Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Option to pay to save unlimited recordings of videos. Is this a thing? Would love to recover some of my recorded videos that were lost

Option to pay to save unlimited # of recordings of videos. Is this a thing? Ability to recover old videos

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Paid products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Local Greek Number [landline/mobile]

It would be great if Skype offered local Greek phone numbers (which it currently doesn't). If it was possible to have both landline numbers and mobile phone numbers, that would indeed be amazing. Cheers!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Skype number SMS

Skype number should be able to send MMS messages with photos and also the number should be able to be used for verification codes! It cannot do either of these now and that's a major disadvantage.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Paid products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. SMS CAPABILITY FOR NON-US SKYPE NUMBERS

Every Skype Number should have SMS capability forwarding to an alternative phone number of choice, not just the US numbers!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Include Australia as a country that can send Caller ID -

I have purchased a Skype number but when I call people in Australia it doesn't allow me to send my caller ID. For what ever reason Australia isn't included in the countries that accept sending caller IDs. Can Skype please update this so Australia can send caller ID.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Paid products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I want Ideal check for every seperate purchase.

I want Ideal check for every seperate purchase, not like an automatic incasso authorisation.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. a business Skype account To call landlines for work. My current Skype is for personal calls but I can’t set up a Skype usi

I need a business Skype account that will let me make calls to landlines using the company credit card. It tells me to use teams but I can’t call landlines with teams

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Conference call to a landline for elderly people in corona-time

Is it possible to restore the function of calling to a landline during conference calls? My father is currently in a nursing home and my mother, brother, sister and I would like to have a conference call because my father sometimes has too little for one day on his one single person call. Because my mother is already elderly and panic about the corona virus, she does not want us to use a shared telephone. This is because the nursing staff only has time to contact one of us by telephone once a day. Unfortunately my father is not able…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Subscription

The subscriptions in South Africa Are Limited, which is very unfair compared to the other countries that get far better offers than People in South Africa please add more subscriptions to South Africa such as Unlimited Mobile calls just like you have in the united states.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Please Provide the feature for users to be able to transfer Skype subscriptions or Skype Numbers to another Skype account.

Since people using multiple accounts or may need to access the Skype number with another account it's needed to transfer the purchased skype number into another account. it's also the possibility of purchasing a subscription for calling a specific country and after a while, you may not need it at all. so it's possible to transfer it to some else to use the subscription benefits.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Paid products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. reinsate subscription

Please reinstate subscription for unlimited landline and mobile calls for South Africa

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Payment Page

I just wanted to add that your payment page needs an update as I had to make 4 transactions just to add required funds to renew my subscription from 1 month to 12 months. I need you guys should have option to enter custom amount as well. When you put the custom amount it should auto calculate if it is equal or higher the amount what we have entered and it should not accept lesser amount from the billed amount.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Subscription

Please try to review your charges for subscriptions to Nigeria. Take a clue from how much you do charge for subscriptions to India. Let same rates be applicable to Nigeria

Thank you.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Steam, lucky strike, mcdonalds, coca-cola.

future changes to survive and if or it dosent, remembered by people as "the best" (globally) .. waiting for chrome (top=rainbowppl) to pay, "125000$" if you hack google chrome,, done 1000 times.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Skype number should have the feature to receive security codes, confirmation codes or OTPs.

Skype number should have the feature to receive security codes, confirmation codes or OTPs. I have a US brokerage account and it requires a US phone number for verification and since I cannot receive security codes on my skype number, I have look for some other solutions

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. continue the South Africa unlimited!

Would be great to continue the 'South Africa unlimited mins mobiles and landlines - yearly subscription'

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Open skype while in COVID-19, then older people can talk with family. And maybe they will stay if they like it.

Op dit moment zitten veel oudere vast in een verzorgingshuis zonder enige vorm van contact met hun familie (man, vrouw, kinderen of kleinkinderen).
    Indien jullie skype openen zullen zij weer contact kunnen leggen, en als het ze bevalt zullen ze misschien wel blijven.

Indien dit een mogelijk is zal ik mij inzetten om ervoor te zorgen dat bv een mediamarkt of coolblue of andere firma zal kunnen gaan voorzien in apparatuur.

Met vriendelijke groeten,
    Joost Nooijen

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I wish that Bahrain gets added for the Microsoft Office Family 365 free minutes ASAP, or at least be able to use it while using VPN/US IP

I wish that Bahrain gets added for the Microsoft Office Family 365 free minutes ASAP, or at least be able to use it while using VPN/US IP. As it is not fair because we are paying the same amount that other countries customers are paying.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add new feature

I think Skype needs to start international mobile recharge/top-up feature. I hope after adding this feature Skype become more popular.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Cancel subscription button on skype number parameters really does not exist

It would be nice that the Cancel subscription button on skype number parameters really does exist. There is no way to cancel a US skype number currently

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base