Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. why not use a 4 to 6 digit number password prompt for if you when aways for a certain time as u stay log in.

This is for hotmail, outlook and skype, all these app should ask for a digit password if you stay aways for a certain time couple minutes, nothing intrusive but to prevent someone who gain acces to youre pc while youre are away and connect into these app and web page and check all our personal stuff, you should be promt to enter the digit password after a certain time, and some of the folder should have same option to put an extra password to access them if we want to. this is too easy someone can access to you're computer…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Find some way to verify credit cards as mine was used illegally.

Verify the card being used belongs to the person that is using it. My debit card was compromised by Skype. Bank told me my call was not the only one they had received regarding compromised cards.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Filter/block new contact requests.

Make it possible to filter and block new contact requests/messages.

Going from 'do not allow messages from people not in my contactlist', 'to do not accept messages from unknown users containing userdefined keywords or links or pictures or videos ..

Atm Skype leaves its user more open to spammers than ever before. What use is it that the industry spends millions in work hours to reduce email spam etc - when you remove any chance of protecting yourself on a platform as Skype ?
    Let it be up to the user to decide who they will allow to contact them…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. There needs to be a better verification process.

The only secondary verification option is a form that takes days to process? I am in shock at such inefficiency. Do better.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. [Privacy] Skype contacts get auto-added

I am having this huge security and privacy concern about Skype contacts and its ability to auto-adding people that I might have in my contact list into my Skype Contact book. These are people that I might have their contact info (phone number, email address...), but somehow now they are appearing , with their Skype ID that I never asked/added, automatically on my contact list in Skype, along with few hundreds others.

I have already contacted Skype support and they seem to also in the unknown for this problem. And where it might have manifest from. Is this a setting…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Turn off last seen

Please provide the option to turn off last seen. People should have the option to have privacy.

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Where is the delete a whole conversation button?

I used to be able to delete a whole thread of a conversation in one go but can't seem to find this feature and need it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. we need for sure block any muber 918 to many phone form this numers 10 time day

How Block nr 918 hi coll many time but hi change last number soe we need block any 918 ??

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Block all contact request

Please make it possible to block all contact request. I'm being swamped with 5-10 spam contact requests per day. I don't want to receive any contact requests at all.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Security of skype

Hacker uses concierge bot to associate with Notification to steal contact and spy skype. Pls help solve proble

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. there is no option to clear skype search history

there is no option to clear skype search history !!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 20th century security verification process. Fail!

I live in Australia and am visiting Japan. Skypes ancient security verification process has stopped me from using the program. Fail! I keep hearing that it's all in the interest of account protection. No other chat program has this problem and if they did they use a better, faster system to verify.
    I have no choice but to use another chat program. I won't be buying Skype credit in the future.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Confused, thank you!

I was in China used free vpn to get contact with skype support and accepted remote controll, but the stuff wrote dev.microsoft.com afterwards. I do not know if there were any corelation - later, hacker came into my computer via microsoft acount, i could not call for those service I payed, later, I could not call to skype contacts, later my skype was locked, I could not logg in.
    I found also skype translator was in my contacts and Boot support also in my skype-none of them were verified by microsoft, I do not know how these happened.
    and all…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add GROUP to Black list

Ability to HIDE forever some groups or add them to black list as contacts

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Developer

Please add toll for connecting security team direct chat and solve account related problem directly connecting with person.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add option for group creator to delete other people's messages

Please add the option for group creators / admins to delete other people's messages. A lot of people post spam links in group chats and there is no way to delete them, even though I am the group owner!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I would like the calls and message to not show up on my phone bill. I’m not comfortable with others knowing who I call within the bill.

I wish that skype would just be listed on their own app history rather than going onto my phone bill. I’m in a family plan and it’s uncomfortable for others to see the exact numbers I’ve called. Rather than having free calls show up on the bill, I would rather have it stay onto the history option in the app.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Stop sending us **** commercials in "Skype"

After the release of the so-called Skype version 8, we have to live with streams of unsolicited **** commercials in Skype. When will you fix that?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base