Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Logout all devices

Logout all devices option!!!!!!!!!!!
    It’s a standard security feature for modern services! Especially those with all your private data!!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. login history activity from at least the past 12 months. not only the past 30 days.

as of now there is no way to find out who have accessed our skype accounts without our permission in the past. all we can view is the last 30 days. which is frustrating.
    we need to view at least the last 12 months. so we assure that no one has ever accessed our accounts without our permission for a peace of mind.

the ability to view and download all login history sessions ip's with the following.

what type of skype app/method used to login:
    skype desktop app
    skype android app
    skype web
    skype linux app etc...

also specifie the…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. profile update

Make it easy to update! It was before.. now you have to jump into 50000000 hooops... login to Microsoft, etc.. who wants to login to Microsoft to update a profile...
    frustrating!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Change password without being redirected to the website

Change password without being redirected to the website

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Being able to offer ideas for the program without having to tick a box to get loads of emails back about products that I dont want to receiv

Being able to offer ideas for the program without having to tick a box to get loads of emails back about products that I don't want to receive thank you.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I’m stolen the phone and I can’t change my Skype password.

I’m stolen the phone and I can’t change my Skype password. I added my mail and I need to wait two months when you check it. To change the my.

I need to change it now. I spent 1 day but didn't find contact email

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Купил номер для звонков из США. Звонят спамеры из США и ошибочные номера. Перестаньте делиться моим номером!

Купил номер для звонков из США. Звонят спамеры из США и ошибочные номера. Перестаньте делиться моим номером!

I bought recently skype phone number. Now I receive calls from spamers and from wrong numbers. Please stop sharing my skype number!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. All chats & calls should be end to end encrypted as standard & not as as option

All chats & calls should be end to end encrypted as standard & not as as option

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Message Spam filtering

Screening of messages and profiles to detect spam (like in any good email provider).
    I don't care if it flags genuine messages from new accounts occasionally, as long as the spam isn't seen.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Bulk erasing of history

Bulk erasing of history

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. DEAR SKYPE, GET RID OF RIDICULOUS SECURITY QUESTIONS, PLEASE

DEAR SKYPE TEAM!

TODAY I UNFORTUNATELY HAD THE DISPLEASURE OF TRYING TO REACTIVATE MY ACCOUNT WHICH HAS FOR SOME MYSTERIOUS REASON BEEN FLAGGED.
    AFTER APPROXIMATELY 30 MINUTES OF MY VALUABLE TIME WHICH I WILL NEVER GET BACK AND WHICH WAS AS ENJOYABLE AS SOMEONE PULLING YOUR HAIR OUT STRAND BY STRAND WHILE SIMULTANEOUSLY SCRATCHING THE CHALKBOARD WITH YOUR OWN NAILS, I WAS TOLD BY YOUR AUTOMATED SYSTEM THAT I HAVE NOT PROVIDED YOU WITH ENOUGH INFO TO REACTIVATE MY ACCOUNT.
    INFO THAT I HAVE KINDLY PROVIDED YOU WITH INCLUDES SOME OF THE FOLLOWING (THE LIST IS NON-EXHAUSTIVE):
    MY DATE OF…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Touch ID and Face ID Login

Hi,
    Could you please make the option to require Touch ID or Face ID to log into Skype on iPhone and Android. This option is already available on many other apps. Thanks.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Verification process to real people like FB and Twitter has

Verification process of an Account, to stop fakes/pedophiles from taking advantage of underage girls since the beginning of Skype software creation.

Make it possible to verify real celebrities with a blue check mark and make it possible to verify normal people with a green check mark and don't them change their name anymore once verified. The verified person needs to have a actual official website or other verified social media account linked to Skype to get verified and there also some other options to prove of course, it's just an idea.

Why? Pedophiles/Fakes are using celebrity account names to pretend…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. reinstate the option of deleting old Im messages. The new version is ridiculous in that there isn't an easy way to do this

Please reinstate the option to delete old conversations. I like to clear mine out often as I use the IM option only on my skype. These new updates of skype have made that almost impossible to do.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Stop sharing my contacts with others without my permission

Please immediately disable automatically sharing contact lists for the "People You May Know" feature, and create an explicit opt-in setting. Due to contact list asymmetry, accounts with few contacts can identify which other addresses their 1st degree contacts have in their contact list, without the 1st degree contact expressly sharing that information. This can have adverse effects in terms of unintended disclosure in private life and business contexts.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Good job of sharing contacts!Now my clients and providers know each other. you'll bear responsibility for this privacy violation!

A stupid ridiculous idea of sharing my contacts with everyone forces me to completely remove my skype account. And I am going to discuss this issue with my lawyer.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Option to NOT SHARE contacts ASAP!

Make an option to NOT share contacts ASAP and have it on by default. It's a violation of privacy to force users share their contacts with others without our consent. I DO NOT CONSENT

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Turn off Invasion of Privacy. Do not expose my contacts.

You have exposed my contacts to all my other contacts. I also know who my contacts have been chatting to. Horrible invasion of privacy. Please turn this off or at least give us the option of our lives remaining private.

To say I now feel awkward is an understatement. I am now party to personal information because of what you have exposed to me about people I know.

You could have at least made this an option or warning when you add a contact that they will be exposed to all your other contacts. I clearly missed this and thought…

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base