Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Skype's subscription issue

When making payments for Skype susbscription, the only option seen is saving customer's fnancial details so as to make auto-subscriptions. This is absolutely wrong. They give customers no other option and a type of incentive would have been given to customers whereby when they are on active auto-subscription, their unsed talktime should be made to roll over to the next subscription but this isn't the case. Skype subscription is so faltered. If nothing positive is done about this, I'll make this go viral on Twitter.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Paid products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Paid products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. refund credits at anytime

refund my money at anytime

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. World unlimited calling in mobile and landlines.

There should be a subscription for unlimited calling to mobile and landline. This subscription we can apply to all team members in skype admin manager.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Paid products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Caller ID for Hungary Skype numbers. Thanks

Activate the possibility to have caller ID available on Hungary Skype Numbers. Thanks

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I want to register my phone number but my country (Japan) is not in the list. It blocks my calls.

There is no place where I can reach customer service so I'm writing here.
    I pay for Skype credits to call phones but it doesn't work because I can't register my phone number.

I want to register my phone number but my country (Japan) is not in the list. It blocks my calls.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Make Free Phone Call

If Only the phone call was free for 30 minutes everyone would want to buy a plan!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. THIS IS A COMPALINT

THIS IS A COMPLAINT: After being a client for 10 years with Skype for Hong Kong Unlimted, I switched on 19 May 2020 to 400 minutes monthly plan under an annual subscription. The first month 400 minutes did not cover all the calls and I paid for the remianing minutes while the second month I had a 95 minutes credit remaining and only to find out the unused minutes will be forefaited with a new monthly cycle! This condition is NOT made known to me while I was suggested this plan by Skype. FOREFAITING REMAINING CREDIT MINUTES IS NOT FAIR…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Unlimited Europe Price Change Very Discouraging

Recently Skype changed their Europe Unlimited Mobile and Landlines plan from £16.80 to nearly £30.

This is supremely unfriendly to people who have been paying £16.80 for years. I am currently using a number I had purchased off skype for my business and had the subscription so people could call the landline number and have it divert to a mobile phone. We would also return missed calls using skype. It was a great way to keep track of calls.

I am now stuck in a situation where if I would like to keep my business number I have been using…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Subscription

The subscriptions in South Africa Are Limited, which is very unfair compared to the other countries that get far better offers than People in South Africa please add more subscriptions to South Africa such as Unlimited Mobile calls just like you have in the united states.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I need the tel no. Has a message receive function

I need the tel no. Has a message receive function because nowadays banks, etc companies need to send ppl the verify codes for identity checking.

If it can do this, I will consider to have a number in the future.
    Please let me know.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Cancel subscription button on skype number parameters really does not exist

It would be nice that the Cancel subscription button on skype number parameters really does exist. There is no way to cancel a US skype number currently

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. add an upgrade link to change web skype to Skype for Business

add an upgrade link to change web skype to Skype for Business

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Skype Number/Calling subscription renewal - India

I have been subscribed to these 2 services for about 3-4 years now and until last Jan 2020 everything was running smooth. My card was expired in the payment options so I had to add new one, and I did and now I cannot renew my skype number subscription it says I have to do it only Skype Credit not through card. Skype Credit charges more plus it will only allow to charge 1770/- in single charge, where as my subscription is more than 2882/- , this means I have to do multiple credit recharges and multiple taxes. But to…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Skype meeting entertainment

I run a nationwide company that provides entertainment for events: caricature artists, magicians, etc'. In the wake of the COVID crisis some of our clients have held Skype meetings and asked us to provide remote entertainment via Skype. I'm wondering who I might speak to at Skype about offering this kind of service THROUGH Skype. There is high demand for this right now, if we can put our options in front of clients hosting Zoom events, but there won't be high demand for it once the crisis passes, so time is of the essence. Let me know, please.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Conference call to a landline for elderly people in corona-time

Is it possible to restore the function of calling to a landline during conference calls? My father is currently in a nursing home and my mother, brother, sister and I would like to have a conference call because my father sometimes has too little for one day on his one single person call. Because my mother is already elderly and panic about the corona virus, she does not want us to use a shared telephone. This is because the nursing staff only has time to contact one of us by telephone once a day. Unfortunately my father is not able…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. WEB Page Button to Retry an online payment

Guys. I did not make a payment for my Italian Subscription yesterday but I got online and did it with your online help.
    What would be really do was if you had a button on the WEB page that said "Try Payment Again NOW". That way I could do it easily.
    OK. Thanks.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Paid products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Open skype while in COVID-19, then older people can talk with family. And maybe they will stay if they like it.

Op dit moment zitten veel oudere vast in een verzorgingshuis zonder enige vorm van contact met hun familie (man, vrouw, kinderen of kleinkinderen).
    Indien jullie skype openen zullen zij weer contact kunnen leggen, en als het ze bevalt zullen ze misschien wel blijven.

Indien dit een mogelijk is zal ik mij inzetten om ervoor te zorgen dat bv een mediamarkt of coolblue of andere firma zal kunnen gaan voorzien in apparatuur.

Met vriendelijke groeten,
    Joost Nooijen

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. refund

Since 4 months , i am awaiting for my refund, every month i am requesting to skype but till now o positive action at all... my skype id is rginsan

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Custom Ringtones is a must feature, for using paid phone number on Skype. For business, it is professional in my opinion.

For a paid service, this should be an option as more and more people are using these phone numbers for business. Makes it embarrassing to receive a skype call in the middle of a meeting or during business events.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base