Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. reinstate skype-to-phone calls of outlook contact

One way or another allow your skype-to-phone subscription members to direct dial their outlook contacts.

Either 1) allow skype to read outlook contacts so that we can one-click dial phone numbers from within skype (like skype used to do since pretty much version 1),
    or 2) allow access to skype from outlook so that we can right click dial via skype from within outlook

Option 1) is preferable as one can then review calls in the skype history by contact name - And you already have the code from version 7 and before.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Paid products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Skype Unlimited World Name is Misleading

The Skype Unlimited World name is misleading because it doesn't include all countries in the "world."

I just redeemed 6,400 Microsoft Rewards points for a 3-Month Skype Unlimited World Voucher. I then redeemed the voucher in my Skype profile and tried to make a call. I intended to use this for calling to Tanzania (I am in the US), but when I tried to call, I was told that Tanzania wasn't part of the Skype World Unlimited service and I would have to pay to call to Tanzania. Tanzania is in this "world," isn't it? Because Tanzania isn't included, I…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Paid products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I can not use call forwarding as Skype does not have a drop down box for my area.

I live on Norfolk Island which has been administered by Australia since 2016. It has a different country code of +6723 because it was previously semi governed. However, Norfolk Island is always overlooked. It is only2G here so I do not have internet while I am away from my house. Because skype does not have a drop down box for Norfolk Island, I can not call forward my calls to my mobile for my business which makes it very difficult for me and is a big hardship. I may even have to move to the mainland if I can''t get…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. http://www.roomeqwizard.com/

Use MiniDSP and USB Calibration Microphone SDK to auto correct room acoustics for Skype. - http://www.roomeqwizard.com/

DSP for Echo / Noise Cancelling and Equalisation Curve - https://www.minidsp.com/

ADSP21489 400MHz Sharc DSP floating point engine
    XMOS Xcore200 for USB control and bidirectional audio streaming
    24 bit ADC/DAC resolution
    Unbalanced inputs switchable with a jumper between 4Vrms and 2Vrms
    Toslink digital input
    Unbalanced outputs: Max 2Vrms
    USB Audio Class 2 Bidirectional streaming with ASIO drivers, driverless under MAC OSx
    4 preset configuration, recallable via IR, Software
    Plug&Play USB driver and real time Software configuration using miniDSP plug-ins
    Device does not required a…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I'd like a custom phone number; something easy to remember/similar to my current #. Have an option for checking availability of a custom #

I'd like a custom phone number; something easy to remember/similar to my current phone number; or one that would spell a word making it easy for others to identify or remember. for example: 875-6833 in my area code. How would I check if it is available, like one would do if they wanted a custom license plate? I want this phone number because when it's spelled, it is a cliché I use often. If you add this option, can I have this number for free for making this suggestion? I'd like it with a 312 or 630 area code, however…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. GST Invoice for India

Skype should give GST invoice fo India as well as we are paying GST for each purchase.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Give us – something like a full-blown phone system. With all the features, call waiting, three-way calling, call forwarding, call block etc.

I don't mind paying a little extra furry phone system that works properly. This is the only VoIP phone I have ever used that has minimal problems. Other than Google voice. Please add many more features. I pay for this every month for the last five years so I hope you do something to help it be more like a regular phone system.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Good day.

Freedom to access more call time within the same month of subscription. Increase my call time per month. Example 600 to 800min per month.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Please have Skype Caller ID available for Australia

I purchase a Brisbane number but my number shows as private number when I make calls in AU!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I used to see a list of calls I made and the charges pertaining to the calls, I am not able to see the charges, this feature is important.

I used to see a list of calls I made and the charges pertaining to the calls, I am not able to see the charges, this feature is important, please restore the same.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Better rates for non-profit organizations

It would be very helpful if Skype can offer special reduced rates for approved non-profit organizations so they may make cheap international calls through Skype.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Create a Skype Phone

I'm a huge fan of my Skype Number. I'm less of a fan of my phone carrier. I'd love the option to have a Skype phone.

I'm envisioning an Android or Windows Tablet the size of a phone that has 4G or Longfi and works with Skype as the primary messaging and voice app.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I don't want to change the worldwide subscription i currently have, nor the other subscriptions i have allocated to other persons in skype m

I don't want to change the worldwide subscription i currently have, nor the other subscriptions i have allocated to other persons in skype manager. Because they're exactly what i need. So i'm asking would it be possible to assign the offer of office 365 to one of the subscriptions i already have?

Reference Number : 1488045917

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. if there was a way to move credits between users and refund credit back to the master account and then if needs be back to the original card

if there was a way to move credits between users and refund credit back to the master account and then if needs be back to the original card ourselves it would be most helpful for the future.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Don’t lie on subscriptions calling them ‘WORLD 60 MINS MOBILES AND LANDLINES‘ when they can’t make mobile calls in the UK. ’

SKYPE -
    Don’t lie on subscriptions calling them ‘WORLD 60 MINS MOBILES AND LANDLINES‘ when they can’t make mobile calls in the UK. Then don’t make this acceptable by saying it’s not available In the UK but offer an additional paid service called ‘UK mobile and Landlines 400 mins’. It’s either available or not!
    Inducements and deceit compounded by bad promotional practice frustrates customers.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I had my account blocked and there is only one way to unblock it that is to use the first 6 digits of the credit card that was used last tim

I had my account blocked and there is only one way to unblock that account. Which is to give the first 6 digits of that credit card.
    They are not even ready to give me the name on the credit card used.
    It is very restrictive. There is not an alternative way to unlock your account even if the world was under nuclear attack and unlocking this account would save the world. Skype will still require those damn six digits to unlock that account

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I am currently paying for time with my previously created Skype account that has all my contacts in it -while I cannot make use of the 60 mi

I have a current Skype account with all my history and contacts. I am now paying for 60 minutes with my MS365 account but I cannot make use of that because I cannot combine the two profiles any more. Used to be able to do this, but it has been taken away. Can you activate that again please?!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow me to port my existing number to Skype

Please allow me to port an existing phone number to Skype. Google Voice has this ability. Why not Skype?

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Paid products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. unlimited plans to call to Bangladesh

unlimited plans to call to Bangladesh
    I have been a regular user and buying subscription to call to Bangladesh. Bangladesh is one of the most populous country and many people of this country live different parts of the world ( a large market for Skype). I hope skype will decrease the calling rate and come up with an unlimited package at a reasonable price.

Please think about it.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Caller identification using my Skype Number for Germany

I bought a German Number but can't set it up as Skype Caller ID. So I always have to tell my customers that I call not to call back the number they see in their diplay (if at all). Are their plans to enable this feature for Germany? Or can you set it up for my account somehow manually?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 6 8 10 13 14
  • Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base