Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Connect multiple microphones through an audio mixer

Can you add the ability to connect multiple microphones through an audio mixer. Using Skype for podcasting with multiple hosts isvery tricky to organise with it's current one microphone only restriction.

Thanks

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Display multiple WebCams of friends during Video Calls.

With the new Skype version, we are now limited to 4 cameras on screen. In the classic version of Skype, we were able to have as many cameras on screen in each call. As an example: I'm usually in a call with at least 8 friends & never had to switch to see their reactions. Now I have to do this with the new Skype version. Please bring this back.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Adjustable video quality

I have limited internet on my wifi connection and so need to reduce the video quality of my call for my android phone. If there is already an option, I'd suggest making it easily accessible as it's virtually nowhere to be found.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Ability to change notifications sounds within iphone

Ability to select different notification sounds

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Please add the option to mute incoming ringer

Please add the option to mute incoming call ringer (ringing on secondary audio selected) when status is selected to "Do Not Disturb". This was how Skype use to work, ver 7 and earlier. For now I have to either make sure to totally must my computer, (all audio devices), or shutdown Skype/Quit Skype to not be disturbed by incoming calls.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Please allow me to toggle between sharing screen and camera view. I miss that

Please allow me to toggle between sharing screen and camera view. I miss that

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Bring back the support for the H264 HW encoder in Logitech 920 for 1080P

The other benefit is that it lessen the strain on the CPU considerably!
    Naturally for all Logitech cams like 930 922......etc, that's support it

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Make Video call controls optional

Please give us the option of hiding all call controls during video chats, you've added far too many call controls and it's annoying to see when I'm in the middle of a video conference. Make it like Skype 7 where you could just move your mouse and the call controls would fade away then if you needed them again you'd move your mouse again. Simple. Effective. User friendly.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Cagla at Skype responded

Hi everyone. The call controls should time out (disappear) if you move the mouse outside the app window or if you don’t move it for a couple seconds. If you are not seeing this behavior, let us know and we can take a further look.

9. allow paste into the diaload while in a call in UWP versions of Skype for conference call PINs

the reason I'm still clinging on to the oldest version of Skype that I can on Windows 10 is that I make dozens of conference calls a month and I need to paste in long PIN numbers after the call has connected. this works reasonably well in classic Skype but has never worked in the modern or UWP versions of Skype. since I use Skype primarily for conference calls, this is a significant disadvantage.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Working on it  ·  2 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. undock stage

We can undock the video from the main Skype window and expand it full screen to another monitor. But, this leaves the stage, participant list and conversation in the main window. Yes, we can make the stage full screen, but then the participant and chat windows are hidden.

It would be great to have the choice to undock the stage and make that full screen (on one monitor) and then have the main window with video/chat/participants on another monitor. I think that would be far more useful than a full screen of the video camera.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Auto call recording

Option should be provided for auto recording of calls in the settings

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I want to set up my Australian skype number as my caller id. Currently it shows my USA Skype number when I make calls to Australia.

I want to set up my Australian skype number as my caller id. Currently it shows my USA Skype number when I make calls to Australia.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Bring back click and call option! Where you can click on the number and call happens.

Please bring back this click and call option, as It is time-consuming for us to copy and paste every number to make a call. Please bring it back asap. Otherwise, give me access to skype classic.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Change status when I'm in a call

As the Skype user, I want my status to automatically change to "In a call" when I'm in an active voice conversation, and change back to "Available" when the voice conversation is over. So people will stop trying to call me when I'm already in a call.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Adjust the video size in video call

While in video call, skype's new feature is that you can select what/who appears in the main canvas while in a video call(whether sharing the screen or not) it would be better to be able to adjust the width/size in general of ones selected in the main canvas.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. please add a button to automatically disable the use of the camera.. i've been through cancer & NEED to control who sees me & when

please add in the buttons controlling front/back camera, the ability to turn all cameras OFF. I've been through chemo/radiation and need the ability to turn off the camera when I am very sick.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi. Thank you for your feedback. You can always choose to make an audio call only or answer the call as an audio call. Video calling is optional. Check out these links, you might find it helpful.

- Petr

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/fa10613/how-do-i-make-a-call-in-skype

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA34859/how-do-i-answer-a-skype-call

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA34858/what-can-i-do-during-a-skype-call#Audio%20settings

17. Notification of times in foreign zones for overseas corespondents

Notification of time zones in foreign areas

Please show local times in foreign country contacts. This used to be available but has disappeared in yet another frustrating Skype update

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Call technical information

With new version 8.33, I have noticed the call technical info window is not available anymore.

This was useful, please bring this back.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Calls history on Skype for iPhones

I hope calls history would show each call made and the date, time, and duration of each call.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base