Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Dutch local numbers

Please add Dutch local numbers as useable Skype numbers.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Paid products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I'd like a custom phone number; something easy to remember/similar to my current #. Have an option for checking availability of a custom #

I'd like a custom phone number; something easy to remember/similar to my current phone number; or one that would spell a word making it easy for others to identify or remember. for example: 875-6833 in my area code. How would I check if it is available, like one would do if they wanted a custom license plate? I want this phone number because when it's spelled, it is a cliché I use often. If you add this option, can I have this number for free for making this suggestion? I'd like it with a 312 or 630 area code, however…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Skype's subscription issue

When making payments for Skype susbscription, the only option seen is saving customer's fnancial details so as to make auto-subscriptions. This is absolutely wrong. They give customers no other option and a type of incentive would have been given to customers whereby when they are on active auto-subscription, their unsed talktime should be made to roll over to the next subscription but this isn't the case. Skype subscription is so faltered. If nothing positive is done about this, I'll make this go viral on Twitter.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Paid products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Caller ID for Hungary Skype numbers. Thanks

Activate the possibility to have caller ID available on Hungary Skype Numbers. Thanks

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Very little subscription options for international call

very little subscription options for international call.. and once subscription ran over it started charging with higher rate and extra for every connection .. so end up paying almost 2 cents for every call after 800 subscription ran over..

It will be better if you can have more flexibility for creating subscription based on individual usage.. of allow adhoc top up in middle of month

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Open skype while in COVID-19, then older people can talk with family. And maybe they will stay if they like it.

Op dit moment zitten veel oudere vast in een verzorgingshuis zonder enige vorm van contact met hun familie (man, vrouw, kinderen of kleinkinderen).
    Indien jullie skype openen zullen zij weer contact kunnen leggen, en als het ze bevalt zullen ze misschien wel blijven.

Indien dit een mogelijk is zal ik mij inzetten om ervoor te zorgen dat bv een mediamarkt of coolblue of andere firma zal kunnen gaan voorzien in apparatuur.

Met vriendelijke groeten,
    Joost Nooijen

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. How about a human being available to help

customer service in a human form?????

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow unused credits to roll over and accrue! Why would unused credits expire? We are buying them after all as part of our subscription

If Skype credits are included with an Office 365 Subscription, at the rate of 60 credits per month, then we become owners of a product we paid for. If I add funds to my Starbucks card, Starbucks does not "expire" my funds if I don't use them by a certain date. That would be theft and fraud. This is no different. If I purchase an Office 365 subscription and then go a full month without using any of my Office products, what does Microsoft do? They bill me for another month, which includes another 60 minutes. I should therefore have…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Free SMS

I would like to see a plan that offers a certain number of free sms messages with the 3 month plan. I understand that the bottom line matters. For people that are not serious skype folks...fine, but anything over a three month subscription should allow free SMS to Cell....without a doubt.

I do not want to have to get a cell phone, and paying 11 cents a message is useless. I end up having to cross use with Facebook, and alot of my elderly friends do not like, or want to utilize Zuckerbergs platform to take us into the next…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Custom Ringtones is a must feature, for using paid phone number on Skype. For business, it is professional in my opinion.

For a paid service, this should be an option as more and more people are using these phone numbers for business. Makes it embarrassing to receive a skype call in the middle of a meeting or during business events.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Credit Support for Iranian Students

Hi,

I have a request and wanted to share an idea with you about that. You may have heard from the news that due to the protests, the Internet in Iran has been shut down for about more than 48 hours and it is not clear at all whether the government is willing to allow Iranians to use the internet again.

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/11/18/middleeast/iran-protests-explained-intl/index.html

Because of that, many Iranian students studying abroad cannot reach their loved ones in any way. Most of us have been using the Skype trial credit to contact our families (via their mobile or landline phones), however, I…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 Skype Subscription for both incoming and outgoing calls

1 Skype Subscription for both incoming and outgoing calls. It is confusing having to get 2 subscriptions and it could be so much easier to create 1 that is bundled.

case number too: 1487540963

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Hello Microsoft Skype ******** ! Where the **** are my incoming call logs ?

Hello Microsoft Skype **** ! Where the are my incoming call logs ?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Give us – something like a full-blown phone system. With all the features, call waiting, three-way calling, call forwarding, call block etc.

I don't mind paying a little extra furry phone system that works properly. This is the only VoIP phone I have ever used that has minimal problems. Other than Google voice. Please add many more features. I pay for this every month for the last five years so I hope you do something to help it be more like a regular phone system.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. bypass press number to allow call to go through on skype numbers

Bypass press number to allow call to go through on Skype numbers

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Ability to add Welcome message

Skype In - dial in number.
    A mandatory feature has been added to our Skype-In number requiring callers to press a random digit 0-9 in order to connect call. Your support team has advised us this was a new feature implemented to limit/ stop SPAM callers.

We would like the ability to personalise the welcome message, and record our own voice asking the user to press a number to be connected through. In this way callers can be certain they have reached the correct company.

It is very unfriendly the way it has been currently implemented.
    Thank you.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Please DO NOT require auto-recharge on an initial skype credit purchase. This is manipulative sales!

Please DO NOT require auto-recharge on an initial skype credit purchase. This is manipulative sales!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. unlimited plans to call to Bangladesh

unlimited plans to call to Bangladesh
    I have been a regular user and buying subscription to call to Bangladesh. Bangladesh is one of the most populous country and many people of this country live different parts of the world ( a large market for Skype). I hope skype will decrease the calling rate and come up with an unlimited package at a reasonable price.

Please think about it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Skype Subscrption purchase

This is regarding Subscription of Skype, when we purchase skype subscription you should give option of auto renewal and no auto renewal.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base