Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Block all contact request

Please make it possible to block all contact request. I'm being swamped with 5-10 spam contact requests per day. I don't want to receive any contact requests at all.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. En privant ses utilisteurs d'avoir la possibilité de dénoncer vraiment une escroquerie Skype est complice des escrocs

Skype rste en retrait face aux escrocs en ne proposant qu'une option de blocage qui effectivement elle permet de bloquer le compte de l'arnaqueur, ne permet pas de décrire ce qui s'est passé en vue d'engager une enquête approfondie.
    En ça Skype laisse un champ libre aux arnaqueurs. D'ailleurs, La question du nombre de victimes via skype n'a plus de raison d'être tellement le phénomène est important de nos jours.
    ce phénomène particulièrement inquiétant permet à des personnes peu scrupuleuses de s’enrichir en harcelant la vie de certains internautes.
    Ce type de chantage consiste en effet à séduire une personne…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I am requesting Skype add a setting for recognizing a VPN and allowing calls to be completed without having to disable the VPN.

Skype must create an option setting to allow VPN to work. If I have to disable my security to make a phone call the whole concept is worthless.

I have had Skype and VPN compatible on my laptop previously and now I'm being told I HAVE to turn it off to use Skype. What kind of security is that?

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Skype is apparently wide open for spam

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/skype/forum/all/spam-in-skype/6241abf0-85af-4a20-a054-c9b4701f0775

Skype is allowing bots to send messages or contacts requests. It is clearly spam, and I'm sure the Skype team has it registered.

This security breach is serious.

Please advise how to:

1. Only allow chats from contacts or

2. Block chats from non-contacts +

3. Stop the security issue with chat/contact requests from bots

Thanks.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I don’t want people to be able to message me, just because they have my email address

It means that spam gets through on my device, which is really annoying. On the brink of deleting the app from my phone. If someone is not on my contact list, they have no business writing me messages. End of story.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. transaction references between Skype account and bank transaction

for ease of reconciliation & easily identify fraudulent act, I would suggest to have common reference number with the bank transaction.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. HEY HERES AN IDEA LETS US UNISTALL

i dunno having the option to unistall skype from my computer and not having it running 24/7 when not in use

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Privacy setting

Basic details like date of birth n other details th should be viewed by contacts only. profile picture privacy setting should be included as well

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Disconnecting VPN to use SKYPE

Skype support tells me I now have to disconnect from my VPN to use Skype. They say for their security, but it is giving up my privacy on my computer, for tracking! I have been using Skype and VPN for years, long before Microsoft purchased it. Now Microsoft wants to gain more access. Is this what the community sees as a positive move. This just started this last week, at least with my Skype and VPN.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Remove ur saved password

There should be forget password feature in the skype such that when you remember your password and id, you should be able to remove it too

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. If i sign out account..pls put option of forgot.

If i sign out account..pls put option of forgot.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Update of Skype for Mac without administrator login

Skype for Mac repeatedly requests administrator authentification for updates. Google Chrome and many other programs don't need this. Please fix.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. We should allow incoming calls from anyone , even if they are not in your contacts.

People sometimes get online language lessons and it's really hard for them to allow calls from their tutor.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Signing in always requires password option

Please reinstate the sign in always requires a password for security as an option. Every time I sign out I have to tell Skype to forget my settings! Then when I sign in again reset them.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Stop Spam

Stop sending spam notifications like ... 'Happy Mothers Day'

There is no way to turn this spam off.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Sub : Security of Skype Account

Hello,
    Sub : Security of Skype Account

I have two points regarding Security of skype account..
    1st : anyone who uses my laptop, can go into my skype settings, change the email id and put his own email id and whenever he want to misuse my account just will do the forgot password and he will he the password after answering few easy questions.. Contacts that we have are Very Very Important for us, and losing them this easily is a great danger of our work.. So to edit the profile, Please make it SECURE with atleast two steps.. To…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Security system -Manual frind request approval. For removing hacking.

Please allow the caller to call only after the request approved by the receiver. Do not let any (basterds and as...les) to hacked the account.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. transfer to unsupported regions

I feel any skype user once verified , should be able to transfer money to another verified contact , in any country.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base