Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please have Skype Caller ID available for Australia

I purchase a Brisbane number but my number shows as private number when I make calls in AU!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Paid products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Wondering who is so "clever" do do force update to Skype 8, if it is still doesn't support synchronization with Outlook contacts!!!

How should I make calls? Rewriting number from outlook each time? You should fire person, who came with idea to do force upgrade at this moment, when new product is still half-finished... Now I have to search for other product instead of Skype.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Paid products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Caller ID

Caller ID doesn't work properly. For me it shows USA number to my receiver. But I live in bangladesh.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Distinguish incoming calls from a skype number when having two or more nimbers.

It would be nice to Distinguish incoming calls from a skype number when having two or more nimbers. Now, I can not tell from which number is the incoming call placed!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I've been using Skype since 2005 for English tutoring, could we get an invoicing plugin for Skype so I can invoice instantly?

I'd like to be able to use Skype for my tutoring and then use it to send invoices to my clients using the same account/s. For example, I teach 'Zoe' for 1 hour and charge her $90.00, I'd like something that would allow her to pay by CC or DD through a secure plugin on the Skype app. This would also be able to keep records of session dates and times and invoicing information in the same place. I've been using Skype since 2005 for my business and it's great, I'm very thankful for the app. I think I'm the…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We hear you  ·  rorymc121 responded

Hi there,

Thanks for your input, we really like this idea and will add it to our new product ideas internally for discussion!

Many people will find use for this as Skype is often used by teachers and solo entrepreneurs who would find such a feature very useful when running their small business.

One suggestion I have in the meantime is to try out Skype Money if you haven’t already. You can send and also request money using PayPal directly from Skype, so if your student has PayPal you can use this for payments in the app :)

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA34766/what-is-money-and-how-do-i-use-it-in-skype

Hope this is useful.

Best,
    Rory

6. continue the South Africa unlimited!

Would be great to continue the 'South Africa unlimited mins mobiles and landlines - yearly subscription'

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Merging accounts or transferring subscriptions

Whether I can merge my two (accidentally separate) accounts or not, I would at least like to be able to transfer my subscriptions from one account to another. At the very least, I would like to be able to keep the same Skype Number when repurchasing a subscription in the other account. Even cell phone companies can manage this!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Skype Subscription plans

Many of us use skype to communicate with our families across the globe. Now, more than ever before, we need more support to communicate and connect to our loved ones. I specifically require unlimited minutes to speak to my mother in a foreign country.

I have seen a post requesting unlimited subscription minutes and this would be THE most compassionate position for skype to embody.

However if that is not guaranteed, perhaps we can get unlimited calls to 4-5 numbers globally so we can connect with our immediate loved ones and family members?

We need this soon please!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Paid products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Real-time billing system

I suggest introducing the payment system, which connects users and service providers and bills its services in real time,
    as in the applications
    https://www.facebook.com/realtimepay.link/?modal=admintodotour
    https://www.facebook.com/TranslateLivenet-2051697305043746/

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Dutch local numbers

Please add Dutch local numbers as useable Skype numbers.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Paid Subscriptions

I currently have two subscriptions for Skype-to-phone calls - 60 Minutes Worldwide (60M) and Unlimited US and Canada (UL). Now, if I make a call to the US, first of all it is deducted from the 60M, and only once the 60M is used up, are the US calls guided to the UL. Now, this means that if I make a 50 minute US call at the start of the month, I am unable to make a 30 minute China call later on in that same month, although I have an UL subscription. All US and Canada calls should be…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Bring back Netherlands Skype numbers

Skype used to offer Netherlands SkypeIn numbers, and even still has support pages that refer to them, but will no longer let you buy a new one. Support says this is due to the "development plan". Taking away a feature that is important to users in an entire country, with no indication if/when it will be brought back, is not cool - PLEASE bring back Netherlands Skype numbers!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Warning before credit finishes rather than cutting the call once skype credit finishes

Rather than dropping a call once skype credit finishes during a call. Either issue a 5 minute warning (maybe turn the skype app red color or a small deep noise) or automatically add credit with the credit card in the system (prior approval given) or switch to free skype.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Don’t lie on subscriptions calling them ‘WORLD 60 MINS MOBILES AND LANDLINES‘ when they can’t make mobile calls in the UK. ’

SKYPE -
    Don’t lie on subscriptions calling them ‘WORLD 60 MINS MOBILES AND LANDLINES‘ when they can’t make mobile calls in the UK. Then don’t make this acceptable by saying it’s not available In the UK but offer an additional paid service called ‘UK mobile and Landlines 400 mins’. It’s either available or not!
    Inducements and deceit compounded by bad promotional practice frustrates customers.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Don't charge for the next minute and show the duration with millisecond during the call

Would it be possible to show the duration of a call with milliseconds? Asking because I know that you charge for the next minute even if I end the call on 8:00 min, but realized that the same thing happens with 7 min 59 sec calls and it would be good to see actual duration of the call (during the call), because when I contacted your support they said that the call was 8:00:00.178, but I don't see this information anywhere, even in my calls detailed summary.
    And, of course, ideally, would be good not to charge for the next…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Skype number SMS

Skype number should be able to send MMS messages with photos and also the number should be able to be used for verification codes! It cannot do either of these now and that's a major disadvantage.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Insert more countries to the list of Skype telephone

I am trying to buy a Skype telephone number but Israel is not in the list.
    I hope you can add it to the list...
    thanks.
    Sigal.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. get VPNs working on SKYPE. I will be moving my subscription unless this is fixed.

VPNs should be compatible across all computing products

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Skype number should have the feature to receive security codes, confirmation codes or OTPs.

Skype number should have the feature to receive security codes, confirmation codes or OTPs. I have a US brokerage account and it requires a US phone number for verification and since I cannot receive security codes on my skype number, I have look for some other solutions

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base