Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Sometime the image is flipped upside down. So there must be feature to adjust image like 'Rotation-left, rotation-right' etc.

Sometime the image is flipped upside down. So there must be feature to adjust image like 'Rotation-left, rotation-right' etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. "Start my audio (mic) automatically" too.

"Start my audio (mic) automatically" too.
    You have this for video (cam), but not for audio. For people with disabilities, they might want auto-answer on, but might not want anyone to just hear what's in the room if they happen to call in. It would be really useful for them to allow a call to begin but the microphone be muted -- the equivalent option to video but for microphone.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. خفض الاسعار للاتصال لليمن

Hello my brothers, I am Abdel-Qader Jubran, from Yemen, residing in Saudi Arabia. I tried Skype to call to Yemen, very cool. But you know that most of the regions of Yemen do not have internet for that regular connection is very expensive now I hope you reduce the prices to call to Yemen or increase the number of minutes

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Dialing Bug

Hello fellow Developers.

Under the following premise, what happens when you have 2-step validation enabled to access your work account in microsoft at the URL https://login.microsoftonline.com/, it tells you to put username and password, then how is it configured the option that sends SMS to the phone number sends it or if you prefer make a validation call (dial from anywhere in the world), the call or SMS message validation is made and you enter your account.

Now what happens if in Mexico specifically in Mexico City the numbers with the code 55 are finished and the code 56…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. In a group call we have quite a few members on different time zones and when 2 people are in the call and one logs out the call then shuts d

In a group call we have quite a few members on different time zones and when 2 people are in the call and one logs out the call then shuts down which is annoying having to enter the command to start the call up again in the old build the call was kept up and running i would appreciate it being introduced into this build

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Ability to Record One Person

The Skype recording is great, but I conduct interviews that are used for education/instructional purposes to students and they only need to see the person I'm interviewing. It would be ideal if there was an option to turn off the split screen and only record the person being interviewed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Option to choose which people you want to call in a group (avoiding to ring the call for everyone)

Sometimes you need a group to keep people updated about the work they are doing together, however, sometimes you have meetings with just part of the people in the group, but still want that the video recorder or the messages shared keep inside the group for the other participants. It's very annoying to call everybody all the time. In DISCORD, for instance, with you start a call with SHIFT pressed you start alone and the interested people ingress on it. It's one way to do that...and make all the diference for goups where people did call often.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I would like to block or terminate one person who is sending me pictures of women' privates. I did not ask or want this. Want to block

want to block or remove one contact who is sending me lude pictures without my permission. Please let me know how remove this contact. I see no place to do that on the skype site.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. PLEASE ADD NOISE CANCELLATION!! its 21st Century , just Common CHAPS! :D YOU CAN DO THIS

PLEASE ADD NOISE CANCELLATION!! its 21st Century , just Common CHAPS! :D YOU CAN DO THIS

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Skype for Ipad needs to broadcast system sounds as well as video.

Skype for Ipad needs to broadcast system sounds as well as video.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Longer than 24 hour calls.

Longer than 24 hour calls for people that sleep on the call with another for reassurance, safety, etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Missed Call vs. Missed call from _Jon_Smith__ needs more distinction. An arrow pointing out if outgoing. Organize logs

Missed Call vs. Missed call from Jon Smith__ needs more distinction. An arrow pointing out if outgoing. Anything to better display my account outgoing attempts vs incoming calls.

If i show my skype activity to a judge for child custody, he will not arrive at proper conclusion. To see missed call, one assumes the person to which the account is associated with has MISSED a call.

I suppose my husband is aware of the deceptive call displays when using Skype, or ged not insist I attempt to reach my child via Skype.

To have a record would be my best…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Skype video calling me improve services

Message Reviews to my page bookmark friend

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. My voice mail server login message from send

Hi, join us for Skype voice mail server login problem

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Schedule a Reoccuring Call

You already have a feature that lets me schedule a call at a set time and date, and it even schedules a reminder beforehand. It would be awesome if you could schedule a reoccurring call for daily, weekly, biweekly, etc. I know teams can do this, but that's more of a work app. This would be a good way to stay in contact with friends and family regularly.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Multipal audio settings

Adding extra pairing devices such as blue tooth ear-buds for the computers

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. kenya plans

larger Plans to Kenya 200 min. is not enough, a few more options like 500 min. and 1000 min. would be nice

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base