Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Security Function to store all messaging / calls on a local server.

As a health service, we need to ensure that all messages and calls are not stored on a cloud or an external server at any given point of time. This ensures any patient identifiers communicated using Skype business to remain confidential.

This will allow our health service to create our own encryption rules or security measures to prevent any breach in data.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Option to clear call list in Skype web client and application

Here is no options to clear or delete call list, both in Skype web client and application.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Deleting Messages From People Not in Your Contact List

How do we delete messages from people we do not know nor want to be contacted by. The messages from them remain and we should be able to delete them.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. delete unwanted request from people list. thank you

delete unwanted request from people list. thank you

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. If I were to make a recommendation it would be to have more devolution across the integrated Microsoft services.

If I were to make a recommendation it would be to have more devolution across the integrated Microsoft services. So you can edit you details or close account without shutting down your entire Microsoft account.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Please enable Skype uninstall. Thank you.

Skype is ancient tech eating my battery/power and electricity user is paying for.
    It also slows down the system (look at cumulative CPU utilization for the Skype user does NOT even open first time yet).
    Thus MUST be able to uninstall or at least disable Skype.
    You were cool in 199x with IE4,IE5. Your time is over. Sorry.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Skype is apparently wide open for spam

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/skype/forum/all/spam-in-skype/6241abf0-85af-4a20-a054-c9b4701f0775

Skype is allowing bots to send messages or contacts requests. It is clearly spam, and I'm sure the Skype team has it registered.

This security breach is serious.

Please advise how to:

1. Only allow chats from contacts or

2. Block chats from non-contacts +

3. Stop the security issue with chat/contact requests from bots

Thanks.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Please can you give your Users the options to turn off their "Last Seen"? WhatsApp has this option for their Users privacy.

Please can you give your users the options to turn off their "Last Seen"? WhatsApp has this option for their users' privacy.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 4 Digit PIN code to open/unlock the app

4 Digit PIN code to open/unlock the app

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I don't want Skype employees eavesdropping on my calls

Microsoft has meanwhile admitted that Skype employees and partner companies listen to Skype conversations. I want an option in the privacy settings to revoke permission for this. This should be disabled by default.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I need the ability to clear my cache and history for my privacy

Please include the clear cache and history options for my paid private conversations. I also want to setup secure ports for my privacy.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Make it possible to disable automatic status change.

Impossibility to change this value allows other users to know what I'm doing. This is a violation of my privacy.
    I must have a possibility to control applications on my computer to avoid them share my private life. When Skype change my status to away after inactive period of time it violates the privacy policy.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Engage brain re Scammers and Security

Scammers tend to start their scam by saying that they have noticed unusual activity on your account. It is standard. So why would you write to me saying you have noticed unusual activity on my Skype and expect me to believe it is a genuine email. And sign it The Microsoft Team. All scammers sign themselves as a team or your friends at. THINK - write to us so we are less likely to dismiss you as scam artists. You have just wasted around hrs of my time trying to get this sorted and I resent that, particularly as I…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Sign Out from Other Device Feature.

Please Add The Feature Of Signout From All Other Device On Click And Confirm That With Password.

This Is Best Option For Security And Signout From Previous Signing Unknown Device Or Signing By Mistake In Other Device.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I do not want skype to start up automatically. When I am done with a skype call I will just uninstall skype

I do not want skype to start up automatically. When I am done with a skype call I will just uninstall skype

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Do not let my messages gone without my knowledge and consent!

I have encountered a partially loss of my chat history at least twice - in the fall 2019 and in January 2020. Messages have unexpectedly been missed from both my and my contact's side, and the lost parts of the conversations have not been retrieved from the server via the chat history export feature. How can it be possible with the current cloud structure of Skype?!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Security email does not match skype email

The email listed on my account as my primary (and only) skype email did not match the one that microsoft had on file as my security recovery email. There was no way for me to know this, and I had to contact customer service and have them walk me through the steps to fix the issue. This process was so confusing that I couldnt complete it without help (for example, after putting in my username and password and choosing the "I cant verify" option, I then went to a second screen and then that screen sent me to the login…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. where did the delete chat history disappear ?

cant find out how to delete history. had to google it
    it's hiding somewhere

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base