Welcome to Skype Ideas!

To help us build the best version of Skype ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas so we can improve your Skype experience.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How it works

• Share your ideas! But first check if it’s already been suggested and vote for your favorites.
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit it.
  • Please include only one suggestion per post.
  • Ideas older than 5 months with less than 5 votes will be deleted.
  • If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Skype!
The Skype Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make it so we can see more than 4 people at a time in a call.

Want to be able to be like zoom when it comes to seeing multiple people.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. NDi on Linux - Please add feature

Can we pleas have the NDI feature also for Linux Desktop users.
    Thank you

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Skype Ringtone

Be able to customise your ringtone to anything you want, and different audio for different contacts.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Prevent USER members of a group disconnecting or muting other users.

I have created a group of 24 students. Very carefully (and tediously I may add) I have set each member of the group to USER status and kept myself and one other as ADMIN. In a GROUP CALL this status seems to have no effect as USER members of the group can mute or disconnect others, including the ADMIN. Whilst this causes much amusement to students, it is disruptive. Please consider disabling mute and disconnection features for USER members of a group. Please also make it easier to edit privileges rather than using codes in a chat window.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. WHY??? does it take so long to fix skype desktop...skype to skype calling.. this very important to all!!! HELP.

and also NO recording can be done.. I did it all... now its up to you.. you did this... now fix it... maybe use Zoom.. and pay for it.. ok!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Can we get an option to TURN OFF noise cancellation?

I understand that for better Audio quality in Skype phone calls it is often valuable to have some kind of noise cancellation at work, which filters out background noise. This seems to be built-in inside Skype.

But sometimes there's a downside to this. Certain Audio information may get completely squelched, either in a conversation, by the speech of the other party (who does not even notice that the first party has said something), or, say in a music instruction session, where a note is played on a guitar string, but instead of ringing out cleanly, the note gets truncated by…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Preventing removing from the conversation

When learning via the internet, the group chat administrator function is urgently needed so that no one can remove anyone from the conversation. Alternatively, a second function that shows who removed you from the conversation. To prevent fooling around. This function is urgently needed.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Being able to see who removed you from the call

Plz enable the feature to make sure that we are able to see who is removing who from the call because I have a class on skype and someone keeps removing the teacher and it's such a big disturbance. Plz help us solve this issue.
    Thank you

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. View participants in different arrangements.

It can be confusing as to who is talking when the video feed fights on the phone or on the computer. It would be good to have different arrangments for the participants. It would also be good to arrange by name, time joined (these could even be viewable as a toggle for keeping track with a timestamp for meeting roll calls). Tiles focused with the ability to swipe to a list to add another person to the focus screen. There's a lot of potential for features in the space of having flexibility and control over the viewing of participants. Please…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. we would like for you to allow only one admin to remove a member in the group chat

we would like for you to allow only one admin to remove a member in the group chat

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. add a whiteboard

so when we have a session with kids or a meeting with officer's we can use a whiteboard to draw or explain the concept

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Encryption on video calling should be done asap

Skype should use end to end encryption for video calling

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow for “ringtone” change

Please allow us to change our Skype “ringtone” to something of our choosing. Let us make changes to what ringtone we want our contacts to have. I have missed numerous calls because I didn’t identify the sound. It isn’t distinct. It does not matter how loud my volume is; I can’t hear the Skype call. I like using classic ringtones and music as ringtones because it’s attention-grabbing and I can assign a specific ringtone to each of my contacts so i am able to identify who is calling without having to look at he phone screen.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Only organizer or group calls has the control

I've been teaching to kids using this tool and they discovered they can disconnect their classmates from the call. It would be PERFECT if only I could control that.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Skype on smart TV again

Dear Sir / Madam,

Can you please make Skype available again on Smart
    TV's.

During the Corona pandemic it can be very usefull to stay in touch with your family.

Thanks in advance,

Krisztina

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. call admin management

I suggest the ability to decide group call administrators. to take away the administrator power of some people in group calls. I also suggest activating a call log to understand who removes other people from the call. These functions are useful in conferences and in call management

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Have option for all participants to be shown in a gallery view format in Skype desktop for windows

For Skype desktop for Windows: Have the option for full screen divided as equally as possible between all participants in chat, possibly with speaker highlighted &/or minimally larger.
    Just had family chat and found it difficult with the 4 large and rest as small bubbles at the top. It wouldn't be too bad if they had to all be in bubble .form but equal square in size might be better.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Audio and Video Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow PC Users to add custom sound effects

Hi, I doubt anyone from Skype will see this, but I think it would be so cool if you could add custom sound effects (like custom notification sounds) to skype. I think this would be a huge help for peoples needs, and would also make those who miss the sounds from Classic Skype happy. Thanks!

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Welcome to Skype Ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base