Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Replace Skype Credit with Microsoft Reward Points

Skype credits is one of those things that is only used for Skype. It would be nice if Skype credit was replaced with Microsoft Reward Points instead since the points can be used for a variety of services.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Paid products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Paid products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Provide option for residents of INDIA to pay in dollars. Also an option for friends to pay.

Provide option for residents of INDIA to pay in dollars. Also an option for friends to pay.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. refund credits at anytime

refund my money at anytime

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Why do I need to do regular subscriptions I deposit an amount and top up when that's used I don't use often

Would like to deposit an amount (credit) and top up that amount is used not have monthly subscriptions, like Skype used to be.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Why do I need to do regular subscriptions I deposit an amount and top up when that's used I don't use often

Would like to deposit an amount and top up that amount is used not have monthly subscriptions, like Skype used to be.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Paid products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. add the opportunity to buy the same subscription again once you run out of minutes, before subscription term

add the opportunity to buy the same subscription again once you run out of minutes, before subscription term

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow direct purchases rathen than using skype credits

while getting a skype number the option is to use skype credit...this makes the taxation twice to use just one service 1. while buying skype credits, 2. while getting the skype number

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Paid products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. I've been using Skype since 2005 for English tutoring, could we get an invoicing plugin for Skype so I can invoice instantly?

I'd like to be able to use Skype for my tutoring and then use it to send invoices to my clients using the same account/s. For example, I teach 'Zoe' for 1 hour and charge her $90.00, I'd like something that would allow her to pay by CC or DD through a secure plugin on the Skype app. This would also be able to keep records of session dates and times and invoicing information in the same place. I've been using Skype since 2005 for my business and it's great, I'm very thankful for the app. I think I'm the…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We hear you  ·  rorymc121 responded

Hi there,

Thanks for your input, we really like this idea and will add it to our new product ideas internally for discussion!

Many people will find use for this as Skype is often used by teachers and solo entrepreneurs who would find such a feature very useful when running their small business.

One suggestion I have in the meantime is to try out Skype Money if you haven’t already. You can send and also request money using PayPal directly from Skype, so if your student has PayPal you can use this for payments in the app :)

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA34766/what-is-money-and-how-do-i-use-it-in-skype

Hope this is useful.

Best,
    Rory

10. Automated invoice sending

I need to submit my Skype invoices to my accountant.
    Right now I manually sign in, look up the invoice, download it and send it to my accountant. 12 times a year.
    You cam make this easier by providing automated invoice sending.
    Please consider this idea.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Hello i would really like to migrate my landline number from brazil to skye. but just realized it is not possible at this moment.

Hi I would really like to migrate my landline from Brazil to skype. But just realized that it is not possible at the moment.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Hope that one who loses the recurring payment for a great service which meantime has expired can have that reinstated! The old good Premium!

Was my fault again to have let expired that great Premium paid service. Skype previously reinstated it for me. Really hope that myracle could happen again. Old Premium's so great and convenient!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. payment/

Some people are experiencing difficulties with buying skype credit, as the same credit card info used previously does not work any longer. It appears that Microsoft now requires one to delete their method of payment from their skype account and register this information with a Microsoft account. It would have been helpful to receive an e-mail from Microsoft indicating this new requirement.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. UWP App crashes with Oops! error when I try to call a phone number.

ALL VERSIONS OF UWP on Desktop and Phone crash when trying to dial a phone number, receive a call to my Skype Number, or view history of Skype calls involving phone numbers. All Skype to Skype works fine. This all started after 01/26/19 and I've seen other users than myself complain. What did Skype change after that date? When will Support ask my for logs on my devices to fix this issue?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Caller identification using my Skype Number for Germany

I bought a German Number but can't set it up as Skype Caller ID. So I always have to tell my customers that I call not to call back the number they see in their diplay (if at all). Are their plans to enable this feature for Germany? Or can you set it up for my account somehow manually?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please add paypal purchase for monthly free trial

Pls add paypal system for monthly free trial

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Why do I need to do regular subscriptions I deposit an amount and top up when that's used I don't use often

Would like to deposit an amount and top up that amount is used not have monthly subscriptions, like Skype used to be.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Why do I need to do regular subscriptions I deposit an amount and top up when that's used I don't use often

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 5 6 7 9 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base