Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Video

Being back more than 4 cams being able to be shown at once.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I want intagrated calling tab back.

I want the integrated calling tab back. Don’t want skype calls going into my iPhone call history

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. aLLOW FOR AN OUTGOING MESSAGE WHEN CALLS ARE NOT ANSWERED.

Allow for an outgoing message when you are unable to anser a call.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. need to give control to a single person in group call ,so that other can not mute or remove from chat or call

need to give control to a single person in group call ,so that other can not mute or remove from chat or call

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Changeable ringtones

I feel that people should be able to change their ringtones for certain contacts. For an example, if I have a friend on Skype, I could set them a custom ringtone so I know if its them calling.

Also, the ability to set default ringtones for all contacts.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Enable group video chats on Echo Show (Alexa)

What I want to get working-

2 or more smartphones with the latest skype app to connect to 1 Echo show with it's own account

Currently only peer-to-peer is supported (Only one person can skype to an Echo show at a time).

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Voicemail greeting records

Voicemail greeting records
    Please allow us to personalise our voicemail its nearly the year 2020 common Skype you serious??
    Here is my case # 1483721637

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. VIDEO RECORDING NOT FOR EVERYONE

You should make it where we can turn off the option of someone recording us while video chatting. Like when someone tries make it say "This person isn't accepting video recordings". Make it where we have to accept it for it to start recording or make it where we are notified when we are being recorded.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. WTF?

Why in the hell did you get rid of the standard DTMF tones when dialing from the keypad? Bring them back! Changing them is NOT a useful innovation.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Logo Removal Option for Video Out (Namely NDI)

Previous versions of Skype allowed for disabling the watermark within the incoming video feed(s). With the move (and first platform to do so I might add) to integrate NDI, the ability to do so has been removed. If Skype is positioning itself to be a continued standard in broadcast and professional remote video, this option needs to return.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Call blocking for phone numbers. Blocking non-Skype users from calling Skype phone. I am tired of RoboCalls at 2 a.m.

Call blocking for non-Skype user phone numbers (RoboCalls). I am tired of RoboCalls at 2 a.m. to my Skype number while overseas.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Polycom VVX601 requires newest firmware 5.8.2 to prevent voice issues

Polycom VVX601 requires newest firmware 5.8.2 to prevent voice issues. Please have Microsoft start pushing the newest Polycom software to phones to prevent issues

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Been Asking for a MUTE OPTION for Two Years Now

How do you launch a new version of skype and leave out the option to MUTE THE RINGER? And what's worse is I know I haven't been alone in bringing this up repreatedly over the last two years.

I'm a paying customer who uses the service for taking calls on my nightly radio show. Come November 1 when I am forced off of Skype Classic, I will also be forced to end my business relationship with you that has spanned many years now. It's going to ruin every broadcast with that obnoxious ring

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Video calls are not working for a lot of people in the new version. When a person goes back to 7, it works fine, yet again.

A lot of people are complaining that there have been issues. I know, I, for one could not do a video call on the new version. The person could not hear me, until I switched back to our precious Classic. Keep Classic Skype, alive!

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. option to put ringer on mute for incoming calls

like in the previous Skype version I want the possibility to mute the ringer on a incoming call

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Improve the way video calls work with text chat functionality

The current state of things:
    Using text "Chat" option in video calling/group video calling in Skype 8.0+ is discouraging to chat users. Presently the video takes up a HUGE area and is not resizable. in Skype Classic (7.0+) the video takes up a rectangular area at the top of a chat window. In Skype 8.0 the video takes up the side and is resized. If the screen is too small, there is no chat at all. There is no way to display the camera and the chat window simultaneously when the window is at minimum width.

Feature request:
    Provide a…

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Start video automatically when answering a call

have a Samsung tablet just for Skype.

My mother has dementia and cannot operate any controls.

Her Skype is set to answer video calls automatically.

The trouble is that her video is always switched off, so I can never see her.
    yPlease enable video send in Skype when a call is automatically answered.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Bring back call tech. info.

It is an invaluably! tool when helping, the not so technical “interested” friends, to get good video quality.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. voicemail

How about letting people record/set their own custom voicemail greetings? For personal customers it would be fun...
    For business customers, it could be invaluable when they are busy

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow user to set Blur Background on by default

Blur background is nice. I think if someone plans to use it, they are likely to leave it on by default. Please allow setting Blur Background as a default option for video calls.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base