Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please include a feature where a blocked contact cant reach out to the person he / she was blocked by.

Please include a feature where a blocked contact cant reach out to the person he / she was blocked by. I am facing this as any stranger has got my id from somewhere and he is continuously calling me and showing his nude pics and videos.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I would like you to adExpelling people from video calls only by administrator

I would like you to add the function of being able to find out who expels from skype calls in a future version

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Upgrade meeting room or give power to hosts

I suggest as skype user to upgrade meeting rooms like only host must able to remove or end call of participants,participants mustn’t or while any participants is doing name must be mentioned who end the call Of other participant or host...

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow anyone to unmute anyone

This would be useful when someone cannot work out how to do it themselves.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. add volume control, clearer audio, more share screen options

Like discord, theres volume control for individual people in a chat or a group, so one friend can be put at 100%, someone else at 200% or someone at 50% etc. and discord tends to have clearer sounding audio, skype tends to sound more muffled. as for screen share, discord lets you select which application specifically that you want to share, and if u want to share the audio.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. How about a feature that allows us to change the background like Zoom can :-)

How about a feature that allows us to change the background like Zoom can. Presently there is no feature to do this on the latest version of Skype which is a real bummer.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Resolution options to improve quality of sound

Choice of resolution just like on YouTube
    Lower resolution potentially improving stability and sound quality
    Higher security version for confidential communication at work, civil service, criminal justice etc.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. How can I stop other participant to remove me from the group call . The app should block this feature to mute or remove other participant.

The aap should block thjs featurs or give the name of the culprit who is removing continuously the other participant. And only the host of tghe group should have that authority. And I think the aap dont have any concern abkut their aap users

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. mute my call know

In group calls, only the person initiating the call (using /golive command) can mute others, and there is no way to turn off others' video. This can be disruptive, particularly on large group calls. Would you please build in functionality for group admins to mute participants in a group call and to turn off participants' video in a group call?

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Recognising the Remover and mMter

The feature of recognition of the ones who mute or remove other participants from the call so that proper action could be taken against then by the head.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. group call with alexa

When can we do Skype Group video calls with Alexa on Echo Show 5 or Echo Dot devices???

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Make the name of who mute the other microphone in meeting become appear

We have problem while meeting call because there someone mute our mike so we prefer Skype to write the name of who doing it

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Find the person who is removing others from call.

We're having online classes on Skype because of lockdown but someone removes other persons and because of that We're not able to study or attend classes. Please do something.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Changeable ringtones

I feel that people should be able to change their ringtones for certain contacts. For an example, if I have a friend on Skype, I could set them a custom ringtone so I know if its them calling.

Also, the ability to set default ringtones for all contacts.

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Android no system audio during sharing video

How let the other contact hear the audio of a video shared during a video call?

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. enable audio interface option for Skype iOS

this would be huge improvement for those who teaches via Skype iPad for sharing screen and sending audio mix from external audio interface.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. audio with screen sharing.

people on the other end of the call call can hear no audio while i screen share, so i figured that this would be a simple solution to that. please fix it

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. The Recorded Video Must have a speaker only view.

In a video conference call if any member starts recording, the recorded video which has an validity of 1 month should only show the speaker view.
    for eg- if one records in a group call the speaker only should be visible instead of a grid view in which all are visible. it should be as if one is streaming online.
    Thanks. Hope you will do the Needfull.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Enabling Breakout rooms | Muting and kicking the participants out

I'm surprised that there are only 2 posts about his feature while I think this is the most useful and unique feature that Zoom offers. Especially in 2020 when all schools start to operate online they're looking for a better tool. Unfortunately, Zoom and other many platforms offer features such as muting and unmuting participants, locking the meetings and most importantly, only organizers can kick the group members out of the meeting. These are essential features Skype is missing.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base