Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Credit Support for Iranian Students

Hi,

I have a request and wanted to share an idea with you about that. You may have heard from the news that due to the protests, the Internet in Iran has been shut down for about more than 48 hours and it is not clear at all whether the government is willing to allow Iranians to use the internet again.

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/11/18/middleeast/iran-protests-explained-intl/index.html

Because of that, many Iranian students studying abroad cannot reach their loved ones in any way. Most of us have been using the Skype trial credit to contact our families (via their mobile or landline phones), however, I…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Paid products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Refund ignored

I have purchased or subscribed to this promo- World unlimited calls last September 21, 2019. The purchase was made through Apple.

I tried to use this subscription but it never works for me. So I reported this issue to Skype support and I requested for refund. The person from skype support then referred me to Apple. Immediately, I logged a report to Apple and got feedback that my purchase does not meet condition for a refund.

What a respond! I could not simply get a refund from a skype subscription that I have not used at all.

What a deceiving…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Hello Microsoft Skype ******** ! Where the **** are my incoming call logs ?

Hello Microsoft Skype **** ! Where the are my incoming call logs ?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Give us – something like a full-blown phone system. With all the features, call waiting, three-way calling, call forwarding, call block etc.

I don't mind paying a little extra furry phone system that works properly. This is the only VoIP phone I have ever used that has minimal problems. Other than Google voice. Please add many more features. I pay for this every month for the last five years so I hope you do something to help it be more like a regular phone system.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. if there was a way to move credits between users and refund credit back to the master account and then if needs be back to the original card

if there was a way to move credits between users and refund credit back to the master account and then if needs be back to the original card ourselves it would be most helpful for the future.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Ability to add Welcome message

Skype In - dial in number.
    A mandatory feature has been added to our Skype-In number requiring callers to press a random digit 0-9 in order to connect call. Your support team has advised us this was a new feature implemented to limit/ stop SPAM callers.

We would like the ability to personalise the welcome message, and record our own voice asking the user to press a number to be connected through. In this way callers can be certain they have reached the correct company.

It is very unfriendly the way it has been currently implemented.
    Thank you.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Please DO NOT require auto-recharge on an initial skype credit purchase. This is manipulative sales!

Please DO NOT require auto-recharge on an initial skype credit purchase. This is manipulative sales!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Skype Subscrption purchase

This is regarding Subscription of Skype, when we purchase skype subscription you should give option of auto renewal and no auto renewal.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Skype could have a service that charges a premium retrieve fee for those lost their skype numbers after 90 day. Lost a 10 year number set,

Skype could have a service that charges a premium retrieve fee for those lost their skype numbers after 90 days. and the number remains available..
    Lost a 10 year number I am very upset !
    It is my fault 100% but with a such service, Skype make money and the customer will be happy..
    Win Win situation

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Here is my idea of fairness

This is a complaint that your live service support suggested I direct to this website. I have paid for several 30 min credits lately for Pay as you Go to UAE from Sweden, which is advertised on your website at 1,23kr/minute.
    However, for the latest 30krx2 period, I only spoke for 20 minutes before my credits were finished. Your service support person said that the per minute price is higher than what is quoted on your web site, which is then false advertisement. I certainly don't want to be overcharged and not get what I am paying for. Please correct…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Unlimited calls to mobile phones to venezuela

Venezuela is going through a very rough time, social, humanitarian, economic, electric power and political crisis, people outside the country cannot afford to pay hundreds of dollars when we also have to help our families to cover for their expenses due to what I previously mentioned, services provided by the state government are not reliable, landlines have become unpopular due to the phone company negligence and upkeep, my 80-year-old mother only relies on her cellphone, I can't afford your current rates to call her.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Paid products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Support is weak to call Middle east and Africa Destinations (Mobile calling more important than landline)

Dear Sirs,

I'm interested about Mobile and Landline unlimited Mins, but i have problem with your destinations and country.

My request as specified in the following:
    1- I am interested in (the Middle East and Africa more than America & Europe (Mobile 90% and landline 10%) unlimited Mins monthly package.

2-I want to show a certain number when calling any destination.

Kindly inform me about my request if it's possible.

Regards,

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Skype number transfer from personal to Skype manager account.

Skype number transfer. I have a situation, when I need to transfer my skype number from my personal account to my Skype manager account due to lack of features like SIP in the personal account. But I found that it is possible only after 3 months of inactivity and after my number goes to sale again with no guarantee that someone can't buy it before me. Please make such kind of transfer possible! I don't want to lose my number!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Paid products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. free calls in USA and Canada phone numbers

I hope your guys making free calls in USA and Canada phone numbers
    same as many app
    Google hangout is best in that
    and paid calls for foreign countries

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Free Mobile Features !

We should not have to pay for the telephone calls and the SMS messages . They should come free with Skype

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please enable option for providing GSTIN details for customers from India.

Please enable option for providing GSTIN details for customers from India. As per GST rules, any seller needs to mention the GSTIN if customer provides one for taking input credit on the sale of goods/services.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. the customer should know if purchasing service or product from Skype- if it's a foreign or american purcahse.

the customer should know if purchasing service or product from Skype- if it's a foreign or American purchase. I made two purchases from Skype, one was from Redmond, Washington and the other was from Luxembourg.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Get Skype Number in Taiwan

If you sign up for Skype in Taiwan, your account is automatically tagged to PChome by Default AND you CANNOT use the Skype In Numbers service. I CAN'T get a skype number in Taiwan.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I was intending to use skype as a second phone.

I was intending to use skype as a second phone but not being able to make sense of the billing charges has made me think twice, connection charges don't tally with the statements and amount charged for a call. Statements MUST include the connection fee for EACH call, if I am paying for something I want to know how much I am paying this must be obvious to anyone preparing statements. The reason I am annoyed about this is simply this: After calculating the cost of the call using the info displayed before I made the call I couldn't find…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Hi I just purchased a Skype US number 1 917 720 3221

I purchased a US Skype number and there is NO WAY I can make it work. I have tried it with different friends and it doesn’t ring on my Skype app, I tried logging through Microsoft and nothing. It’s not true that’s as easy as buy a number and then send it to all your contacts. The Skype number doesn’t ring on the Skype App or anywhere!
    Whats the point of having a number if it doesn’t ring anywhere. I have been trying to contact Skype support for two days and nothings

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base