Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make sure public discoverability is turned OFF by default for child accounts.

I just set up a child email/Microsoft account for my daughter, which is required to enable family safety and security features on the PC. However it seems to actually increase the risks to her safety, because common-sense safety or security settings are OFF by default, and it takes many hours to discover how they can be enabled.

For instance, although she has never used skype, a skype account was automatically created for her with the Microsoft account, and the "appear in search results" defaults to ON.

As a result an unknown middle aged man has attempted to contact her via…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Deletion of account over blackmailing

If someone threatens you or blackmail you over Skype. Account of that person should be deleted after report received by victim.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. ALLOW A FEATURE THAT WOULD ONLY ALLOW CALLS AND MESSAGES FROM PEOPLE IN YOUR CONTACT LIST

Have A feature that only allows calls and messages from people in your contact list.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 1497076547

No dar control total a todos los usuarios de un chat grupal. Recuperar los roles de Listener o Speaker

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. enable the editing of number others can find me by on skype

enable the editing of number others can find me by on skype it's located in the privacy sector to be enabled or disabled but not edit for some reason?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. KEEP my status the SAME way I set it last time I opened the application

I set my status to "Invisible". Next time I open it, it is "Available". EVERY time. In the 15 years I have used Skype (since about 2003), YOU haven't done this, except for a span of time where you kept changing my status without my choice or permission. Then you left it alone, and now you are changing it again. No matter how I set it, you reset it. Repeatedly.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Hide your location | make country information private

Make it possible not to indicate the country or region in the profile, or the opportunity to make this information private.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add possibility to hide "live:..." Skype name

Showing email in skype name is not very securely.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Automatic convicted *** offenders check upon registration for Skype, Microsoft ect.

Background checks to keep the cyber crime down, Skype is a pool of online minors performing making money off ******** desperate people , mostly from the phillipines ect. Nothing is safe anymore.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Excesivo tiempo de espera

Hola mi sugerencia es que deben acortar el tirmpo de esperar para verificar una información, 30 dias es excesivo y mas para una persona que lo necesita para estar en comunicación constante. A demas, colocar como requisito en el formulario la antigua clave cuando quiero cambiar el correo porque no se la clave para que me llegue el codigo de seguridad. Deben cambiar un poco eso

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Impossible to delete old hacked groups. Skype vulnerability to hackers.

Good morning Sirs, this is not an idea, it is a high priority compliance.
    5 years ago i created a conversation group on skype, to manage a congress of the Space Renaissance International.
    That group was hacked, and used for years by spammers.
    I thought it was deleted, but recently some friends noticed to me that it is still alive and spamming around.
    Chatting with Microsoft support, i learned that currently there's no way to eliminate a group, nor to remove the members one by one, since it was created years ago.
    There must be a function to remove groups,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. where is the chat history control?

where is the chat history control?

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Ability to log out - requiring actual log in (not simply re-launch)

Would like to see option to sign out (and require actual log in, at relaunch of application), while still retaining settings and account information.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Stop sharing my contacts with others without my permission

Please immediately disable automatically sharing contact lists for the "People You May Know" feature, and create an explicit opt-in setting. Due to contact list asymmetry, accounts with few contacts can identify which other addresses their 1st degree contacts have in their contact list, without the 1st degree contact expressly sharing that information. This can have adverse effects in terms of unintended disclosure in private life and business contexts.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Ads are Curtailing Privacy

Please remove the advertisements from Skype

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. privacy

Not found any setting that block video or phone calls. Needed: preferences in settings! If I only wanna chat, there is not setting to disallow phone or video calls!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Surveillance

The verification process of the account is very static, non-user-friendly and very hard to prove that you are yourself, what is causing me a huge headache because now I can't access my skype with the services I paid for... I'm very disappointed with Microsoft... you could be more soft, easy-going...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Cheers to the dumbest security system

Got on a flight, and have an important conference call during the flight. So I paid $20 US for the inflight WiFi, managed to get connected before the con call started. Then found out I got lock out from my Skype account and not able to retrieve it because I can’t receive any txt or phone call at 10,000 feet.

So now I am using this $20 US WiFi to leave you a thank you message. Cheers to Skype engineers, you guys are bloody brilliant 👏🏻👏🏻

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base