Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Audio

Please bring back the 4th button in the video chat frame which controls the volume of just the other person's voice, not the devices volume.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Remote desktop feature.

Allowed friends can do mouse operation on shared screen to help friends.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Native dialer on android

Make it that skype can handle native calls and be the default dialer app on android. Go a step further and give it a "handoff" feature for calls using Wi-Fi, similar to Apple devices

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. voicemail

How about letting people record/set their own custom voicemail greetings? For personal customers it would be fun...
    For business customers, it could be invaluable when they are busy

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow user to set Blur Background on by default

Blur background is nice. I think if someone plans to use it, they are likely to leave it on by default. Please allow setting Blur Background as a default option for video calls.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Classic and New alert sounds

Hello Skype, quite recently you guys have changed all the ringtones and alerts to an updated soundtrack, and me and many other people feel that we should be able to choose between the new alert sounds and the old classic ones considering many people love the old sounds and it brings lots of people nostalgic memories from using skype back in the day. I for one would love Microsoft forever if Skype users got the chance to choose between the Classic and New alert sounds. Hopefully you guys will take this into deep consideration and provide this awesome feature very…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Mute locally person

My idea came to me during one of conversations which have taken place in my job. I sit in rooms with two guys who also participate in these meetings. And when one person was talking, then I was hearing him twice - first locally in my room, and second in my headphones (there is a few seconds delay). It's a little bit annoying (at least for me). It would be nice if you consider adding option for "mute locally person" (which causes that only I doesn't hear someone). Currently there is an only possibility to mute person globally.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. please return click to call

please return click to call. really useful feature for a lot of people

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Recording a call

I think I should be able to accept or decline someone recording our call.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Outbound ring tone is VERY LOUD and distorted

When making an outbound call I have to remove my headphones. The ring tone is very loud and distorted. But when the person on the other end answers the volume is normal.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. add phone numbers

Go back to the old skype and enable the ability to add phone numbers and have multiple phone numbers per contact

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Why did you discontinue customized outgoing voicemail messages? Please bring this feature back.

Please bring back customized outgoing voicemail messages! I'm getting lots of calls from people who say that they aren't sure they're calling the right number because they just hear a generic outgoing message. This is really important!

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Display multiple WebCams of friends during Video Calls.

With the new Skype version, we are now limited to 4 cameras on screen. In the classic version of Skype, we were able to have as many cameras on screen in each call. As an example: I'm usually in a call with at least 8 friends & never had to switch to see their reactions. Now I have to do this with the new Skype version. Please bring this back.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Adjustable video quality

I have limited internet on my wifi connection and so need to reduce the video quality of my call for my android phone. If there is already an option, I'd suggest making it easily accessible as it's virtually nowhere to be found.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Ability to change notifications sounds within iphone

Ability to select different notification sounds

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Disable watermark on video calls

Disable watermark on video calls

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Please add the option to mute incoming ringer

Please add the option to mute incoming call ringer (ringing on secondary audio selected) when status is selected to "Do Not Disturb". This was how Skype use to work, ver 7 and earlier. For now I have to either make sure to totally must my computer, (all audio devices), or shutdown Skype/Quit Skype to not be disturbed by incoming calls.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Please allow me to toggle between sharing screen and camera view. I miss that

Please allow me to toggle between sharing screen and camera view. I miss that

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base