Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. How about a feature that allows us to change the background like Zoom can :-)

How about a feature that allows us to change the background like Zoom can. Presently there is no feature to do this on the latest version of Skype which is a real bummer.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Resolution options to improve quality of sound

Choice of resolution just like on YouTube
    Lower resolution potentially improving stability and sound quality
    Higher security version for confidential communication at work, civil service, criminal justice etc.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please, help me

Good afternoon. My groupmates constantly turn off my microphone or remove me from the video call, can you restrict access to them feature? I

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Recognising the Remover and mMter

The feature of recognition of the ones who mute or remove other participants from the call so that proper action could be taken against then by the head.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Save our eardrums, make the ringtone quiter, atleast for the person calling

It is somewhat more understandable that it is loud for the person receiving the phone call but it does not have to be eardrum shattering loud for the person waiting for the other person to pick up.

Maybe have some nice deep sound like discord, the current one is obnoxious and it hurts.

Well done on the rest of skype, I hope you will take this in to consideration

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. The ability to see all partners at once

Please invent the setting which helps change the number of videos on my screen! If I have a chat with 10 people, I can see only 4 of them while the others are just little circles on top of the screen. I need to move them all the time to see everybody.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Find the person who is removing others from call.

We're having online classes on Skype because of lockdown but someone removes other persons and because of that We're not able to study or attend classes. Please do something.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add group video chats among echo show devices

Enable group video chats among multiple echo shows

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow for “ringtone” change

Please allow us to change our Skype “ringtone” to something of our choosing. Let us make changes to what ringtone we want our contacts to have. I have missed numerous calls because I didn’t identify the sound. It isn’t distinct. It does not matter how loud my volume is; I can’t hear the Skype call. I like using classic ringtones and music as ringtones because it’s attention-grabbing and I can assign a specific ringtone to each of my contacts so i am able to identify who is calling without having to look at he phone screen.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add a ability in free or in the paid subscription of skype that in group calls,participants other than hosted will not allowed to remove oth

Due to corona virus,schools are giving class on skype. The participants of group arr continuously removing and mute the other participants for fun. Plz fix this issue it is giving touble in studies and time. Add a feature that help us to trace that person or add a feature that participants do not allowed to do this. Thank you.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. The Recorded Video Must have a speaker only view.

In a video conference call if any member starts recording, the recorded video which has an validity of 1 month should only show the speaker view.
    for eg- if one records in a group call the speaker only should be visible instead of a grid view in which all are visible. it should be as if one is streaming online.
    Thanks. Hope you will do the Needfull.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. function to make people not throw you out of the conversation or silence you

function to make people not throw you out of the conversation or silence you

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Show video for all people in Video meeting

Currently when in a video chat it only shows the active video for the last 6 people that have spoken in the chat. It would be ideal though to have the ability to see the video feed from everyone on the call. In the age of COVID-19, this has suddenly become a standard expectation by users and pretty much the one killer feature of Zoom and its primary advantage over Skype. I love Skype and try to recommend it to other people for so many excellent features it has that are better than the competition, but the lack of this…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Annoying "Give me a call when you're back" message

Please, provide a way to completely disable "Give me a call when you're back" message when someone doesn't answer my call? I don't want to send this message. I understand this suggestion when it appears within a popup when the call ended (failed), but when I close this popup I really don't want this draft message to be sent. Instead I see this text in the message input field. I think it's bad for UX. It's simply annoying.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Idea for teaching classess

I am teacher and during my skype classes I have faced few issues as follows:
    1: Students remove me from the conference during the live session.
    2: They mute my mic.
    3: They mute other student's mics.

Recommend some feature like presenter/ attendee in Microsoft teams where the attendee cannot mute or remove the presenter from the class

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Can we get an option to TURN OFF noise cancellation?

I understand that for better Audio quality in Skype phone calls it is often valuable to have some kind of noise cancellation at work, which filters out background noise. This seems to be built-in inside Skype.

But sometimes there's a downside to this. Certain Audio information may get completely squelched, either in a conversation, by the speech of the other party (who does not even notice that the first party has said something), or, say in a music instruction session, where a note is played on a guitar string, but instead of ringing out cleanly, the note gets truncated by…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Option to change the ringtone to custom

You should be able to have your own custom ringtone on which you could download, and skype should have some of their own ringtones too

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Consider when recording video calls to chose split screen or single participant

Consider when recording video calls to chose split screen or single participant

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. hi , i want you guys to add when the person kicks someone i want you guys to show the name of person who ever kicked someone from the caL

TOO SEE THE PERSONS NAME WHO EVER KICKED SOMEONE FROM THE CALL BECAUSE WE HAVE SCHOOL LESSONS AND SOME KIDS ARE RUINING IT SO WE WANT TO KNOW WHO DOES THAT

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base