Welcome to Skype Ideas!

UPDATEMicrosoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more.

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.
Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.

• If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!

The Skype Team
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please provide a option to find out how many devices are linked with a Skype account.

I am using Skype for almost 6/7 months and have logged into 5-6 devices at my work place but currently I don’t remember that in which devices I have been using my Skype so I think it will be great to find out how many devices are active and using my Skype.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Fix or remove "Less passwords. Adding WAM support to Windows 10." Allow logging out of ALL accounts with a click.

MODIFY OR ELIMINATE THIS FEATURE: "Less passwords. Adding WAM support to Windows 10 so you can switch between multiple accounts without a prompt to enter a password every time."

The way it is set up now in Windows 10 YOU CANNOT LOG OUT OF ALL ACCOUNTS. One account always appears and logs in with a click. There is no easy way to disable that so that no account appears and logs in with a click. All of the work arounds are cumbersome and inconvenient.

LET THE USER DECIDE WITH A CLICK if they want an account to stay logged in…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Resell

Please allow resell skype products i can resell 100k subscription every month with skype manager or make panel for resellers

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Give users sole control over their active status

Give users sole control over their active status, automatic updates can still be an option. However the current system changes the status erroneously far too often, simply allowing the user to decide whether they are active or away (permanently) would completely mitigate this issue.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. VPN

VPN should show as "ACTIVE" from my call screen, or otherwise show the general location of my IP address, that way if the VPN happens to drop or the IP Address otherwise changes since the last call was made, I know and can take action accordingly.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Security protocols

Please do not lock an account ever time a person is logging from a different country, some of us travel a lot and have Microsoft not as their first account, but one that holds special or old information, but not for everyday use. Why don’t you provide a phone call verification like some providers Apple to verify your new access on new equipment or location.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Convert Legacy Skype Names to Default Generic ID

Let us convert our Legacy Skype Name to the current naming scheme which is much more generic and secure, in comparision to potentially compromised Legacy Skype Names.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Remove 'Last seen..' & adjust time before status changes to 'Away'.

The ability to remove and/or change the time elapsed before your status automatically changes to 'Away' or 'last seen..'

These options were available in previous versions of Skype so I assume they were removed accidentally because only a colossal moron would think it's a good idea to 'remove' privacy options in this day and age.

Generally people want MORE privacy options, not less.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. See who is trying to connect with me

User Story / Pain:
    When someone is trying to connect with me on Skype, I need to check who it is in order to decide whether to accept the connection or not. Currently I find no obvious way to do that.

Feature Suggestion:
    Allow the receiver of a contact request be able to see the senders info and to initiate a chat with them as if they we were already contacts. That way the receiver can more easily verify the senders identity, thus avoid scammers / phishing while accepting legitimate connections.

Rationale:
    By sending me a contact request, they have…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Password change

The user should be able to reset the password using the secondary email id or phone number.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. [VIDEO RECORDING] - [SCREEN RECORDING]

Rather than having just the ability to take screenshots, the ability to take screen recordings would be magnificent.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. make youself completely private. NO ONE CAN CONTACT OR ADD YOU. SO much SPAM!

make youself completely private. NO ONE CAN CONTACT OR ADD YOU. SO much SPAM!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Fix contact request bug

Fix the bug for malicious software spamming contact request despite privacy setting already set to "DO NOT appear in search result"

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Block spam messages

Block requests and messages from spam/scam accounts.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 20 21
  • Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base