Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Log in history

I would like a way to check my log in history to see the last time I have logged in. If this already exists please send me instructions on how to find and use it. Thank you.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add Skype Classic back, or old Skype for Web.

Ok, so another user posted the same thing, but I want to post this too, so it could possibly gain more attention. I think at this point, we (the Skype Classic fanbase) really want Skype Classic back. And to be honest, if you actually did, I think more people would come back on Skype. The only reason more people are moving over to Discord is because you're disabling are favourite stuff, and it's heartbreaking for us. And if this post gets ignored, then I won't be surprised, because all M$ staff ignore things that are even related to Skype Classic!…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. a Call in to Skype to test if my skype works

Set up a Skype Webcam on your end that users can call in either from their personnal or business Skype to test if the users skype works for audio and video

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Synchronized Skype App on mobile phones with Skype applications on PCs and/or laptops

I have WhatsApp on my mobile phone and my PC and they synchronize. I have Skype on my mobile phone and PC, too, but they do not synchronize. Please tell me how to achieve synchronization or enable it automatically.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Make a host in group video calls...

Someone is removing me from the group video call...and cam u please see if that's a bug....or give the name of the participant who is removing ....instead of writing" You have been removed from this call by another participant" and also make the person who is calling the host

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Reminders for personal/ group chats

Provision for Reminders (Daily, Weekly, Monthly etc), as Skype is mostly used for corporate purposes. Reminders will be a great addition to all the features available. For current use, as reminders are not available, we are using Meeting calls as 'reminders', but it does not seem appropriate.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Feature: Scroll with Mouse Wheel

Include: Mouse Wheel scrolling for message and contact panes.

This does not exist in the current, non-classic, version of Skype and damages the efficiency and mainstream use.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Skype for Tobii/Dynavox/Communicator 5

Skype use to work with Tobii Dynavox/Communicator 5, an augmentative alternative communication device/platorm for nonverbal people, many of whom suffer social isolation as a result of severely reduced mobility. With Skype 8, this functionality is no longer availabile to them, apparently because it cannot be managed solely with keystrokes. Returning this functionality is critical to the quality of life and mental health for thousands of users who otherwise will continue to suffer limited contact with loved ones, especially during stay at home orders from the coronavirus panemic. Thank you for your consideration.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Improvements urgently needed by skype

We need these improvements for Skype:

• A record when somebody kicks you from a group to know who was it and when.

• To know who was hanged out by who on grupal calls, know who was it and when, and show when this guy leaves the call, because we're tired when the people kicks out people and we don't know who was it and when.

• Another error is when somebody kicks out to somebody from call, the kicked person stills on the call and still sharing webcam.

• When we click on kick on group, the group will should be finished…
    13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Please add the option to change the browser you have selected to always open your files

Why not add the option to change your selected browser when you right click to open a file.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. automatically close window when done

-automatically close window when done-
    My elderly sister can no longer use a computer due to the ravages of Parkinsons. It is difficult for her to move, especially to rise and walk to answer the phone. So I set up Skype to automatically answer, without video, so anyone can just talk to her without requiring her to do anything but say hello. When the conversation ends the caller logs off, but this leaves the Skype window open on her computer, thus obscuring the list of phone numbers normally displayed and also preventing her photo slide show. I want the Skype…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Have Skype live on mobile device without having to have the app open

Hi. Have a small icon at top of screen to show your status eg available without having to have app open all the time. Thus allowing you to receive calls without the app open.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Skype should be able to save more than one login details at once.

if i use 2 accounts in skype i have to retype the id and password of each account after i log out of the other account even after i click on the "remember account setting on this device" everytime i log out of both my accounts. Yet the login page only shows me the details of the last account i signed out from! not my other account! please fix this issue because typing in my account details each time i want to log in really ****** me off!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Fix Skype login

When I went to sign in to Skype (Android), it asks for a password. It does not say "Microsoft" password. Please specify that you want the Microsoft password. Also there is no way to be able to view the password as I enter it. Please fix this. Thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Pleaaase, allow rearanging of chats, it is not possible in favorites or chats group.

Pleaaase, allow rearanging of chats, it is not possible in favorites or chats group.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Petition To Bring Back Classic Skype

An online petition has been created to bring back classic skype. This petition lists nearly all problems with new skype and why classic skype needs to return.

Sign the petition here:
    https://www.change.org/BringBackClassicSkype

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. PERFORMANCE!

Lag and bug free - better optimized app for all the platforms while there are still some users 'alive'...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. streaming live on youtube

I was wondering I you are able to stream live to youtube? and how many faces can appear at once on the screen?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. rathebe able to delete all your images in the gallery at once, rather than individualy

be able to delete all your images in the gallery at once, rather than individualy

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base