Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Alexa/Google Home integration

It would be great if Skype had a skill for Alexa or Google Home so for example we could make a call like this: "Alexa, open Skype and call xyz" etc. Or the same with Google Home. Also it would be great if we could do the same with messages.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Do not let incoming calls steal the focus

Do not let incoming calls steal the focus. In Skype 7, incoming calls are indicated by audio (through the desktop speaker, not my headphones! D'oh!) and an unobtrusive small topmost window that DOES NOT STEAL THE FOCUS and can be moved to a preferred location, where it stays; can even be closed without blocking the call. Skype 8 steals the focus, contrary to Microsoft's own UI guidelines, and does so even when, say, I happen to be playing a game (yes, I admit I do that sometimes), interrupting game play, changing resolution, even crashing the game. I mean, that alone…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Milwaukee, WI, USA has an area code of 414!

We'd sure like to be able to use area code 414!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. DTMF won't work on many systems, here (Italy) every time i call an automatic service i can't use DTMF, the remote system don't receive DTMF!

Modify the range of DTMF used by Skype becouse many automatic systems are unable to detect Skype DTMF so Skype is unusable.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Skype keeps crashing my sound driver

When in video or audio calls with specific contacts, all sounds may stop - both incoming and outgoing. I have to restart the Windows Audio driver for sound to be picked up again, even within the ongoing call! Sound can be ok for minutes in a row, or may crash within seconds of the last restoration. This is maddening, but somehow only occurs when talking to specific contacts. Bizarre

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Arreglen de una vez problemas históricos de Skype

Skype tiene históricamente dos problemas grandes muy grandes que en ninguna de las actualizaciones a través de los años han sabido solucionar ni resolver. Primero resulta imposible tener una conversación fluida, siempre hay cortes en algún momento. No pueden culpar a las conexiones de la gente ya que esto no sucede con otras aplicaciones similares como WPP.
    Segundo y lo que más me irrita, estamos en 2019 y ustedes todavía no proveen un servicio decente de audio y micrófono que se adapte adecuadamente a las nuevas tecnologías. Si decido utilizar mi parlante, antes de los que se conectaban hoy Bluethoot…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. There should be a way to set the priority order of devices used for audio and video out and in

Computers these days don't have a fixed set of hardware devices, it can completely change in a moments notice.

For example, a microsoft surface device could be plugged into a "docking" station, and using the video card in the keyboard unit, a camera connected to the keyboard unit, a professional usb microphone connected to the keyboard unit, two large 32" screens are used for display. With a keypress, every single one of those units goes away. And the other way around, when the keyboard is plugged in, these devices show up and become available.

Whenever something like this occur, skype…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. DTMF

Bring back the ability to input DTMF tones for conference calls, pin numbers, etc. I have been unable to input any DTMF data via keypad, touchscreen, or mouse since recent upgrades, rendering my subscription useless.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Call forwarding from a land line without using app

Hi devs,
    My idea comes from needs and pains.
    I'm a seaman paying unbelievable prices to communication comparing people ashore. At the end we get nothing than a very weak voice on the other side of the phone. Onboard ships we pay 25 usd for 1 hour by satelite. And if the called number is registered in US the balance can go up to 7 hours by US calling rates.
    Why not creating a call center which can connect our calls without internet usage onboard (cause we dont have)
    Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Bluetooth sound quality

Fix the sound quality problems and skipping with bluetooth headphones. That would be a great start. Now conferences are a pain. Have to disconnect -> connect all the time

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Skype手机和电脑来电话听不到电话响铃声音,每每都会误解一些电话

希望改进一下来电话声音响铃可以让我能听到来电话

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Support Video calling fully from Smart Watch such as the LEM4 PRO by LEMFO - i see other person's video & sound but they only hear my sound

Smart Watch Video Calling - Support Video calling fully from Smart Watch such as the LEM4 PRO by LEMFO - i see other person's video & sound but they only hear my sound

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Simultaneous translation by third party (to and from most of world languages)

I have an idea that can get back to the company and uesers with a lot of positive. which is a new idea that is not applied in any competitor this idea serves individuals, companies, television stations particular. if you are interested please contact with me to submit the proposal

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Bring back speakerphone function for android

I have a LG V40 Thinq, and the speakerphone function isn't available.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I had the "signal is too weak" problem for the first time today. I removed and reinstalled Skype 8.42,.

I had the "signal is too weak" problem for the first time today. I removed and reinstalled Skype 8.42, rebooted the modem and router, but the problem persists. What's your fix???

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Tool to remove conversations wuld be useful

It would be useful to be able to delete typed conversations

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base