Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. editing a existing contact. How do we do it ? it was so simple in previous versions.

editing a existing contact. How do we do it ? it was so simple in previous versions.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Fix Outlook Integration

In Skype 7, in the desktop Outlook application you could call a contact simply by using the Outlook "Call" feature. In Skype 8 this TAPI feature was broken, and calling a contact from Outlook brings up the modem dialer instead (and I don;t have a modem or analog phone line).

I won't upgrade until the Outlook integration is restored and I can call my contacts through Skype from within Outlook. Please do not suggest importing my contacts into Skype; I have 12,000 and wish to keep them separate.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ref: Mutual Contacts

Hi,
    Your suggestions in Skype of lists of contacts which have mutual friends is a total breach of privacy, there are many reasons why this should not be shown to others or myself, on most occasions people do not want others to know of mutual contacts and even if one does not know to which friend the mutual contact belongs it can be easily found out and causes a lot of arguments and suspicions and jealousy. It’s practically the same as putting mutual friends in the newspaper for all to see, who came up with this ridiculous option? Please get…

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Show Outlook Contacts

Skype does not show my Outlook Contacts, now you can't call your Outlook or iPhone Contacts, unless you dial. Please have an Outlook Contact only for the desktop app as in previous versions..

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Mass delete of contacts

There should be an option for the users to be able to delete multiple contacts at once.

There are users who use skype since the beginning and removing contacts is a must.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Managing non Skype contacts

A sort for non Skype contacts and not have them mixed in with Skype contacts with the "all" sort.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Share or not share contact list in each contact (it could be asked when we add a contact)..

When we add a contact we have a standard contact list qnd we can create groups of contacts, like friends, family, job, etc. It would be nice if we can share contact lists or individual contacts.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Contacts

This needs to be cleaned up and simplified. Very old contacts cannot be merged or cleaned. Very confusing why multiple contacts appear

Linking seems to be device specific and not happening on the server level.... We shouldn't have to link contacts if we switch devices

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Please don't include previously-deleted contacts when refreshing the contact list using "Sync Contacts"

Whenever I refresh my contact list under "Sync your contacts", all the contacts I previously deleted reappear and have to be manually deleted again. Please make the sync feature more intelligent so that previously-deleted contacts don't appear when you refresh your contact list.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. ADD USER GROUPS

Please add USER GROUPS in skype. I have 100+ contacts in work skype and it's hard to find a proper contact.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 10 years of my CONTACTS LISTS are gone

10 years of my CONTACTS LISTS are gone with your forceful update to the latest version. Either you would have allowed o use classic version that has the list feature or not forced to new version. As the result, my business has come to a standstill and I am back to square 0. Now would you take responsibility for this loss? WHY CANT SUCH A BASIC LIST FEATURE NOT BE ADDED IN THE NEW VERSION.

FRANKLY, I FEEL LIKE COMMITTING SUICIDE. And you will be responsible for my DEATH. I mean what I said.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. People who are not in your contact list should not be allowed to contact you.

As the title says, people are (annoyingly) able to message or call you, even before being added. This also prevents them from understanding that you deleted them from your contact list, which is even more annoying. It shouldn't be necessary to block everyone. This is not how things functioned in version 7.X. Please fix it.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add note to contacts

allow add notes to contact area like in outlook so one can add notes to their contacts or allow for easier integration to outlook 2016

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. a way to know if i'm being blocked or not a contact to my skype contacts. Why waste my time with someone not wanting to skype with me?

It would help to know when you have been blocked or no longer a contact with someone on your contact list. If your messages arent getting through because you are no longer a concern of that contact, get a clue and dont send to them. This way, you dont waste time, and can clear up your contact list.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Share screen

I need Share Screen

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Import contacts from Ms Outlook. Worked before the 8.2 and 8.3 updates

Import contacts from Ms Outlook. Worked before the 8.2 and 8.3 updates

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Suggested contacts tab needs to go.

Suggested contacts tab needs to go. Nobody needs sugested in contacts they already know. It is just a waste of time and space.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. how to add contacts

On the older versions it was easy to find and add a contact from different points on the screen, But lately Ive been spending frustrating hours just to add a contact name to a number I dialed or create a new one from previous history , in all of the late versions are AWFUL and the problem is that I have 4 accounts with automatic recharge for more than several years now , and I'm about to cancel all of my accounts if this issue isn't updated to show clearly and or pop up from different points around the screen;…

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Make it all the contact data visible again.

Make it all the contact data visible again. Only one phone number will be displayed. I have some contacts that have more than one phone number. This is essential for landline calls.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base