Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. i dont want it but cant seem to get rid of it!

Any ideas on how to remove from my hot bar and laptop altogether?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Photo and video record.

To record or taking picture should be possible only with permission of the other person as well. If picture has been taken and shown in the picture media or gallery both person should be able to remove a picture of them they do not want to be taken. At the moment it can be removed only by the person who took the photo shot of the other person without the other person`s permission or his/her option to remove it.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Sign in verification

Your sign in verification is not working. My skype account has been hacked. A contact sent me a screen shot of the conversation I had with her, that I did not have, asking for money. In other words, she thought she was conversing with me and it was with someone hacking my account. I want two stage verification through my phone. You mention that you offer it. It has worked once or twice but mostly you do not come through.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. where did the delete chat history disappear ?

cant find out how to delete history. had to google it
    it's hiding somewhere

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Disable Screen Sharing

Please allow us to disable the screen sharing option completely like we are able to with camera and microphone. As in completely turn the feature off. I don't want to accidentally click the feature and have people seeing private windows or info

Thanks

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow for select users to see your online status settings

As stated in case #1466064127, there is no way to limit who in your contact list can see your online status. This should be adjustable so only people you select in your contact list can see your online statis.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow the Microsft and Skype logon credentials to really be the same.

Allow the Microsft and Skype logon credentials to really be the same. When I updated this on my MS account, Skype still made me use the old password, which I can't remembr, and I am only able to log on because ••••• keeps a record. Changing the password on the Skype website doesn't change it in the app. I also have a private student, who has spent the last HOUR AND A HALF trying to change his password so he can log on for a lesson over Skype, and he is having no luck either. Skype was really bad before,…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Please make it able to change pssword to the old one. It's much easier for me

Please make it able to change pssword to the old one. It's much easier for me

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Update Skype without Admin Access

I should able to update my skype application without admin permission. As we are working in an organization we don't have admin access. Whenever we need to update it is difficult to call admin team everytime.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. where is the chat history control?

where is the chat history control?

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Logout all devices

Logout all devices option!!!!!!!!!!!
    It’s a standard security feature for modern services! Especially those with all your private data!!

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. login history activity from at least the past 12 months. not only the past 30 days.

as of now there is no way to find out who have accessed our skype accounts without our permission in the past. all we can view is the last 30 days. which is frustrating.
    we need to view at least the last 12 months. so we assure that no one has ever accessed our accounts without our permission for a peace of mind.

the ability to view and download all login history sessions ip's with the following.

what type of skype app/method used to login:
    skype desktop app
    skype android app
    skype web
    skype linux app etc...

also specifie the…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. profile update

Make it easy to update! It was before.. now you have to jump into 50000000 hooops... login to Microsoft, etc.. who wants to login to Microsoft to update a profile...
    frustrating!!!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Change password without being redirected to the website

Change password without being redirected to the website

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Being able to offer ideas for the program without having to tick a box to get loads of emails back about products that I dont want to receiv

Being able to offer ideas for the program without having to tick a box to get loads of emails back about products that I don't want to receive thank you.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I’m stolen the phone and I can’t change my Skype password.

I’m stolen the phone and I can’t change my Skype password. I added my mail and I need to wait two months when you check it. To change the my.

I need to change it now. I spent 1 day but didn't find contact email

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Купил номер для звонков из США. Звонят спамеры из США и ошибочные номера. Перестаньте делиться моим номером!

Купил номер для звонков из США. Звонят спамеры из США и ошибочные номера. Перестаньте делиться моим номером!

I bought recently skype phone number. Now I receive calls from spamers and from wrong numbers. Please stop sharing my skype number!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. All chats & calls should be end to end encrypted as standard & not as as option

All chats & calls should be end to end encrypted as standard & not as as option

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base