Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. A toggle switch to disable Skype's recording feature

I teach on Skype a lot, and prefer that my sessions NOT be recorded by my students, because these sessions are between the student and I, and no one else. Forwarding such lessons once they are recorded is too easy! I would like to see some kind of option where >I< can prevent the other party from recording a Skype video call. Thank you.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Skype security feature removal

I do not wish to have the new security feature that was added to Skype numbers that will need you to press a button for the call to connect. It is featured to avoid Spam calling to the Skype number. An option to have this feature removed if wishes to do so should be an option for my Skype account as I do not wish to be forced into a feature I do not approve of as it has made it difficult to receive calls from a landline with out key numbers to dial past the prompt (dial 2 to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Ability to turn off "block unwanted calls" for non USA Skype Numbers

Ability to TURN OFF: "Allow Skype to block unwanted calls" for Skype Numbers outside of USA. I have Australian and UK Skype numbers, and by default - Skype has a Challenge & Repsonse system meaning callers calling the Australian or UK numbers are forced to press a number on their keypad by default beofre the call will actually be placed to my Skype numbers. This is a business KILLER. Skype users need to be able to turn this feature OFF for all countries - NOT just USA Skype Numbers. It should NEVER have been trned on by default, and is…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Being able to track harassment call

Hi,

I've been victim of harassment call through Skype,people call me 3-4 times a day without me knowing the person who does that. I contacted my mobile provider and no help can be done unless i change number. Police told me its also very rare that people can get caught. You have to be able to know who's harassing me so i can deposit a file at the police station.

Regards,

Alexander Schroeder

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add facial recognition

Since pretty much all new smart phones support facial recognition I think it would be a great way to add further security to people’s accounts

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add Network Security endpoint section to Skype account and applications, Skype Web access websites

Would be great to add Network Security endpoint section to Skype account and applications, Skype Web access websites.
    Important features: real-time single sign-on statistic - IP, geolocation, device type, possibility to link trusted devices to Skype account,
    geolocation filter for source network and IP. Unusual activity warning, password brute force attack and etc.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Screenshot removal

When the recipient takes a screenshot of you without your permission, we should have the right to delete it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I want to change my Skype ID

Hi Skype, I want to change my skype ID please it's a request please send me the change ID url so that i can change. i'll be highly thankful to you

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Why microphone access is mandatory ?

'Contacts' , 'Microphone' ,'Phone', 'Storage' - seems these 4 android permissions are mandatory for using skype for business. Please note if i am using skype just for chat, i do not need microphone or phone access. The storage access is required only if i am transferring or receiving files and it should be 'as when required, user providing basis' instead of MANDATING it to use the application. Contacts permission alone should suffice to use the app for chat purposes. Kindly fix the same as it concerns the end user privacy when i provide microphone access which am sure am not…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Penambahan fitur

Halo, kalau boleh menyampaikan ide atau saran menurut saya sebaiknya di skype harap ditambahkan fitur untuk melihat account skype tsb sign in di perangkat apa saja dan tambahkan juga fitur untuk sign out account di perangkat yang tidak diinginkan. Terima kasih, sehat dan sukses terus!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Include the "delete chat history" function that used to exist of the classic skype

The ability to delete your messages to prevent yourself and whoever you sent them to from ever seeing them again was (in my opinion) the best feature lost from the Classic Skype. Discord doesn't have this as a built in feature yet, but it is possible through a browser extension.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Make an option to scan the files you want to download in Skype from a Skype scanner

After you click accept in Skype to download a file, make a virus scan called Skype Scanner to make sure the file doesn't have any harm, so you can be 100% complete safe, and make it an advanced scan so you make sure Skype is positive that you are 100% safe.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. permission should be required to enter a group meeting

permission should be required by host of meeting to enter in a meeting

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Private Group Chat Idea

Hello, I really wanted end-to-end encrypted Group Chats, it will improve our security, so can you add this. We need to be safe!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 2 factor authentication

I know that Skype already have a 2FA but its not really effective because people can still log in to your account if they know your password and your 2FA will not notify you to accept or deny the log in request.

So i think its a good idea if the 2FA can be used to notify us and let us accept or deny our log in attempt that may not come from the real owner of the account.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Please implement screen lock. PIN or fingerprint lock

Please implement screen lock. PIN or fingerprint lock

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. группы в черном списке (groups in black list)

Я покидаю группу, меня добавляют обратно БЕЗ МОЕГО СОГЛАСИЯ.
    Минимум - не хватает настроек приватности как на многих ресурсах.
    Максимум - нужно наконец добавить возможность добавления ГРУПП в черный список.

Ну вот не хочу я быть в группе, а людей добавлять в черный список не хочу - это не решение.

I leave the group, they add me back WITHOUT MY CONSENT.
    Minimum - there are not enough privacy settings as on many resources.
    Maximum - you need to finally add the ability to add GROUPS to the black list.
    Well, I don’t want to be in the group, and I…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Alerting Skype to scam / phishing accounts

There are people using skype to represent companies that they do not work for and they are conducting fake interviews where they ask for personal information

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base