Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Could you please just make a standard edition with out the bells and whistles .

Could you please just make a standard edition with out the bells and whistles .

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add mini camera screen

when clicking off skype whilst still on phone instead of the window that is currently there, show the camera as if you were still on it

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Privat call in conférence

Create a private section on Skype Conferences or two interlocutors can privately discuss other guests at the conference

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Adjustable window size in video call

Sharing screen is one of skype's best features, but it would be better if the video window size is adjustable while skype is minimized when sharing the screen.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. HOW ABOUT STOPPING SKYPE OVERIDING YOUR DEVICE WHEN ALREADY ON A CALL? Wouldnt that be using your brains when developing??

When you are actually on a mobile call using your Telco CARRIER wouldn't it be a simple thing not to have SKYPE override and come over the top of that call but to let the other person KNOW you are busy? Who develops these things without thinking???

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Disable call window

I have two monitors. I absolutely do not need the popup view of the person I am calling. It gets in the way and the person I am talking to already has an entire monitor dedicated to them. If I close it, click on Skype, then click off IT COMES BACK. The old version didn't do that. If you're going to force me to upgrade my version against my will after I opted-out of automatic updates then AT LEASE UPDATE ME TO A VERSION THAT ISN'T WORSE THAN THE OLD ONE.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. the new version no longer allows me to switch between cameras as the older versions did. WHY? Please give me back th original SKYPE so I

With originals versions, we could switch between three cameras. This no longer can be done. They tell us it will only support ONE camera but yet we can CONNECT two cameras plus the built in camera. No reason now as we can only use one camera. Without this function, we are forced to look towards ZOOM or GOOLE +. You going to help or just pass us off? Dr. Bob Heil. bobheilmac. www.heilsound.com

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. add sentiment indicators to skype calls

It would be awesome if Skype could tell you how the people on a call are feeling, particularly if you are not using video, or for users who may have difficulty reading the emotions of others.
    You could add a simple button to the skype call window next to the screen sharing and hang up buttons. When the user clicks it, three colored circles appear: a yellow smiley face, a grey face neither smiling nor frowning, and a blue frowning face. As soon as a user clicks one of these, everyone else on the call sees the appropriate emoji appear…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. HOTKEYS PLEASE! ONES THAT WORK AND DONT REQUIRE SKYPE AS THE MAIN FOCUS!

As of right now, the Global Hotkeys require skype to be pulled up in order to work. I want them to work without having skype up. It is very hard to game AND mute your microphone on a skype call when I have to minimize the game, click on skype, THEN CTRL+M. However, at that point I might as well just click the mute button! THERE IS NO POINT if doesnt work when not being focused on.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. seprate friends list from chat video calling

does anyone know if this can be done? with the old skype i use to be able to seprate friends chat list from a video call. now i cant?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Can't use "Realtek Audio Manager" "Microphone Effects" to remove fan noise

I'm trying to reduce the fan noise on my calls. I came across a nice effect in the Realtek Audio Console called "Unidirectional" that make my voice sound perfect. However, it's not carrying over to Skype. My voice sounds great when I test in both Voice Recorder and when I click "Listen to this Device" in my microphone properties page.

However, when I then make an Echo call in Skype, I can hear the fan noises. I believe it is completely ignoring the Realtek microphone effects.
    Before you ask, I only have one Recording device, so it's not a case…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. The ability to choose WHICH contacts' calls are answered automatically.

In addition to choosing to let and video starting automatically when a contact calls you; Let us only choose certain contacts that are able to have their call answered automatically. Give us more control, please.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Enable "Open with Skype" for phone numbers in webpages

For Android especially >> Enable Skype to be used as a dialer (alternative to the built in Phone app) for phone numbers listed in web browsers and documents.

This enables subscribers to use Skype as their default phone app in situations where they might not have cell service.

It eliminates the need to copy and paste numbers into the Skype dialer.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. There should be a company name or something like private number or restricted id instead of random +199 numbers if u disable caller id.

If a person disables his/her caller id. There should be an option to put a name of his company so if someone receives a call from a specific company name he will respond accordingly. Or maybe there should be an option of "Private Number" or "Restricted ID" instead of showing random Numbers or Codes like +1991 or something.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. option to put ringer on mute for incoming calls

like in the previous Skype version I want the possibility to mute the ringer on a incoming call

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. agent

I would like to talk to an agent

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Audio Delay

I think it would be better if you would add some Audio Delay feature in milliseconds, this will be very helpful for those who are in live streaming who wanted to sync their video and audio seamlessly. Thank you!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base