Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. When u are taking the online class if someone will remove or mute u it doesn't show the name of that participants who has muted or removed u

When u are taking the online class if someone will remove or mute u it doesn't show the name of that participants who has muted or removed u. please update this featt

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add group video chats among echo show devices

Enable group video chats among multiple echo shows

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Show some update button or other visible means to update Skype

Show some update button or other visible means to update Skype

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Support external usb microphone iPad

No option to set up a USB microphone under Skype in iPad. Currently using blue yeti USB microphone which works on all other applications under the iPad through an adapter. Skype does not give an option to enable the external microphone for phone calls.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Unable to identify who have removed me from skype group call

I was attending a Skype group call with my colleagues and have found that someone has removed me from the skype call. Despite I am the Group Creator and have initiated the call

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. ring tones

allow us to keep different ring tones

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. You should be able to stop another person from sharing their screen

Often people forget they are sharing their screen and there is no way on my end to stop it and return to a normal IM window. I have to message the person to remind them to stop sharing their screen.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Please include an important option to switch off 'noise cancellation' feature during calls for teaching purposes. Thanks.

noise cancellation is good only if one person is talking at any one time, but definitely not good for instruction/teaching purposes where say, a student is playing an instrument, or dancing to music, but the instructor's instructions cannot be heard by the student as it is 'cancelled out', unless the other person keeps quiet. Please include this option so that we can switch if off if we want to.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. chose ring tone

chose ring tone

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. GROUP CALL PROBLEM

Please distribute rights during the call since during the group calls someone keeps removing others from the call, regardless their right as admin/or user so please let add the right to remove member from the call to the admins only, or at least give the information who is removing who, since no one gets the information even the one who has been removed...

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. i really want a feature where i can change the ring tone of my calls when i or someone calls me, thanks

you basically change the ring tone when someone calls you in the settings, I would really love that

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Bring back 'share computer audio'

Bring back 'share computer audio' - it's very annoying that this feature has been removed because now I have to use zoom instead

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. show up to 8 participants in grid view

teaching a small class via Skype works great with 4 people, now how about 8 people? Good for all participants to see the whole class

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Is it too much to ask that a video is automatically recorded when I am added to a group meeting?

When my profile is added to a group and there is a video I would like skype to record the video and send a push notification asking if I would like to view the video. Incase I forgot to watch the video or did not receive a reminder to for the meeting or did not set a reminder.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. During group calls should be possibility to show on the screen more than 4 people

When you’re speaking with several people on Skype on video, it shows only 4 panels. So you can’t see other people and it’s really uncomfortable.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow more live streams on the screen

You should allow all the live streams on a single screen on a group video call so that we can talk with everyone . Currenty we can only see 4 people on screen pls increase it to atleast 12 people

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Option to change ringtone

Option to change ringtone

155 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

50 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Breakout Rooms

Zoom has breakout rooms and I miss this feature. I am teaching online, and I really miss it. Is there any chance of having it?

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. when sharing the desktop the little window with the person you are talking disappears(((( how can you fix this window on top of all other wi

when sharing the desktop the little window with the person you are talking disappears(((( how can you fix this window on top of all other windows and demonstrations? thanks

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow more participants in a Video conference, due to current Corona virus Home-Office situation.

Due to the latest Corona-Virus measures, many have started working from home and are currently in need of video conferences that often exceed the amount of 50 participants (e.g. our university lectures). I highly suggest that you increase the aforementioned limitation for free and thus, help too as a company during this difficult times.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base