Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. If you have Skype on more than 1 device you should be able to turn off the one your not using

Turn off on the devices you are not using it because I loan my phone or tablet out and I will go off when another one does

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. cloudflare

cloudflare to improve dns traffic in slow internet area as well improve security

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. update

update the skype app without requiring an admin password. it will be easier to update on office laptops in which installing apps are blocked.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Make the "last seen" optional, meaning it can be disabled from the settings

Users should have privacy if they wish and the option to disable or enable the "last seen" feature

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Make the "last seen" optional, meaning it can be disabled from the settings

Users should have privacy if they wish and the option to disable or enable the "last seen" feature

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. My status changes itself!

I put the status "invisible." But during a day it spontaneously and stubbornly changes to "online" itself , despite the fact that I do not exit Skype or exit - it does not matter .. almost every time I open a page on a windows 10 laptop or android phone, I have to change it to Invisibility from online though I didn't change it myself before. How is this possible? I have a feeling of the presence of another person who, without me knowing, who changes my settings. I'm right? How to avoid this problem or mistake? how to strengthen…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow to remove permanently all new or old messages

Allow to remove permanently all new or old messages from both parties or contact to grow privacy and decrease harassing for chat history.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Acabo de descubrir que después de bloquear un con

Acabo de descubrir que después de bloquear un contacto los archivos que compartiste con esta persona siguen estando disponibles, creo que por seguridad de los usuarios, una vez que bloquees un contacto, las fotos, los archivos y cualquier otro elemento compartido debería bloquearse también. Personalmente me genera mucha desconfianza haber descubierto ese detalle

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. submit

to be able to have to accept photos and videos before they are on my page...i know some people send photos so they can add spyware in someones computer, I just had someone send pics I hadn't approved and cant even delete them

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Admin Rights

It should have Admin or Host Control for
    1) recording, screenshots
    2) starting the call and
    3) "delete for all" feature

For Screen view, multiple people can come on single screen at a time.

Also at a time 2 or 3 can be made Host and Co Host to control the meetings or calls.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Skype is periodically loosing mouse. Reboot doesnt help. Skype is one of the worst Microsoft **** programs with ****** Windows10.

Skype is periodically loosing mouse. Skype and Windows 10 from Microsoft is one of the worst software ***** ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. People need to be able to Block the entire fraud Area code 833

Block entire area codes because there is a fraud area code 833 these scammers are calling everyday from a different number. I need to block an entire area code not each puppet phone number one by one.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Lock pattern to open app

There should be a lock pattern or code option for accessing the app.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Hide chats by default

provide a setting so that all new chats are hidden

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Stop incoming friend requests

Be given the opportunity to disallow incoming friend requests. This would be handy for people like myself who have quite a sought after username and, as such, get a lot of spam adds and calls from bots everyday. I don't want to have to scroll through 300 friend requests/missed calls from bots to find what my friend messaged me yesterday. Spoke to your Twitter team and they advised I post this idea here.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Why do you make sure we update?

Why do you make sure we update? Why not just bring back support for older versions of Skype? Is it so difficult for you? Do you like it when people leave the project? You would return support for older versions of Skype, there would be no such noise. And you would think about the elderly people, how they were not comfortable in "Skype 8"!!! You would think of older people first than killing a normal Skype!!! Now, when I download classic Skype, I always see a survey in it: either update, or go fuck yourself. So that... I advise you…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16
  • Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base