Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. A2P SMS to Skype Numbers

I would like to request, urgently, to add the A2P SMS feature to skype numbers! I really need this working or else there's no point to keeping my number.

Thank you

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Paid products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Well, the payment options for people on a Monthly Income needs changed or something.......

Ok well, the population numbers on Disability is quite large, and I've found there are services that have nothing in place to aid us on Disability with our payments for services, like ensuring a payment only comes out on the 1st of the month to avoid problems with our bank accounts and stuff.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Paid products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Affiliate

I would like it if you started an affiliate program so that I could recommend your Skype local phone number service on my websites and to my contacts, with a discount code, and if they use the discount code the purchase is tied to me and I earn an affiliate commission.

And the same for people who sign up for other Skype services and for the program/app itself if that getting users is worth something to you.

Kind regards

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. It's RIDICULOUS that I bought a year subscription for a number and I reached a limit that didn't allow me to buy a year of minutes!

You should allow people to use the same credit card to buy a year subscription of a number and a year subscription of minutes. It's ridiculous that I was advised to create a Skype Manager to buy credits to then buy the minute subscription. In addition, the unlimited subscription conveniently costs $30.50 but I couldn't buy those credits, I had to buy either $10 or $30. So for .50 I had to buy another $10 worth of credits! The answer I got was that I could use the extra money in my personal phone (I do not need this!). I…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. "Busy Lights for Open Offices" by Skype with Skype

Dear Skype Team,
    as an answer to all studies that have shown the big disadvantages of Open-plan Offices, just a few companies have made an effort to tackle the element of distraction by using "busy lights", that currently reflect either when you are in a call or in some cases communicate your Skypestatus to your office collegues (but compatibility has been critized). Why does not Skype itself create such a Product with a manual option to change the User's Skype Status with either a remote control or "buttons" at a "Busy Light" itself. (let the status control the light, but…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. refund

Permit refunds to all who request them via an Updated Terms of Service/ User Agreement - why upset users by hoarding their money?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Bring back Netherlands Skype numbers

Skype used to offer Netherlands SkypeIn numbers, and even still has support pages that refer to them, but will no longer let you buy a new one. Support says this is due to the "development plan". Taking away a feature that is important to users in an entire country, with no indication if/when it will be brought back, is not cool - PLEASE bring back Netherlands Skype numbers!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Paid products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Quit displaying ad's to paid office365 and onedrive premium users.

Quit displaying ad's to paid office365 and onedrive premium users. I paid for the Skype service and was told there would not be ad's anymore? Sigh Microsoft... I'm getting sick of you scamming.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. New Skype number already in use by somebody else!

I gather this is a known issue, at least a web search found complaints from two years ago.

I got a new Skype number. Told friends to call me. Someone else answered. That can't be. But I called my own Skype number, and someone else answered, saying they didn't know anything about Skype, and I gathered she had had the number for quite a while.

Very unsettling. I understand that Microsoft somehow buys or leases these numbers from the Telephone Companies, and wires got crossed. But c'mon man.

How can this possibly continue?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. SkypeCredit

There should be an option to top up the Skype Credit with desired amount. Otherwise I am limited to execute certain orders/purchases as the pre-specified amount only

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Skype number should have the feature to receive security codes, confirmation codes or OTPs.

Skype number should have the feature to receive security codes, confirmation codes or OTPs. I have a US brokerage account and it requires a US phone number for verification and since I cannot receive security codes on my skype number, I have look for some other solutions

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Select Option / Facility to select which subscription to make use of

Skype by default selects the last subscription to make use of. I have 3 subscriptions that I use at anytime and can't use the one I would like at times..

This means that I might be charged world call rates for calls I would like to make back home.

Please kindly vote this feature in so the relevant subscription can be utilized.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Free SMS

I would like to see a plan that offers a certain number of free sms messages with the 3 month plan. I understand that the bottom line matters. For people that are not serious skype folks...fine, but anything over a three month subscription should allow free SMS to Cell....without a doubt.

I do not want to have to get a cell phone, and paying 11 cents a message is useless. I end up having to cross use with Facebook, and alot of my elderly friends do not like, or want to utilize Zuckerbergs platform to take us into the next…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Custom Ringtones is a must feature, for using paid phone number on Skype. For business, it is professional in my opinion.

For a paid service, this should be an option as more and more people are using these phone numbers for business. Makes it embarrassing to receive a skype call in the middle of a meeting or during business events.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. We need skype to go in Argentina!!

We urgently need your skype to go service in our country, Argentina. I think is the best choice. As we spoke with Arbee T., you support agent in service request number 1492482329

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Hello Microsoft Skype ******** ! Where the **** are my incoming call logs ?

Hello Microsoft Skype **** ! Where the are my incoming call logs ?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. please renew the registration of chatbots. Thanks!

Chatbots are such a convenience. Please extend your registration until at least 2020. Now the most peak when need a the link convenient for all. Thanks!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. False Pricing / Rip-Off

Start being honest with your call rates to land lines. Skype has become such a rip-off it is cheaper to use a real telephone. I bought a skype card telling me I have a fixed amount of call time but in reality the quoted times were just fantasy. The actual time was about 5% of your quoted time. I am waiting for the day when there is a real replacement that Ms doesn't have its hands on.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. YOU SHOULD HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION PLAN THAT INCLUDES UNLIMITED SMS, NOT JUST CALLS TO NORTH AMERICA.

YOU SHOULD HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION PLAN THAT INCLUDES UNLIMITED SMS, NOT JUST CALLS TO NORTH AMERICA.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base