Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. SHOW THAT YOU OR BUSY OR IN A CALL OR YOU DONT WANT TO BE DISCRUB OR YOU WANT PRIVACY

SHOW THAT YOU OR BUSY OR YOU IN A CALL OR YOU DONT WANT TO BE DISCRUB OR YOU WANT PRIVACY

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make account recovery a "human in the loop" action.

The account recovery app assumes records are available on use years in the past. *** u me precludes recovery otherwise. Either put a person in the loop, or allow failed recovery attempts to be resolved by a person in the loop.

All automatic fails to meet (this) customer needs.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Unknowns should not able to call, until i accept their request

Person who have never chatted with me, and sending a request by just a simple hii!, should not be able to call me until and unless i have accepted the request.

Today what i face is:
    I was doing some office work (as this is lockdown time, so wfh is the only way). I got a random hi from a person named Deepak D.
    I was wondering who could it be, just then it strike in my mind, that there is one deepak in my office, this might be tge same one. Before my mind could get into any conclusion,…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. mutual contacts problem

i don't want to my contacts see my mutual contacts.
    why you don't revise this problem in skype????
    it is very bad every body in search option if put one word can see some contacts as mutual for other persons have in its contact list.
    maybe someone don't want to share its contacts with others.
    now i for disable mutual contacts had to delete all my contacts in my view list and like this my skype got problem and can't chat with my friends easily and msges deliver with long delay sometimes , please fix and put in skype one…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. New privicy setting

Allow users to automatically block unknown calls and messages. Set up a feature where only only contacts who are on the user's contact list are allowed to call them.

Plus at a quick report button for unwanted spam messages and scam calls

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. When I delete a contact, REALLY delete them from everywhere

When we delete a contact, it must be deleted from 10 locations. Can't you just remove them permanently from everywhere? Privacy > View list, Right click and delete... Search history, Recommendation... The deleted contacts appear everywhere. EVEN IN CHAT EXPORT. I want some privacy here. I want to delete them from EVERYWHERE. Thank you!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Make it possible to unlink legacy Skype accounts from Microsoft accounts.

At the moment accidents where 2 people "share" the same account are "impossible" to fix. As a result, one can read another's conversations and never open Skype account with their own correct Microsoft email.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. password

add local password like telegram , user can assign a local password on entering the application. maybe a windows desktop used by two or more real users.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. notification about skype used

Hi Skype Team! The skype account didn't have a feature of notification for mob and email for all the time its open and used in other device. I am not talking about the verification and notification like Facebooks and google. One time notification. Just add this feature as an optional for a person ease so if he r she can notify about their skype if it is rather used in office while they are not present. This action will take place when the skype is not completely sign out, only when it is closed.
    I am very grateful to you…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Clear all chat history

What the this used to be possible, why did M$ remove this one decent feature??? **** poo-in-loo devs, stop being autistic.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. STOP SPAM CALLS

There is not enough security on the Skype account. Many spam calls have been coming on my Skype. They do not even show up in the caller history. in fact, there is no caller history at all. The caller was also very inappropriate and could not be blocked as the number was not showing up. In fact, I also temporarily deleted the account as the calls were continuous at random times. What can I do to avoid this?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. LOCAL PASSCODE FOR SKYPE

Local passcode will may very necessary and useful features for this app. You should give this feature in it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Private conversations in teams for up to 30 people

Private conversations are only available so it seems on a one to one basis
    For security purposes it would be great if thsi could be expandend

regards
    gfboulogne
    rotterdam

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Webcam privacy

There should be an option for Webcam as if the person who doesn't want to be seen in camera can adjust the Webcam settings to not be seen (his/her camera remains close) but only after he/she opens the camera option during the call.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. ВЕРНИТЕ СТАРЫЙ СКАЙП!!!!

НОВАЯ ВЕРСИЯ НИФИГА НЕ УДОБНАЯ!!!! ВЕРНИТЕ 7 ВЕРСИЮ СКАЙПА !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 24 * 7 how to make online

when some saw my profile at the time 24 * 7 it will show online. how to make ? is this possible? any way available mean to send the link, please...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 24 * 7 how to make online

when some saw my profile at the time 24 * 7 it will show online. how to make ? is this possible? any way available mean to send the link, please...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Parental administration access

My 15yr old daughter has Autism and loves to have the independence to use Skype to talk to her school friends and other family members. She is unaware of the social dangers that platforms like Skype can pose and we have recently been aware that she has been using the search facility to try and find friends but has ended up trying to contact random Skype members. I think that it would be good for parents to have some sort of password protected administration access to allow them to create a contact list for their child so that the child…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Option to cancel invitation

Refer to my case 1497717395. I accidentally chat my friend's old account and now that account linger in my profile unable to be remove or delete. Already contacted CS and he can't remove it either due to he doesn't have access to cancel chat invitation...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Keep Status of Skype intact

Please update Skype to keep my status as "Away", like I used to be able to do in older versions of skype (v 7.4).

I want to keep myself "Away" permanently if I wish, the way the old skype worked, where you could set it once and it remained that way until you changed it to another status regardless if you signed out or not.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base