incoming friend requests. This would be handy for people like myself who have quite a sought after username and, as such, get a lot of spam adds and calls from bots everyday. I don't want to have to scroll through 300 friend requests/missed calls from bots to find what my friend messaged me yesterday. Spoke to your Twitter team and they advised I post this idea here.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Why do you make sure we update?

Why do you make sure we update? Why not just bring back support for older versions of Skype? Is it so difficult for you? Do you like it when people leave the project? You would return support for older versions of Skype, there would be no such noise. And you would think about the elderly people, how they were not comfortable in "Skype 8"!!! You would think of older people first than killing a normal Skype!!! Now, when I download classic Skype, I always see a survey in it: either update, or go fuck yourself. So that... I advise you…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. add screen rotation , join meeting password, only host can remove perticipatents while meeting start. only host can join another in group

join meeting password, only host can remove perticipatents while meeting is running. only host can join another in group

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Please increase the privacy settings and allow us to change the username!

Settings such as:
    who can see my phone number?
    who can find me by phone number?
    who can see my last seen time?
    who can find me by username?
    who can see my profile photo?
    who can call me?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Alert: Intrusion of privacy

I was accidently invited in a group chat. I didn't noticed the invitation. So I hadn't refused it yet, but I also didn't accept it. And yet I was still able to see the content of their group chat. This is a huge intrusion of their privacy. Their is a famous Flemish saying by Tom Lenaerts "Waar zijn jullie mee bezig boys? Los het op!" Meaning: What the f*ck are you doing, boys? Fix it! Thank you. (Sorry for the mistakes in writing, I'm not a native English speaker)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Unlinking Skype

Why isn't there a way to unlink my Skype account from the Microsoft account already? This entire feature is extremely anti-user friendly since plenty of people want to either delete Skype or put Skype on a totally different Microsoft account. Whether it's because we just have zero need to use Skype, or we may feel as if a brand new account can become a vulnerability, we should always have the ability to unlink and delete our Skype accounts without deleting our Microsoft account.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. To be able to delete search history

To be able to delete search history

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I moduli di recupero

I moduli di recupero per recuperare un account bloccato con un'informazione di ripristino non più utilizzabile (un vecchio indirizzo mail), sono inutili!!! Ne avrò compilati almeno 200 in due anni!!! Non funzionano trovate un altro sistema, fanno soltanto perdere tempo. Sono 2 anni che tento di recuperare un account e non sono ancora riuscito!!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. "Active status" and "accessed time status" should be disabled.

Active status and activated status should be disabled so as to maintain privacy.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Screen Privacy

I'd love to have a feature where I don't have to share my entire screen, but a selected application only.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base